The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Drygioni on March 28, 2007, 04:29:36 pm

Title: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: Drygioni on March 28, 2007, 04:29:36 pm
While you're an occasional (but valued) poster, your grasp of such diverse topics as Jewish kosher laws and superhero comics continues to astound and shame the vast majority of us in the general knowledge stakes. May you continue to plough those rich furrows of wisdom and enlighten us for many years to come.

Happy Birthday, mate!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2007, 04:35:41 pm
happy birthday!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASHRUT QUIZ: if I stab a cow in the udder, which knife do I use, and which sink do I wash it in?

...the answer I've been given so far is "Get out of my house. Do that at your house, Daniel."

you rarely post lately it seems, but your intelligence and awesome-ity is quite evident.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2007, 05:06:20 pm
Happy birthday.

Terry calling you "Mr. Ben" makes me think of that one track on "Reinhold Messner" where it is a phone message from Mr. Folds' dad, set to music... I love that track because my dad leaves me similarly awesome rambling half-asleep phone messages.

"Hey Mike... I was just thinking... if I won the lotto, would you and your brother come home? Like, could you get your girlfriend to move back out and teach out here? If I won the lotto, I'd wanna start an AM station and I'd want you and Dan to come help me run it... we could run Air America shows and Mets games and weird local stuff and... do you think the FCC would catch me if I did some weird shit to enhance propagation? The dolomite in the hills, you see..."

And then he rambles off into deeply technical radio engineering stuff that I barely understand.

My dad is awesome.

And so are birthdays. Happy birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: smick on March 28, 2007, 06:15:25 pm
Happy Birthday Ben,

I saw you post recently in Scans_Daily.

I enjoyed it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: slink on March 28, 2007, 06:39:02 pm
(dons Marilyn Monroe dress and wig, puckers up)

Now I made it a disturbing birthday? Huuuuh? Huuuuuuuuuuuuuh?

Glad I could help...


I never know what to say that's fresh...
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: V-Adore on March 28, 2007, 06:52:35 pm
Terry calling you "Mr. Ben" makes me think of that one track on "Reinhold Messner" where it is a phone message from Mr. Folds' dad, set to music... I love that track because my dad leaves me similarly awesome rambling half-asleep phone messages.

"Hey Mike... I was just thinking... if I won the lotto, would you and your brother come home? Like, could you get your girlfriend to move back out and teach out here? If I won the lotto, I'd wanna start an AM station and I'd want you and Dan to come help me run it... we could run Air America shows and Mets games and weird local stuff and... do you think the FCC would catch me if I did some weird shit to enhance propagation? The dolomite in the hills, you see..."

I have these conversations with my mother, except in person: "So what are your plans for the day? Are you going to clean out those boxes? You'll probably need a filing cabinet... I was thinking about that, the filing cabinet, and I'm sure we could get you one..."

("Mom, I will let you know in the extremely unlikely event I need a filing cabinet.")

"Oh. Okay. By the way, can babies be born with cancer?"

("I'll look it up, Mom.")

"Okay, thanks."

... anyway, happy birthday, Ben. You are rad. You are a rad friend.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: AugustWest on March 28, 2007, 07:02:58 pm
Zoinks!  Happy Birthday, Dude.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2007, 07:40:55 pm
Happy Birthday Ben.

I was just about to suggest that were getting a lady to come by later and smush a cake with her buttom, but since were all breast men now I guess that's passe.  Can you smush a cake with titties or are we too classy for that now?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: smick on March 28, 2007, 07:46:52 pm
If you all are too high minded for that, please direct all cake smashing breasts to me.

I'll take care of them for you.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2007, 12:46:34 am
You know it doesn't make much sense
There ought to be a law against
Anyone who takes offense
At a day in your celebration
‘Cause we all know in our minds
That there ought to be a time
That we can set aside
To show just how much we love you
And I'm sure you would agree
It couldn't fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party on the day you came to be!

If that's too much, there's always:

Happy fuck*ng birthday, you're not special.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2007, 01:14:35 am

I saw you post recently in Scans_Daily.


Oh, so that explains it.  You've been seeing other messageboards.

Well, happy birthday anyway. Don't worry about us. *sniff*
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: linnea on March 29, 2007, 02:07:04 am
Happy birthday! I have nothing sassy or clever to say, but I hope that you have lots of fun.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: iron_felix on March 29, 2007, 06:52:02 am
Yeah, what she said.

Happy Birthday, dude.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: Doc on March 29, 2007, 07:25:36 am
Happy birthday dude, remember to drop in on us sometime when you're not running the jewish conspiracy.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: Ben-San on March 29, 2007, 07:37:12 pm
Oh, uh, thanks.

I've actually been checking the MB at least daily if not more, but I am not a high-volume poster. The thing is that I haven't been checking all the subforums (including this one) because I went out of town for a week earlier in the month and I got into that weird paranoid place where New Topics just build up and I don't even want to look at it. So, sorry for responding late on this.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Mr Ben (San)
Post by: jough on March 30, 2007, 12:50:55 pm
Happy birthday, Ben.