The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Muse_Of_Fire on March 27, 2007, 05:24:51 am
-
When I joined, I assumed there would be hazing. However everyone seemed to be kind and welcoming and pleasantly oddballish. However recently I think The Hazing has begun. It is very clever, this Hazing. I do not understand it.
Every time, or almost every time, I open the forum and begin replying to a thread, if I hit the enter key to do a return down to the next line, Firefox crashes, and my computer starts to download iTunes.Setup. I now have downloaded 4 iTunes setup programs. This is very strange because the download seems to start automatically but it is unnecessary because I already have had iTunes installed for almost two years.
When I re-open Firefox, I'm prompted to "Restore Session" and when I do, I am taken right back to the TOUAMB forum, and my reply window, with most of my composed reply intact.
If this is The Hazing, it's quite clever. If not... What the HELL, people?! Any ideas? It was cute at first but now is irritating, first-class.
Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.
-
When I re-open Firefox, I'm prompted to "Restore Session" and when I do...
Stop doing that. "Restore session" has a tendency to get weird on occasion and start remembering (and never forgetting) things you did eons ago, especially if it involves a download. For a while, Firefox kept trying to redownload an 11-month-old news podcast every time I launched it. (I was annoyed, because the show really wasn't getting any better with age.)
I can't guarantee this will work, but hey, it's a start.
-
Thank you! :)
-
Thank you! :)
I believe the proper response is "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?"