The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Flenker on October 01, 2003, 03:23:53 am

Title: Anniversary (10-01-03)
Post by: Flenker on October 01, 2003, 03:23:53 am
This has got to be the earliest I've seen Achewood updated that I can remember....  I just checked at 10:30 pm CST.  Working on identifying everyone, haven't really looked too hard yet

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012003).
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: Choop on October 01, 2003, 03:50:20 am
I had quite the time finding Johnny Cash, then he appeared right in the middle. Love how Ray's on the phone and Beef is the Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.,j and completely didn't notice that Andy wore thong flip-flops until now.

I saw the "Moon Over My Hammy" waiter, but wasn't there also a starbucks barista in the strip at some point? Or am I just drunk (I might be)? Also, there are more cats in there than I remember. Who's the one with the combover?
Title: ...
Post by: Noah on October 01, 2003, 03:50:47 am
I'm looking closely, and I think that EVERY Achewood character ever drawn is there. Even Andy.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: pmcd9 on October 01, 2003, 03:56:08 am
I only looked for a little while, but the combover dude I know.  That's the guy that was sitting next to Beef at the sushi restaurant in the underground a few weeks back.

~Paul
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: Choop on October 01, 2003, 04:05:55 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH UNIT PMCD9!

Please tell me you bang on a regular basis the panty-free chick from that one photo you posted. You'd be cool as Ray.




Otherwise, you're only as cool as Vlad.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: AugustWest on October 01, 2003, 04:27:19 am
Onstad should make this comic available as a limited edition rotogravure poster.  I'd buy one.  Maybe even two.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2003, 04:54:47 am
I'm enough of a dork that I spent two solid minutes looking for Petunia, and I was totally prepared to bitch on this MB had I not found her. But I did.

It occurs to me that we don't have any of Todd's squirrel homies here besides Blister. Maybe they got de-invited?
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: jough on October 01, 2003, 06:49:42 am
I love how everything eminates from Cash.  Nice.

And Beef is the only one to appear twice, although the second time he's the Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. so that may count as a different character.

I like how he continues his habit of not re-drawing anything and just collected them all together from other strips.

Kinda like the Achewood Forum Logo above, except that I left out like 50,000 characters.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: jough on October 01, 2003, 06:50:06 am
P.S. Happy Anniversary, Chris.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: FeeReep on October 01, 2003, 11:01:21 am
Scrambles needs to get the fuck away from Nice Pete.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: palm trees on October 01, 2003, 11:05:32 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

It occurs to me that we don't have any of Todd's squirrel homies here besides Blister. Maybe they got de-invited?


they are in todd's van getting crunked

what about the snake? even though he is dead dead.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: jay-ell on October 01, 2003, 12:32:18 pm
Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  

My favorite is how Phillipe's Mom appears to be on the phone with Satan.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 01, 2003, 01:37:57 pm
She could be on the phone with Ray, too.  Perhaps they're having a conference call.

Interesting choice of the basketball (murder)-playing version of Nice Pete.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on October 01, 2003, 01:48:10 pm
Doctor Andretti w/clipboard is next to Johnny Cash. This is good: he is an expert at bringing people back from the dead.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2003, 02:00:39 pm
Where's the squirrel who was in the snake? (I don't have time right now to look up the strip)

I guess one Aibo can represent them all. I choose to believe that's Dr. Kisses.

I like how even Beef's childhood friends are back by Vlad. That was sweet of them to come.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2003, 03:09:55 pm
The snake I'm leaving out, because he is, in fact, dead. But the squirrel that was in the snake should definitely show up.

Also: what, Blister couldn't get an invite for the guy who invented salami?

Anyway, if it wasn't clear above, this strip rocks. Happy anniversary to the 'stad and the 'wood.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: doomglobe on October 01, 2003, 04:11:29 pm
man even french fry and roller skate are there. Also, I am wearing my special boy tshirt today.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2003, 04:33:01 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The snake I'm leaving out, because he is, in fact, dead. But the squirrel that was in the snake should definitely show up.


