The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: gocrazykid on March 13, 2007, 02:20:21 pm

Title: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: gocrazykid on March 13, 2007, 02:20:21 pm
Anybody heard of this guy Daniel Higgs? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_higgs)
He sucks. A friend of mine who's into experimental music dragged me to see him the other night, and all I could think was, "this is mister band. I am terrified."
His songs were all played on banjo, and they were all single-note drone pieces that lasted literally 15 minutes, with menacing greek mythology lyrics, sung in 'big scary voice'.

"PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK...The basilisk will swallow your soul PLUCK PLUCK I step over my own corpse on the smoke ridden battlefield."

It may have been Nice Pete in disguise.
Title: Re: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 13, 2007, 06:14:27 pm
Anybody heard of this guy Daniel Higgs? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_higgs)
He sucks. A friend of mine who's into experimental music dragged me to see him the other night, and all I could think was, "this is mister band. I am terrified."
His songs were all played on banjo, and they were all single-note drone pieces that lasted literally 15 minutes, with menacing greek mythology lyrics, sung in 'big scary voice'.

"PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK...The basilisk will swallow your soul PLUCK PLUCK I step over my own corpse on the smoke ridden battlefield."

It may have been Nice Pete in disguise.

Dude. Baltimore. That's all you need to know to prove it sucks.

Except the Paper Moon, that place is rocking at 4am.
Title: Re: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: Teatime on March 15, 2007, 06:35:40 am
The only appropriate states for a man to be in at 4am are asleep or feeling some substance or other. Ergo, every place is rocking at 4am.

EDIT: Oh man never mind caffeine is a substance that a dude might be feeling at 4am that would not be conducive to a rocking time unless circumstances were otherwise slanted towards such.
Title: Re: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 15, 2007, 05:12:23 pm
Oh man never mind caffeine is a substance that a dude might be feeling at 4am that would not be conducive to a rocking time unless circumstances were otherwise slanted towards such.

Especially if you are feeling it because you just woke up and are travelling to the foundry.
Title: Re: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: Teatime on March 15, 2007, 07:38:44 pm
Especially if you are feeling it because you haven't slept for thirty-seven hours and your college essay is due in twelve minutes.

EDITed for grammar: Ugh. This auto-spellchecker thing is making me sloppy about checking for typos.
Title: Re: I think I found the real Mister Band...
Post by: theinevitable on March 15, 2007, 07:40:41 pm
man, you are totally 1 hour into Brain-Death.