The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Toaster on March 28, 2007, 10:59:57 pm

Title: Character Analogues
Post by: Toaster on March 28, 2007, 10:59:57 pm
I don't know how many of you watch the show Prison Break, but if you do, then you will hopefully agree with this revelation I had some minutes ago:

Nice Pete = T-Bag.

Both men are from the South, have had tragic childhoods, are quite intelligent and verbose, are serial killers and sex criminals, and actually want to be your friend at first, and will only kill you if you piss them off. I just noticed this.
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2007, 01:37:42 am
For me, I only watch sports on TV. However, I will certainly take your word for it. Who are the analogs on The Wire?
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: Toaster on March 29, 2007, 02:25:10 am
I have never seen The Wire. Perhaps someone else can answer that.
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2007, 02:30:24 am
My brain threatens to explode trying to consider both of those works simultaneously.

Have I lately name-dropped that my dogs sometimes play with those of George Pelecanos who writes for The Wire?
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2007, 02:32:28 am
My brain threatens to explode trying to consider both of those works simultaneously.

Have I lately name-dropped that my dogs sometimes play with those of George Pelecanos who writes for The Wire?

Is that the guy you were stalking way back when?
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2007, 02:35:51 am
Yes. Well, his dog mostly. But it's not like we have a lot of celebrities in town - there's really no one else to stalk, you know?
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2007, 02:45:07 am
Yes. Well, his dog mostly. But it's not like we have a lot of celebrities in town - there's really no one else to stalk, you know?

Dude, but now you're in!
Title: Re: Character Analogues
Post by: jough on March 30, 2007, 12:50:32 pm
I watch Veronica Mars (the hell fuck you, it's good), Lost (mostly out of momentum), and 24 (still the most DRAMATIC, MOTHERFUCKER, DAMMIT! show on television).  Are you talking about any of those shows?