Little Freddie

Also, how long has December, 1969 had an entry on the archives? Am I the only one just noticing this?
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: sjlimmer on October 01, 2003, 04:47:08 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm enough of a dork that I spent two solid minutes looking for Petunia, and I was totally prepared to bitch on this MB had I not found her. But I did.


That's ok.  I took forever to find Mantonio, even though he's right next to Tina.  Nice to see things are still working out for those kids.

Also, what is the name of the woman that Mr. Bear is talking to.  During a cursory look through the archive, I didn't see her being named anywhere.



Quote from: "jldunston"
Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  


But not my title?
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: AugustWest on October 01, 2003, 04:56:30 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Also, how long has December, 1969 had an entry on the archives? Am I the only one just noticing this?


I noticed this the other day and wondered the same thing.

Also, who is the guy in the tux up next to Nightlife Mingus and Todd's van?
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2003, 05:11:37 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, who is the guy in the tux up next to Nightlife Mingus and Todd's van?


He's Showbiz's boss (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01132003) at Louis XIV. I don't think he has a name. Much like poor Mr. Bear's nameless lady-friend.

I guess Madison (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12312002) doesn't count for an appearance since we only saw her back via thought bubble.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: Steve Hogan on October 01, 2003, 05:24:56 pm
That whole panel would look great as a painting in a barber's shop.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: jay-ell on October 01, 2003, 05:25:46 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Palm Trees, I love your .sig.  


But not my title?


Of course!  But two things: 1) I noticed your title a long time ago so I take it for granted and 2) I love that the original scrabble piece layout is preserved in PT's .sig.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: jough on October 01, 2003, 05:49:59 pm
PHP inserts the date 31 December 1969 when it doesn't know the date - since UNIX Epoch time is 1 January 1970 (don't ask me why in the computer world this is the day that TIME BEGAN - it just IS).

And it looks like 'stad has added a few characters since last night.  I made the old version my desktop, so maybe I can post it here to contrast and compare.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: palm trees on October 01, 2003, 06:14:21 pm
rah! just managed to avoid having to ask who the fuck that square thing in the top left is by some crafty hunch-based archive perusal.
truly, i am the king of kings.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2003, 06:47:58 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
truly, i am the king of kings.


Mr. Burns?
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: ferocious j on October 01, 2003, 07:28:59 pm
Boo-urns!  Boo-urns!
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2003, 07:42:48 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Boo-urns!  Boo-urns!


Now Hans Moleman is here. Apparently every man, woman, and child in Springfield is an Ache-head.
Title: Antique Road Show
Post by: reigunred on October 01, 2003, 07:51:47 pm
Where is the Antiques Road Show guy.. you know the one who appraises the daggeurotype.
Title: ...yeah...
Post by: Noah on October 01, 2003, 08:47:41 pm
The only people that aren't there, that I can think of, are Little Nephew's friends, Todd's friends, and the American Road Show dude.
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 01, 2003, 10:35:14 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Also, what is the name of the woman that Mr. Bear is talking to.  During a cursory look through the archive, I didn't see her being named anywhere.


Penny in a Fountain (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11292001)

Is that her?

Edited: FerociousJ is absolutely right.... I tried to get an edit in before he caught me, but I was TOOO SLOWWW
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: ferocious j on October 01, 2003, 10:41:35 pm
No.  We've never seen Penny.  The lady is from the party (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03142002).  We know at the least that she's a fan of Mr. Bear's (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03252002).
Title: Anniversary - Oct 1
Post by: gnpaaron on October 01, 2003, 11:56:00 pm
But where are Onstad's legs? Also, chin?
Title: Re: ...yeah...
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 02, 2003, 04:48:12 am
Quote from: "Noah"
The only people that aren't there, that I can think of, are Little Nephew's friends, Todd's friends, and the American Road Show dude.


I also notice that although Mr J. Cash is there, as are the gentlemen from Vlad's "Wall of Tough Guys" and Emeril and Alex Trebek...but no David Schwimmer. Not that I want him there....