The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on October 02, 2003, 12:55:31 pm
-
That poor audience. I know in some circles Carrot Top is refered to as He Who Must Not Be Named (or HWMNBN for short) but I can't imagine how bad Vegetable Brain must be for a whole act. Look how sad Lyle is!
And why is he still wearing his theifin' outfit? Where's the skull?
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10022003).
-
I love that the way to satirize Carrot Top is to make a joke that is not even close to funny (see Mr. Show's Blueberry Head: "It's a hat for a apple!").
Odds on Pat getting electrocuted again at this concert?
Phillipe is still in his Batman PJs too. maybe those are their anarchy uniforms?
-
Shooting doves is always cool.
-
I love that Phillipe is just happy to be there. Maybe he and Lyle will shake things up - I'd live to see Carrot Top JR violently whacked. His Bunny like teeth really annoy me - but then I haven't had much sleep lately.
-
I'm with PinkStainless. I bet you a dollar that Pat gets electrocuted on stage and beats the fuck out of Veg Head.
-
Mayhaps VH will use water for one of his "jokes" leaving a potentially deadly puddle on the stage.
When I saw the midget :) on the door it returned some of my hope for humanity. I was touched.
-
I'm with PinkStainless.
Actually I had to put a quarter in the Jeanne Dixon jar for my prediction. I never used to be the type to play "guess what happens next", but I've started doing it a lot recently. Must have something to do with being trapped under that ice and falling into that coma...
-
Lyle doesn't look sad to me so much as dismayed. Teodor's got his sad on if I've ever seen one.
-
i'm actually super-hyped about pat in concert, man. unless something goes wrong, this has to be awesome.
-
The winning gag for me is just the survey of expressions: Lyle dismayed, Beef obviously bored to tears, Teodor disappointed... and then sweet little Philippe having the time of his life.
Were I a predicting-type person, I would bet on the re-un-niceifying of Pat. Violence against a pseudo-Top is only the icing on the cake.
-
I think together you have hit it on the head. Maybe it'll go down like this. Lyle can't take it anymore and rushes the stage to deal with Veg brain, who wets himself. Nice Pat stands in the puddle, touches the mike, gets blasted and reverts to The Pat We Know and Love. He attempts to beat Ray with the guitar. Roast Beef steps in and someone better call Dr Andretti and prep another AIBO. Or straighten out a paper clip.
Or something.
-
I dunno, it seems like sometimes the more we try to predict the shorter/more tangential the storyline. Remember looking for Santa? The giant condoms? Ray's soul? Subway wars?
-
He's right, you know.
I thought of that when I wrote it, along with the memories of these horrible threads where people complained because other people 'suggested' strips (I'm not suggesting here, for the record, I'm supposing...)
I kind of hope I didn't jinx this one, cause I Like it....apologies in advance if this storyline is truncated on my account....
I feel like Roast Beef at the party.
-
Well, to be fair, Subway Wars wasn't truncated that much -- it came to a fairly natural conclusion, IMHO. But yeah, the giant-condoms storyline (unless it gets picked up with Beef's next death) and the Santa Claus storyline met a sad, sad end.
If the blood is on our hands, I will cry.
:cry: <-- Like this.
-
Maybe the point of the truncated storyline is to allow you to play them out in your own head. I kinda like the feeling of unfinished business they create.
-
warning, this logic spirals into oblivion:
I now understand that basis behind the decision to remove the official messageboard from contact with the creative process. Essentially, Achewood is funny in a way that is basic and direct. analyze it, and it becomes unfunny. As augustwest said, the truncated storylines are pleasing, but why this is true is an enigma. of course this post is highly analytical and therefore the epitome of hypocracy. Also I am drunk.
-
I wasn't claiming that Onstad was cutting the stories off just because we were predicting, although if he did that once I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's more just Achewoods imitable style. He gets us all caught up in once story, or one aspect of a story, then boom, there's a whole new direction. Sometimes the old story line comes back later (Molly, Ray's fame/money) sometimes not. It's part of the fun of the strip.
-
-
Paul, I find your new avatar disturbing. So much so that I'm contemplating deleting all of your posts and anyone's mention of you.
-
That avatar is kind of...well....um....
It looks like...
geez....
Paul, is that someone's er, bunghole? It looks kind of like one. Which would be a weird avatar. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything.
Er....well...
I'd best be leaving.
-
I feel vaguely spiritually assaulted after looking at that avatar. If it's not an... er, bunghole, then what the heck is it? And why is it replacing a formerly decent avatar?
Anyway, I predict Nice Pat whacking Veg Brain over the head with his guitar, all El Kabong style. So let it be written, so let it be done.
-
I'm contemplating deleting all of your posts and anyone's mention of you.
Really, 'cos that would sure save me a lot of work.
-
Did something happen behind the scenes here? I'm saddened. The parson has yet to bing his buggy around to tell me to start Shunning Paul, though. So what gives?
-
I don't know - I was out all day. I guess Paul removed his avatar himself, unless JLD did.
Self-censorship is better because it means less work for me.
Remember, when it comes to admining a board I will do whatever is easiest on me. So typing something like "DELETE FROM posts WHERE user='pmcd9';" is very very simple.
Adding a censor is also easy. Having to police things is hard.
It is much easier to just block an IP address and be done with it.
-
I didn't do it. I guess Paul did. What gives?
-
I missed all of this and now I'm curious as to what exactly I missed. I want to see the avatar. Also, what did the quasi-deleted post say?
-
Yeah, me too. Of all days not to be hanging around like 16 year olds at the Kwik-E Mart. Damn!
-
The avatar looked like a puckered asshole to me.
I don't remember what his post said - nothing inflamatory or anything like that - I think he just deleted his own post in protest.
You can't expect to put up a bunghole avatar without someone saying something about it. Not when you're replacing a creepy eye to do it.
-
What, you're the only one whose avatar can look like an asshole?
KIDDING!!! Hey, I kid because I love, babe!
-
I was too confused to even mention. Thought I'd just let it play out in it's own sordid little fashion and see what became...
Now however I'm just intrigued as to whether it was or not. I mean, maybe it was one of those bent elbow type things that looks like cleavage!?