The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: linnea on March 21, 2007, 02:41:03 pm

Title: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: linnea on March 21, 2007, 02:41:03 pm
Not only does this strip with Vermont Fuckin' Pete fit in with the cussin' we discussed in "The End-Times (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3523.msg87055.html#msg87055)" thread, it also mentions Achewood. I <3 Jeffrey Rowland.

Quote from: Jeff Rowland (http://overcompensating.com/posts/20070321.html)
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:00 AM
http://overcompensating.com/posts/20070321.html (http://overcompensating.com/posts/20070321.html)
Would cuss words even exist if some people didn't get all pissed off or offended when they heard them? I watched that stupid documentary about the F-Word here awhile back and it was marginally enjoyable but it left a few questions unanswered. Do cusses cause amniotic fluid to be 7% tears (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08052002)?

It seems to me that cusses are almost necessary in society. If there are good words like "sleek" and "Camaro" then there just need to be bad words like "moist" and "Rumsfeld." We got to have them taboos by golly or else we might not ever know if we're doing anything right or not.

I wonder if dolphins have cuss words.

There is a Youtube clip of Jay and Silent Bob Strike back with all but the f-words cut out that is better than the actual movie.

**EDIT: 1,111 posts! w00t!
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2007, 03:11:40 pm
J-Ro seems like a great guy, and very funny. All my interactions with him on the old boards were very cherrful and positive. He is also not prickly like some folks . . . and he likes good booze.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2007, 04:44:04 pm
Now I don't know if your original post had you calling me hoss or not. Damnable censor!
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Fooker on March 21, 2007, 11:11:15 pm
Jeffrey Rowland sent me stickers when I bought a t-shirt.

All the ladies are attracted to the manly Sheriff Pony sticker on my rear window.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2007, 11:14:45 pm
Jeff posted a picture to the old Dumbrella board that showed him with two beautiful women, sharing a bottle of Knob Creek (or Maker's, can't remember which) that I sent him. I wish I had saved a copy of that.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2007, 11:30:12 pm
I made fridge magnets for Jeff and he posted a picture of the magnets on his fridge. I not only saved the picture, but printed it out and put it on my fridge and posted a picture of it. (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/fridge.jpg)

I still feel it was one of my finest moments.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 21, 2007, 11:34:50 pm
Maker's man, you sent Maker's to people in those days.

I remember the J. Ro. pic and the one 'stad posted with a thanks as well. 'Stads photo effort was a little more boring though I think it involved Lyle, so OK, y'know.

I wouldn't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I might be happier buying booze for Lyle than for Chris in a way.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Formica on March 22, 2007, 03:58:33 pm
J. Ro has done at least one guest strip. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272003)
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2007, 05:08:01 pm
I made fridge magnets for Jeff and he posted a picture of the magnets on his fridge. I not only saved the picture, but printed it out and put it on my fridge and posted a picture of it. (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/fridge.jpg)

I still feel it was one of my finest moments.

Tastefully appointed fridge, Wombles!
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: linnea on March 22, 2007, 08:47:59 pm
Some douchebag Wiki editor who's drunk on his imaginary power (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BradBeattie/To_Do) deleted the Overcompensating wiki entry.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 22, 2007, 08:48:57 pm
i have no idea who this is, but he is from my state!!!
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: the gooseman on March 26, 2007, 12:49:45 am
I was way into Wigu back during 'day three' and i remember the picture that J.Ro posted with the chicks and the booze, and i remember the booze being labelled KNOBS CREEK. And everyone was all 'oh that is too much look at the size of his knobs creek no wonder there are two ladies etc'.

So there you have it.
But then again you sent the booze.
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: Nabubrush on March 26, 2007, 02:36:27 am
I remeber the one girl was acting like she was drinking it. She had the bottle upended, but it was obvious the cap was still on. Plus, whoever guzzles bourbon?
Title: Re: Jeff Rowland mentions Achewood
Post by: oball on March 26, 2007, 02:39:23 am
J. Ro has done at least one guest strip. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272003)

Also, this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12302003).