The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 29, 2003, 03:31:40 am

Title: Dick + The Fags (09-29-03)
Post by: AugustWest on September 29, 2003, 03:31:40 am
Monday's strip is up.

Your pal,

Naked Lady President

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09292003).
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: V-Adore on September 29, 2003, 04:08:39 am
Also: "D'shawn." And the unbelievably awesome car the alt text describes as the Sexual Homeboys' sweet ride.

But the bunny wins it. Hollandaise be cold understandin' the SONG OF AMERICA.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: Choop on September 29, 2003, 04:24:25 am
I SO TOTALLY WANT a Prime Time Records LP bag. Or boxers.

Yes, the perk-eared bunny taketh yon cake.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: jough on September 29, 2003, 05:34:03 am
When I first saw the subject line I thought someone had spammed the board.  I was getting out my "banning iron" to take it to someone's throat, and was a little disappointed I didn't get to c'lapse no tracheas.

The little bunny, Hollandaise, is adorable.  He's going to end up getting eaten by one of the crew, though.  This *is* Achewood, after all.

It sounds like no one on Prime Time Records is available, except the Sexual Homeboys.  Of course, Dick and the Fags could sort out their legal problems...
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: CortJstr on September 29, 2003, 04:30:36 pm
Whatever happened to Doggz to the Bizzone?

Also, while there's a pretty clear plurality that the rabbit rules today's strip, I cast my 2nd place vote to "Little Nephew (Grounded)" Partly because he actually got a contract after the rap battle, but mostly because of being grounded.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: AugustWest on September 29, 2003, 05:19:20 pm
Quote from: "jough"
The little bunny, Hollandaise, is adorable.  He's going to end up getting eaten by one of the crew, though.  This *is* Achewood, after all.


This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: CortJstr on September 29, 2003, 05:32:15 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?


For the same reason that this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002) stuffed elephant isn't sentient but stuffed otters apparently are.

I'd say it's a size thing, but then look at Todd.

Hold on! I was just about to post this when I realized it would be very difficult for non-sentient bunnies to build ambulences and have social services. Apparently Hollandaise simply chooses to hang with Pat and do pet like things. Maybe he just likes to be held. I mean, look how he's just following Pat around in Friday's strip. A non-concious bunny would never be that obedient or have the capacity to choose to act like that.

Of course now I understand the whole elephant thing even less than when I started this.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: sjlimmer on September 29, 2003, 06:23:05 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Also, while there's a pretty clear plurality that the rabbit rules today's strip, I cast my 2nd place vote to "Little Nephew (Grounded)" Partly because he actually got a contract after the rap battle, but mostly because of being grounded.


I have to second that vote for Little Nephew.  Maybe Ray grounded him because he wouldn't stop listening to Hyddyn Sceptyre (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06032003)
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: jough on September 29, 2003, 07:34:40 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

This is gonna be one of those "Just Cause" questions, but how come bunnies are pets and can't talk, but cats, bears, otters, squirrels and whatever Lyle is can?  How come everybody's all sentient and stuff, but bunnies ain't?


Because it is a cartoon, and can follow whatever conceits the artist requires at any given time.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: AugustWest on September 29, 2003, 07:48:26 pm
Isn't that a corrolary to the First Law of Parenthood, i.e. "Because I say so, that's why!"
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: ferocious j on September 29, 2003, 07:52:53 pm
I think "Several Thousand Dollars in Motion" is the best name out of that bunch ... too bad Ray hates 'em.  I wonder what they did?
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: jough on September 29, 2003, 07:56:07 pm
So ferocious j, why are you and the other band members in litigation with Dick?
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: beverly on September 30, 2003, 01:30:15 am
Quote from: "jough"
So ferocious j, why are you and the other band members in litigation with Dick?


do you know people in real life who like you?  I ask because you are an asshole
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: slink on September 30, 2003, 02:07:40 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I mean, look how he's just following Pat around in Friday's strip. A non-concious bunny would never be that obedient or have the capacity to choose to act like that.


Sidling quicky past beverley's post (I love Jough with an abandon akin to utter recklessness - like Onstad, I gotta love him 'cause he's as evil as I used to be, and miss being)...

My rabbit, the one I ever had, was actually remarkably obedient. Not in any bizarre 'we trained him to be' way. But you could open his hutch and wander off for half an hour and come back and he'd have hopped out to eat the dandelions surrounding his hutch, but wouldn't dare stray.
He never did. He lived to a remarkable age for a rabbit (something around 8 or 9 I think) and seemed very content and happy for all of that.

But anyway, just so you know, some times they are willing to follow you around and be like Pat's lil' friend.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: AugustWest on September 30, 2003, 02:26:15 am
Both Jough and the J man have yanked my chain on occasion, and hell, I love 'em both.

Huuuugggsss!


DAMMIT!  Nice Jough has infected me!  I gotta go get Lyle-ed up.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 30, 2003, 07:53:06 am
Quote from: "beverly"
Quote from: "jough"
So ferocious j, why are you and the other band members in litigation with Dick?


do you know people in real life who like you?  I ask because you are an asshole


I like 'em both too. For the record, I think on occasion they are both assholes. So am I. So are most everyone on this board (except JLDunston, of course).
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: FeeReep on September 30, 2003, 11:10:50 am
evildunston sure is though. why do we let hott assholes get away with being assholes?

also, I think Onstad has recently viewed the movie A Mighty Wind, now available on DVD and video, but this is pure conjecture.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2003, 12:38:51 pm
<obligatory reference>I use public toilets and I piss on the seat!</obligatory reference>
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: V-Adore on September 30, 2003, 08:23:37 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
<obligatory reference>I use public toilets and I piss on the seat!</obligatory reference>

Well, I like to park in the handicapped spaces and watch handicapped people make handicapped faces. So there.

(prolly paraphrased because I'm not googling for this.)
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: jough on September 30, 2003, 08:32:45 pm
You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, hot pink, with whaleskin hubcabs and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 MPH getting on mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers, and when I'm done suckin' down those greaseball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam container right out the side and there ain't a goddamned thing anybody can do about it. You know why?

Because we got the bomb, that's why.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2003, 08:52:12 pm
Two words: nuclear fuckin' weapons
Title: still beating the hoss that is dead
Post by: FeeReep on September 30, 2003, 10:07:49 pm
John Wayne's not dead, he's frozen.
Title: Dick + The Fags (9/29/03)
Post by: side_show on October 01, 2003, 09:54:15 pm
Yes, but Denis Leary's carrier is.[/i]