The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: smick on March 29, 2007, 04:49:28 pm

Title: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: smick on March 29, 2007, 04:49:28 pm
But at 21, you're still young and your outlook is hopeful!  Happy Birthday.

May you have a Steve Party of your own.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 29, 2007, 07:20:10 pm
Rumjay, an old Tuscan birthday blessing that I just made up:

May reality always be someone else's problem.

Happy happy.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 29, 2007, 07:29:47 pm
Happy Birthday lovely Hollins lady!

I cant remember if it was Holllins for Wed or Hollins for.... the poem eludes me.

I turned 21 roughly at the same time the superbowl ended. I went to a bar within walking distance proclaimed it was my birthday and ordered "the most expensive drink available" and continued to drink Blue Label until I was unable to walk. A group of men sitting a table saw this happening and covered my tab. I never went back to that bar and I've never had Blue Label since. That shit costs.

I have absolutely no doubt your birthday will go better than mine.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: theinevitable on March 29, 2007, 07:32:40 pm
RMJ, we are facebook friends. This implies a level of friendship which I am not OK disclosing in such a public forum as this.

A-CAP--
dude.
somehow, I feel like that is a stereotype of what you would do on your 21st birthday.

that, the dave-matthews-blowjob, and the frat-background-check... make me think you are putting us on.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 29, 2007, 07:35:55 pm
RMJ, we are facebook friends. This implies a level of friendship which I am not OK disclosing in such a public forum as this.

A-CAP--
dude.
somehow, I feel like that is a stereotype of what you would do on your 21st birthday.

that, the dave-matthews-blowjob, and the frat-background-check... make me think you are putting us on.

I am very real. All too real.
Edit: Upon reflection, I can imagine the scene in your mind where some white guy in a hoodie is sitting a frat house with a beer in his hand saying something to the extent of "yea, dude, Dave was groovin on that "life is sweet but certain" song and she was totally rockin it on my cock". And then high fives. Sir, I assure you entirely that nothing resembling this scene has occurred in my life and that I was in the box at a dave concert because her mom had some connection. The post was in fact a joke to the extent of "this is the best thing that has happened to me at a concert" surrounded by stories of epic proportions.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: CortJstr on March 29, 2007, 07:40:33 pm
Rumjay, an old Tuscan Ankh-Morporkian birthday blessing that I just made up:

May reality always be someone else's problem.

Happy happy.

Fixed that for you.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: AugustWest on March 29, 2007, 07:41:09 pm
Happy Birthday, Noob.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2007, 08:40:22 pm
Happy birthday and many happy returns on the day (or of the day). Say hi to Bill for me, would you?
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: linnea on March 29, 2007, 08:53:12 pm
happy birthday!!!

When I turned 21 my mother told me, "Welp, Rosalyn, you're going to be 30 before you know it".

Enjoy this birthday.

**EDIT: If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn, you get shot. It's ROSE-ah-lynn, and only my moms gets to call me that. Everyone else calls me Somebody nice.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: Teatime on March 29, 2007, 09:23:32 pm
Happy birthday, august personage! May your return to lucidity be as painless as possible.

EDIT: These are slanderous quotations, lfm.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 29, 2007, 09:27:32 pm
Quote from: Teatime
Happy birthday, sir! May your return to lucidity be as painless as possible.

...Rumjay is a lady.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: V-Adore on March 29, 2007, 09:37:19 pm
May the candles on your cake burn like cities in your wake.

On the subject of 21st-birthday celebrations: this reminds me of when a friend of mine turned 21 and we decided to grab him at midnight and whisk him off to the pub. We all gathered into the ceremonial Large Group of Well-Wishers, knocked on his door... waited a minute... knocked again... and finally yelled "surprise!" at him, looking muzzy-headed and in pajamas. It went down something like this:

"What are you guys doing?"

"Happy 21, man! We're taking you to the pub!"

"Uh... I just got to sleep. And I have to go to work in the morning..."

"... oh. Well... okay."

You couldn't have written a more perfect anticlimax. I blame the fact that this dude had been drinking since freshman year or possibly before, meaning that the pub actually wasn't any more exciting or rewarding than getting a decent night's sleep before work.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2007, 09:51:50 pm
If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn...

