The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on March 10, 2007, 02:32:59 am

Title: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 10, 2007, 02:32:59 am
Whats the deal with the post ranking ladder?
Is it automatic? Is the information available anywhere on what post count = what rank?
Basically I don't like being Dr.Kisses.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2007, 02:38:00 am
Whats the deal with the post ranking ladder?
Is it automatic? Is the information available anywhere on what post count = what rank?
Basically I don't like being Dr.Kisses.

It's based on post count only. At this point I wish I'd been keeping a list. All I remember is 0=Scrambles the Dog, 500ish = King of the Make-outs, and of course my current one.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: slink on March 10, 2007, 02:46:44 am
Basically I don't like being Dr.Kisses.

Please don't ask me to reconsider.

I'M SORRY DOCTOR KISSES, I'M SO SORRY, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Doc on March 10, 2007, 02:56:49 am
I'm pretty sure like two more posts will cure you of dr. kissesdom.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 10, 2007, 04:10:35 am
oh hell yes.

Be careful, though - it's a harsh mistress, and you don't know when you're going to change into something else (or what it'll be) until it happens. It'll make you think long and hard before hitting 'post'.

I used to be Nightlife fuck*ng Mingus. God DAMN it!
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: pmcd9 on March 10, 2007, 04:35:50 am
Hit the tipjar and you can be whoever you want to be.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 10, 2007, 04:37:21 am
Not to be picky, and not to be a dick, but that's sort of what I did originally. I didn't realize it would expire.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 10, 2007, 04:52:47 am
I think you need to send a private message to the man, the myth, the legend . . . God's Own Dick . . . Jough.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: linnea on March 10, 2007, 05:06:11 am
jough, A-CAP should get "Aaaarthurrrr!
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: side_show on March 10, 2007, 07:49:38 am
Here's a question: What's with the "Sweet Fancy Moses?" custom title I have?  I have no idea why it's been ascribed to me, it just appeared a long time ago, and I sort of liked it, so I said nothing for fear that it would disappear.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: pmcd9 on March 10, 2007, 09:23:18 am
It's something you said once right?  I have vauge memories of you asking for it and since you are TOUAMBer of the Year with an unprecedented string of Hall of Fame caliber postings you pretty much get whatever you want up in here.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2007, 05:04:42 pm
Here's a question: What's with the "Sweet Fancy Moses?" custom title I have?  I have no idea why it's been ascribed to me, it just appeared a long time ago, and I sort of liked it, so I said nothing for fear that it would disappear.

And at this point it's not like we can just do a search, as the text appears in literally all of your posts.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: RMJ12345 on March 10, 2007, 11:38:29 pm
I feel as if the rank ladder should have something to do with the "time wasted" thing in the user info box. I am just about to hit one whole day spent on this board.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 11, 2007, 12:41:14 am
On the topic of the rankings...

I actually feel, like, kinda bad that I seem to have exceeded in post-count the esteemed Hobot, as she is one of the people that seems to always come up in the "Awesome People That Aren't Around Much Anymore" discussions.

It is a weird sort of internet guilt. She seemed pretty funny and awesome and I realize that in comparison to her, I am probably pretty much a crap dude.

I sorta feel like the younger son in a Lifetime movie whose much-better-at-everything sibling died in some sort of tragic event and now... I'm just a walking reminder to Meredith Baxter-Birney-Cougar-Mellancamp that her better kid died and I'm just sort of here.

Such as Arnold is gone and only Danny Devito remains.

The internet is weird.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2007, 12:47:57 am
Such as Arnold is gone and only Danny Devito remains.

Guh? Wow. That seems backwards to me.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 11, 2007, 12:52:14 am
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/)

Education.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2007, 02:32:06 am
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096320/)

Education.

Oh no, I've seen Twins. I'm just surprised that someone would think Arnold was the better half, is all.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 11, 2007, 02:50:32 am
Gotcha.

In that sense, a dude agrees.

He's infinitely more talented as an actor and has proven to be a pretty damn good behind the camera as a producer as well. There is pretty much no doubt he'd be a better governor as well.

Pretty much the only people who'd be worse governors than Arnold are... uhm... working in the White House as... the heads of the entire country instead of just a state. Yeah.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: theinevitable on March 11, 2007, 04:18:07 am
my favorite was when my friend Sarah slept in Hobot's room at college. And said she was awesome, but also kind of creepy and scary.

That is how I would like to think of her, forever.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 11, 2007, 04:26:43 am
Gotcha.

In that sense, a dude agrees.

He's infinitely more talented as an actor and has proven to be a pretty damn good behind the camera as a producer as well. There is pretty much no doubt he'd be a better governor as well.

Pretty much the only people who'd be worse governors than Arnold are... uhm... working in the White House as... the heads of the entire country instead of just a state. Yeah.

Hey, don't forget about Jeb! He's craptastic!
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2007, 05:06:00 am
I realize that in comparison to her, I am probably pretty much a crap dude.


No.  You are not a crap dude in comparison to anyone. 

Hobot is not a crap lady.

You are both astoundingly rad in your own separate ways. 

Get down with your Bad Selves.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2007, 02:47:41 am
Spend those next 40 posts wisely, my friend. After that, for 100 posts, you are teh gay!

Is that how you do that? I am new at the internets.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: jough on March 16, 2007, 04:32:30 am
Nabu - when we switched to this new board software, I had to re-create everyone's titles manually again.  Yours must've slipped the crack.  Let me know what yours was or what you want it to be now and I'll hook you back up again.

A-CAP - you gots mail, son.  Just let me know what you want your new title to be, and thanks again for the simoleans.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: Nabubrush on March 16, 2007, 01:51:54 pm
Huh - I didn't know there was new software. I pretty much just figured this thing ran itself, like a '59 Mercury or somesuch. I think I will go back through all the archives, find something suitable, and apply again.
Title: Re: TOUAMB rank ladder
Post by: iron_felix on March 16, 2007, 04:12:37 pm
0-24 Scrambles the dog
25-49 Dr. Kisses
50-99 YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
100-199 Chucklebot
200-249 Showbiz
250- 329 Todd
330-399 Lie Bot
400-4?? Dr. Andretti
5??-5?? Lyle
5??-??? King of the Make-Outs


This is what I was able to figure out from the stats page in case anyone else was wondering.

I wasn't sure if I really wanted a custom title, since I was enjoying the sense of discovery whenever it changed on its own, but I'm not going to wait another 500 posts now to find out what the next one is.

Just let me move some money into my Paypal account first.  It's all dried up at present.  I need to do that anyway... I've been meaning to buy a Freezepop album from their online store and that's the only kind of payment they take.