The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2007, 04:35:02 am

Title: weird Russian link
Post by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2007, 04:35:02 am
So, probably some of you folks have seen this (because I found it on MetaFilter), but I thought I would put it here because it was just really creepy to me:

What the kids in Russia get to play on. (http://englishrussia.com/?p=759)
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 22, 2007, 03:13:21 pm
About the third one down there's sort of a Teletubby-looking thing.  And I can tell you that what's written on its belly in Cyrillic is, in fact, "Po."  So they got that at least partway right.
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: jaydub on March 22, 2007, 05:10:33 pm
Harsh weather undoubtedly contributes, but there seems to be plenty of the Tragedy of the Commons evident in those pics.
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 22, 2007, 05:48:46 pm
Harsh weather undoubtedly contributes, but there seems to be plenty of the Tragedy of the Commons evident in those pics.

Can for the economics term.

Did you see the canned herring in the bottom of the page? What the hell is that?
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: chuanoplast on March 22, 2007, 06:04:48 pm
The creepy old man seems inappropriated for the park, especially with his legs so splayed.
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: jaydub on March 22, 2007, 08:42:10 pm
Did you see the canned herring in the bottom of the page? What the hell is that?

Apparently its what happens when you get salmon heads mixed in with your herring parts

(http://k53.pbase.com/u40/pogopens/upload/32562344.MyDocumentsMyPicturesTtemppTtemppforzipDsc02304Salmon10.jpg)

Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: V-Adore on March 22, 2007, 11:35:20 pm
I'll confess: I would have loved these playgrounds as a kid. Back when I had an overactive imagination, I pretty much pictured all my playgrounds as weird fantasy forests or strange post-apocalyptic societies or Ice Planet Alpha and such anyway, so this could only have helped.
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: linnea on March 23, 2007, 01:40:52 am
The image of Lucifer holding his **** in a box is priceless. He has a coy expression on his face.
Title: Re: weird Russian link
Post by: smick on March 23, 2007, 08:41:03 am
Quote from: Justin Timberlake
Russian playgrounds: a **** in a box.