How crass, It's Rose a lynn of course.  My Grandmother was named Rosabelle.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: Alternate on March 29, 2007, 10:00:35 pm
Happy birthday, Rumjay Numbers.  Party hard for me, in whatever manner suits you. 
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: jaydub on March 29, 2007, 10:18:46 pm
**EDIT: If anyone calls me Rozzz-lynn, you get shot. It's ROSE-ah-lynn, and only my moms gets to call me that. Everyone else calls me Somebody nice.

I guess Rozz is right out?

Now I've got images of a bee-hive hairdo'd waitress in my head.  I assume this has to do with 1980's television, although I don't recall which show.

Somebody nice, one the other hand, is a lovely name.  Riveting, in fact.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: CortJstr on March 29, 2007, 10:19:50 pm
I guess Rozz is right out?

Now I've got images of a bee-hive hairdo'd waitress in my head.  I assume this has to do with 1980's television, although I don't recall which show.

Somebody nice, one the other hand, is a lovely name.  Riveting, in fact.


I'm picturing Ros from Night Court. All wearing two different earrings and neon socks. Plus kicking ass.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: chuanoplast on March 30, 2007, 04:55:28 am
Happy Birthdya RumJay*****. Don't eat too much ice cream and cake.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: iron_felix on April 02, 2007, 07:57:07 am
I guess Rozz is right out?

Now I've got images of a bee-hive hairdo'd waitress in my head.  I assume this has to do with 1980's television, although I don't recall which show.

Somebody nice, one the other hand, is a lovely name.  Riveting, in fact.


I'm picturing Ros from Night Court. All wearing two different earrings and neon socks. Plus kicking ass.

I'm picturing Calvin's babysitter, which is cool enough for me to regret not being able to call Linnea this.  Oh, well.

Happy belated birthday, Rumjay!  Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I had a real-life birthday to attend that put me completely out of commission for the weekend.  I hope your event was equally enjoyable, and your recovery faster.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: linnea on April 02, 2007, 02:47:10 pm
I'm picturing Ros from Night Court. All wearing two different earrings and neon socks. Plus kicking ass.


I'm picturing Calvin's babysitter, which is cool enough for me to regret not being able to call Linnea this.  Oh, well.

Happy belated birthday, Rumjay!  Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I had a real-life birthday to attend that put me completely out of commission for the weekend.  I hope your event was equally enjoyable, and your recovery faster.

Heh... I remember being a little kid, and my dad calling me in from playing in the backyard the day that strip ran. "ROSALYN! You gotta come look at this! Calvin's babysitter has your name!!!" and I was giggling uncontrollably. She's blonde, though, so it seemed totally wrong for her to have that name. I think Calvin flippantly calls her Roz just to piss her off.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 02, 2007, 04:14:53 pm
AHHHHHH I can't believe I JUST found this thread! I've been drinking too much to check up on anything other than the daily threads/my updated threads!

Thank you for the well-wishes, Internet Friends! What an awesome board this is.

For those interested (and just to prove I wasn't too drunk to remember what happened) here are the drinks I had:

Appletini (at midnight)
Guinness Draft (at midnight)
Bongwater (DELICIOUS)
Chocolate Cake
White Russian
Girl Scout Cookie
Almond Joy
Chocolate-tini
Too Drunk To Fuck

A good time was had by all.

Thank you folks! And apologies for my belatedness in checking up on this.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: pmcd9 on April 02, 2007, 06:56:44 pm
You probably had sex with a $600 vacuum.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 03, 2007, 05:54:50 pm
You probably had sex with a $600 vacuum.

I don't think so. Unless by "sex" you mean "vomit into" and by "$600 vacuum" you mean "downstairs handicapped toliet at Roanoke College." In which case, yes I did. And I didn't get any in my hair or my clothes.

But I think I've missed your point completely. I frequently do.
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2007, 07:44:07 pm
I read "downstairs handicapped" and prepared myself for terror. Thank god the next word was "toilet!"
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: pmcd9 on April 04, 2007, 12:27:50 am
But I think I've missed your point completely. I frequently do.

Just me?
Title: Re: RMJ12345: The Cold Inky Darkness Seeps Closer...
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 04, 2007, 01:16:18 am
Just me?

Excellent point. I frequently miss everyone's point.