The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: linnea on April 02, 2007, 12:41:04 am

Title: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: linnea on April 02, 2007, 12:41:04 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04022007

hehe...extortion, Ray-style.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: jaydub on April 02, 2007, 12:58:48 am
The ring of truth permeates the conversation.
Verisimilitude.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: theinevitable on April 02, 2007, 01:04:05 am
this seems somehow like a pretty un-Ray way to do this.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: Nabubrush on April 02, 2007, 01:11:06 am
This is all sort of scrambled. I liked the fag porn better.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: Alternate on April 02, 2007, 01:36:50 am
Agreed, inev.  Ray already has a seemingly infallible system for Getting Things Done, and that system doesn't involve extortion.  So I don't know what's up with this. 

Maybe Ray is changing.  Change can be good, at times.  Is this one of those times?  It remains to be seen. 
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: dejavroom on April 02, 2007, 01:50:08 am
I laughed at each panel, hard. "Maybe photoshop disagrees", the *sass*... And the thread title should have been "Look. Fuck Off."
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: Nabubrush on April 02, 2007, 01:54:01 am
(T)he thread title should have been "Look. Fuck Off."

Absolutely agreed.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 02, 2007, 02:58:17 am
Quote
This is all sort of scrambled. I liked the fag porn better.

That was my rxn as well.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 02, 2007, 03:03:57 am
I just really love that goddamn drawing of Le Cowell.

It captures his subtle jowliness perfectly.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: Nabubrush on April 02, 2007, 03:18:21 am
I just really love that goddamn drawing of Le Cowell.

It captures his subtle jowliness perfectly.

The drawing of Cowell was shitty, knowing what it should have looked like was shittier.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: V-Adore on April 02, 2007, 03:23:20 am
So, wait, are we en route to Ray crashing through walls and critiquing gay-porn technique?

The potential of this strip is much funnier than the strip, really.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: Nabubrush on April 02, 2007, 03:27:53 am
So, wait, are we en route to Ray crashing through walls and critiquing gay-porn technique?

The potential of this strip is much funnier than the strip, really.

Word. I don't want to actually see Ray as the Kool-Aid man.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 02, 2007, 03:41:17 am
So, wait, are we en route to Ray crashing through walls and critiquing gay-porn technique?

The potential of this strip is much funnier than the strip, really.

In an effing fake British accent.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen
Post by: MattFish on April 02, 2007, 04:11:49 am
Are we going to see Rod Huggins again?!?!
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 02, 2007, 05:35:33 am
Soooo basically we had this strip about cat cock douches. Then Onstad said "whoad, ive done the cat cock thing before, I dont like where this heading" and gave a short min-arc on rude tits. Immediately following, the dude says "fuck--it-all heres a super arc about gay cat porn"
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: theinevitable on April 02, 2007, 06:18:08 am
changing the thread title? are we doing this now?
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: iron_felix on April 02, 2007, 06:56:06 am
It looks like Ray got the 1950s switchboard operator to put him through to one of those ear-mounted headsets.  Past and future collide.

This strip is a total cop-out to get around the continuity issues raised on Friday.  Also, Simon Cowell looks like he is wearing clown makeup.  On the other hand, the moment's respite from gay talking-cat porn made me realize that I am starting to grow tired of this arc.  There aren't any obvious directions for this to go that we haven't already basically seen before.  Something wacky (and/or really disturbing) need to happen fast.

For a brief moment while reading the last panel, I thought Ray was planning to up the ante for Simon by assembling a real Nazi punk outfit on his label and launching a fake Grenchmen Reunion Tour.  I guess my mind just happens to be in that place right now, though.  I was listening to Sticky Fingers in the car a couple days ago when I realized how much I want to hear Prussian Blue cover "Brown Sugar," and that concept has been stuck in my head ever since.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: Charles Nelson Mandela on April 02, 2007, 09:18:02 am
Something wacky (and/or really disturbing) need to happen fast.

Well, we never did see whether or not Ray is actually up to the challenge (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272007) ... He implied he was going to try, but the next thing we knew he was just chillin'.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: Bimmicus on April 02, 2007, 09:20:55 am
I think the thread title should have been "Who needs Simon Le Cowell?!" Because that's a good fuck*ng question, really.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: dejavroom on April 02, 2007, 12:14:20 pm
This strip is a total cop-out to get around the continuity issues raised on Friday.  Also, Simon Cowell looks like he is wearing clown makeup.  On the other hand, the moment's respite from gay talking-cat porn made me realize that I am starting to grow tired of this arc.  There aren't any obvious directions for this to go that we haven't already basically seen before.  Something wacky (and/or really disturbing) need to happen fast.

This is some bitchin' bitchy-bitch bitchin'. Fuck*ng wait for the free entertainment.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: iron_felix on April 02, 2007, 12:40:46 pm
This is some bitchin' bitchy-bitch bitchin'. Fuck*ng wait for the free entertainment.

There is always a price for reading Achewood. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002)

...but yeah, point taken.  It'll probably read better in the archives; it always does.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: Doc on April 02, 2007, 01:17:10 pm
It'll probably read better in the archives

It's been a while since that meme got trotted out. I missed it.
Title: Re: April 2nd, 2007: The Grenchmen / "Look. Fuck off."
Post by: hammish on April 02, 2007, 10:10:26 pm
On the other hand, the moment's respite from gay talking-cat porn made me realize that I am starting to grow tired of this arc.  There aren't any obvious directions for this to go that we haven't already basically seen before.  Something wacky (and/or really disturbing) need to happen fast.

Obvious directions for this to go are for Sluggy Freelance. There. I said it.