The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2007, 01:28:34 am

Title: Hunt's Move
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2007, 01:28:34 am
I can't find the strip that invented this meme.  Or is that a TOUAMB meme?  Help?
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 07, 2007, 01:32:58 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09252006

Adapted from this strip.

Hi Paul!
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: Doc on March 07, 2007, 01:35:55 am
Specifically I think you (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3193.msg76905.html#msg76905) are responsible Paul.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: theinevitable on March 07, 2007, 01:38:01 am
wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 07, 2007, 01:38:33 am
I believe we were discussing Bensington's preference to Hunts over Heinz and how that it a clear indicator of his not-being-classy because it is clear that Heinz is the classiest of over-the-corner working-man's ketchups.

There are probably classier ketchups that one can lift from the Four Seasons' mini-bar or what have you, with umlats and pictures of rustic tomato farms and sepia-toned labels, but the collective subconsciamatron agrees that a preference toward Hunts is a portent of non-classiness.

I... think... it only became full-born as a meme on the actual board, though.

In the body of the Mexican Realism arc, it was merely implied.

EDIT: Ah! I see. The unclassiness of Hunts was firmly established but the specific term "Hunt's Move" was created here.

I sit in front of my computer, corrected.

Hopefully I have helped.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: Doc on March 07, 2007, 01:45:04 am
Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

I think Misterque took him and Hobot away to his mystical island in the sky.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2007, 01:54:30 am
wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

He did (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3092.msg74483.html#msg74483).
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2007, 02:01:04 am
wow.

...wow.

I feel like Judy did that too, once. Where did that kid go? Other than "decided he'd posted too much, and left."

He was here yesterday.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2007, 02:49:52 am
How embarrassing.


...and thanks.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: linnea on March 07, 2007, 06:46:45 am
Bensington Butters is a man of low taste. I can't even visit the condiment aisle at the grocer's without laughing maniacally and having people give me weird looks.
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 21, 2011, 08:49:43 pm
Hunt's is officially the lowest ketchup. (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/taste-test-best-ketchup-isnt-the-one-you-think-2495068/)
Title: Re: Hunt's Move
Post by: Nabubrush on June 21, 2011, 10:51:52 pm
You'd think Bensington would have picked this one, if only for the linguistic similarity:
(http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4xiu1VSpl1qbkxh8o1_500.jpg)