The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: slink on March 13, 2007, 03:27:07 pm

Title: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: slink on March 13, 2007, 03:27:07 pm
I just want to see quite what kind of foodie we have around... What do y'all make of this?

Ferran Adrià's ears (http://hungryinhogtown.typepad.com/hungry_in_hogtown/2007/03/earresistible_e.html).
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: Ruta Bagas on March 13, 2007, 04:03:57 pm
I was a bit skeptical about the potential tastiness of cartilage but that sounds awesomely tasty. Pub snack for the new millennium? I certainly think you'd need a decent ale to go with.

I am all for eating as much of an animal as can be made delicious.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: iron_felix on March 13, 2007, 04:18:22 pm
I think I would be willing to try these too, for novelty's sake if nothing else.  They sound quite nice though.  Of course, I would have the irresistible urge to dip them in chocolate fondue.  As if it weren't twisted enough already.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: Fooker on March 13, 2007, 04:19:47 pm
Oh.

Oh my.

 :-\
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: Ruta Bagas on March 13, 2007, 04:29:44 pm
I think the employment of chocolate fondue is an acceptable response to any foodstuff, and a fair few inedible objects.

The sooner people recognise the vital importance of dipping things in melted chocolate, the sooner this world will start making some kind of sense.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2007, 04:33:16 pm
No, just the check would be great. Thanks.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2007, 04:35:20 pm
I can only assume that much like sheep's stomach and soft cheese that the FDA would classify rabbit ears as, at minimum, "not food" and possibly even a bio-hazard.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: AugustWest on March 13, 2007, 04:41:01 pm
Of course you know, this means war...
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2007, 04:56:30 pm
I will try almost any foodstuff once but on this one, I think I'll pass.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: slink on March 13, 2007, 06:06:49 pm
I think that's already more takers than I was expecting. Every time I see Nigella Lawson munching away on pig's ears I just think, ack... But the bunny ears look hell of tasty to me, all crispy and golden and herbed and such.

Damned right about the good ale comment. Oh yes!
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 15, 2007, 01:44:53 am
Of course you know, this means war...

A rabbit sandweech!
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: jaydub on March 15, 2007, 03:41:09 am
If those are good, how about 'roo ears?  They're bigger and in endless supply (down under).  I wonder if they would have provoked as much outrage as the comments section on the linked site.
Title: Re: Some of you will probably wish this had fit in fictional gourmet techniques
Post by: theinevitable on March 15, 2007, 04:24:01 am
those ears... do not look appetizing to me.