The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Terry on March 12, 2007, 07:55:23 am

Title: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Terry on March 12, 2007, 07:55:23 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMIC_66l-YE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMIC_66l-YE)

This may be possibly too obscure for everyone here bar the few who know and love XTC, but everyone else I've shown has got a kick out of it anyway. If only more bands would write a history of themselves into something like this instead of a self-indulgent wank-song. As an aside, can anyone else think of any bands which have made it fairly big yet retained a sense of humour? It's all too rare.

Seriously, you might wonder why the hell I'd bother you with this, in which case de-can me or whatever is fitting.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: slink on March 12, 2007, 10:34:24 am
Seriously, you might wonder why the hell I'd bother you with this, in which case de-can me or whatever is fitting.

I'll let you off as it made me go and listen to Primus covering Making Plans again.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2007, 05:19:17 pm
Fuck, they de-canned you!
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: theinevitable on March 12, 2007, 10:04:05 pm
whoa, um, he has a little star? Wherefore the star? And whence?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Nabubrush on March 12, 2007, 10:05:34 pm
That's better than any crap cans. Can I get a pentacle?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: pmcd9 on March 12, 2007, 10:33:29 pm
An interesting development.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: theinevitable on March 12, 2007, 10:38:00 pm
a-so, Terry = Judy? Anyone?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: side_show on March 13, 2007, 01:14:14 am
a-so, Terry = Judy? Anyone?

Huh, interesting theory.  It did strike me as odd that Terry referred to Misterqueue in his 4th post ever.  I took him to be a well educated noob, but if you look at the avatar... he is oddly familiar.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2007, 01:34:16 am
Sockpuppets - threat or menace?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Roger on March 13, 2007, 02:27:25 am
a-so, Terry = Judy? Anyone?

If Terry isn't Judy, then Judy should sue Terry for ripping off his thing.

Sorry Terry, nothing personal. In fact, thanks for the link, I loved it.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2007, 04:35:52 am
however: I feel like he mentioned something which indicated being older. I forget what... something about "when I was a teen" maybe?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 13, 2007, 08:43:25 am
Also, Judy always had Talking Heads avatars.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Doc on March 13, 2007, 11:42:24 am
Also the text beneath his head taunts us.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2007, 01:53:08 pm
Sort of looks like David Byrne to me, anyway.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2007, 04:19:55 pm
Also, Judy always had Talking Heads avatars.

Judy had a variety of avatars.  Shane McGowan mostly.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Roger on March 13, 2007, 04:34:56 pm
Also: "Terry and Judy" sound almost exactly like a line from The Kinks' Waterloo Sunset.

Coincidence?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: side_show on March 13, 2007, 07:06:43 pm
Also, Terry signed up for an account about a minute after Judy's last post.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2007, 07:11:25 pm
wow. I didn't say it before cause I figured i was just being silly.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Sub_Topical on March 13, 2007, 07:35:27 pm
Who the fuck stole my gig!?!
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: slink on March 13, 2007, 07:39:21 pm
I was going to just check IPs on the offchance, but despite my modly ways it insists only those with modly ways can see... I guess it keeps the mystery alive.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2007, 07:41:09 pm
speaking of modly ways...
where the hell is Jough?
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: Sub_Topical on March 13, 2007, 07:45:49 pm
Poor guy has a real job now.

NOTE: No real sympathy included in the content of this post.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2007, 07:53:46 pm
I was going to just check IPs on the offchance, but despite my modly ways it insists only those with modly ways can see... I guess it keeps the mystery alive.

IIRC only Admins (Jough, JL, V) can see IPs
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 13, 2007, 08:00:10 pm
Message board detectivery: occasionally happening since President Gore invented the internet.
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: side_show on March 13, 2007, 09:01:17 pm
Message board detectivery: occasionally happening since President Gore invented the internet.

Oh, lfm, I'd kiss you if you weren't swimming with disease! 
Title: Re: For your delight and entertainment
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 13, 2007, 11:09:09 pm
Judy had a variety of avatars.  Shane McGowan mostly.
'

But also that Danging David Byrne.

I always thought that Judy's avatar glory days were Iggy's Lust for Life.  Maybe that is what it was when I came here, or maybe it is just a funny picture, but that is how I will always view Judy.