The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: iron_felix on March 17, 2007, 06:40:14 am

Title: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: iron_felix on March 17, 2007, 06:40:14 am
And Happy Belated Birthday, too.  I was going to let somebody post this who was actually around at the same time as Q, but... nobody did.  Seriously, folks!  Do you really think he'd ever come back if this is the kind of treatment he gets?  Jeez!

I'm sorry it had to happen this way, Q.  Don't take it too hard, if you're reading this up there in TOUAMB Heaven... we still love you.  I'll do my best to carry the Sick Fuck torch in your absence.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: pmcd9 on March 17, 2007, 07:58:30 am
Well we've already had about 2-3 threads dedicated to begging him to come back.  If he wants to come back he knows where we are.  Fuck that guy.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Doc on March 17, 2007, 08:16:44 am
He's probably gone all Andy Kaufman, would only ever come back once no one really remembered him.

He was quite thorough in removing himself from the internet though, I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: iron_felix on March 17, 2007, 09:02:30 am
Fair enough.  I just thought it was kind of rude for him to not have a birthday thread, is all, in absentia or not.

He's probably gone all Andy Kaufman, would only ever come back once no one really remembered him.

He was quite thorough in removing himself from the internet though, I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.

I suppose we'll find that out in 2026 or thereabouts.  Lately it seems like everybody else has been going Andy Kaufman around here, too.  I barely know what's going on anymore.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: wombat on March 17, 2007, 02:21:47 pm
I suspect he was part of a sociology PHD.

So what about littlefallsmets then?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 17, 2007, 02:58:09 pm
A view of his profile indicates that he was indeed active yesterday doing something. His lasts posts say he thought he posting excessively with over 2000 posts in less than a year...
A TOUAMB burn out I guess we could call him. All sitting up at 3AM with "Blinded by the light" playing in the background - dollar bills caked in white powder and a single bony finger feverishly hitting the refresh button on the "whos online" page. Its a sad sight. It was for the best.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 17, 2007, 03:55:36 pm
Quote from: wombat
So what about littlefallsmets then?

Well, I mean, I'm actually Chris Onstad.

So are you, womb@. Are you one of his sleep sock puppets that he doesn't remember? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the waking ones...

Or am I?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: slink on March 17, 2007, 04:08:28 pm
Are you one of his sleep sock puppets that he doesn't remember?

'Where do your fingers go?'
?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 17, 2007, 05:34:02 pm
To be fair, he shows up all the time - he just doesn't post. Can't blame him. I'm surprised more people don't take periodic breaks.

Maybe it's just the top performers:

Queue
Zartan
Me.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: linnea on March 17, 2007, 07:25:02 pm
Well we've already had about 2-3 threads dedicated to begging him to come back.  If he wants to come back he knows where we are.  Fuck that guy.

Quoted for truth.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: theinevitable on March 17, 2007, 07:46:42 pm
I told him Happy Birthday on Last.fm

Quote from: the man himself
Thanks ver much! Now continue staying the fuck away.

He is bitter that I live very near him.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: linnea on March 18, 2007, 01:26:52 am
I told him Happy Birthday on Last.fm

He is bitter that I live very near him.

...did he have a psychotic break or something? What the hell happened?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 18, 2007, 01:28:51 am
I think the strain of being Terry AND Judy AND Mr. Q AND Chris Onstad all at once got to him.

That's... that's what my dog told me, anyway.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: wombat on March 18, 2007, 01:29:32 am
...did he have a psychotic break or something? What the hell happened?

Naah, he just doesn't like us anymore. There's no accounting for taste.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2007, 02:08:29 am
He's moved on to greener pastures.  Life goes on.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Sub_Topical on March 18, 2007, 03:31:08 am
Quote from: the man himself
Thanks ver much! Now continue staying the fuck away.

This is a sign that says let the dude be.

NAAA-NAA-NA-YADDA-YAA-DAA
YADA-YA-DAA
HEY...
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2007, 04:14:09 am
This is a sign that says let the dude be.

NAAA-NAA-NA-YADDA-YAA-DAA
YADA-YA-DAA
HEY...

Dude, you're freaking me out. What the hell are you doing? Did you run out of pills?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 18, 2007, 04:17:20 am
I think he's singing the end of "Hey Jude".

As a reference to "Let It Be".

...for some reason.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Sub_Topical on March 18, 2007, 04:19:43 am
Dude, you're freaking me out. What the hell are you doing? Did you run out of pills?

...JUDE!

(because I trust you people to pick it up and do some of the work for me)
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2007, 03:09:05 pm
...JUDE!

(because I trust you people to pick it up and do some of the work for me)

Oh eat me - I meant weren't you somebody else yesterday?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 18, 2007, 04:00:15 pm
I think he's singing the end of "Hey Jude".

As a reference to "Let It Be".

...for some reason.
It's an appropriated version of Steam's Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. I'm pretty sure.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: iron_felix on March 18, 2007, 05:29:00 pm
I'm actually kind of embarrassed now that all these people have posted here.  I wasn't trying to get the dude to come back, that's his own choice, but he just seemed like he had been important enough before that he should get his own birthday thread.  It made a bit more sense with the wave of nostalgia that was sweeping the board at the time.  Then I apologized to him because no one else had bothered to do it yet, and... what the fuck, who even cares anymore?  I can't even be bothered to try and explain myself now.

Well, I mean, I'm actually Chris Onstad.

So are you, womb@. Are you one of his sleep sock puppets that he doesn't remember? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the waking ones...

Or am I?
I think the strain of being Terry AND Judy AND Mr. Q AND Chris Onstad all at once got to him.

That's... that's what my dog told me, anyway.

Terry, Judy, Mr. Q, Wombat, LFM and his dog are all really Onstad.
...at least they would be, if Onstad even existed.  It's really a bunch of ducks inside a human suit.  But I didn't tell you that.

Also, is it a coincidence that Sub_Ashical and Ash_Topical have the same number of tiny cans, or was that normalized somehow?  I'd give one to one of them to find out, but I don't want to upset the delicate balance.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 18, 2007, 05:48:26 pm
Interestingly enough, only Sub is Chris Onstad even though Sub and Ash are the same person.

I'm hazy on the details but it has something to do with Biff's Alternate 1985 with the casino.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: V-Adore on March 18, 2007, 09:09:46 pm
He's moved on to greener pastures.  Life goes on.

What's that you say, Mr. August West? Misterqueue has left and gone away? Hey hey hey, hey hey hey?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 18, 2007, 09:11:37 pm
Interestingly enough, only Sub is Chris Onstad even though Sub and Ash are the same person.

The name's pronounced "Chris Ass-tickle".
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 18, 2007, 09:20:14 pm
Hey hey, my my
Mister Cue will never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye
Mister Cue will never die
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Doc on March 18, 2007, 10:25:18 pm
Terry, Judy, Mr. Q, Wombat, LFM and his dog are all really Onstad.

This makes wombat's stalking of Onstad's dog all the more intriguing.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2007, 01:55:35 pm
This makes wombat's stalking of Onstad's dog all the more intriguing.

So much easier!
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2007, 02:14:48 pm
Who's Misterqueue?
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Doc on March 20, 2007, 11:34:10 am
Achewood fact: The TOUAMB has never had a member called 'Misterque'.
Title: Re: Where did you go, misterqueue? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2007, 01:52:44 pm
Achewood fact: The TOUAMB has never had a member called 'Misterque'.

Bzzzzzzz! Wrong!