The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jaydub on April 05, 2007, 08:22:45 pm

Title: Quiet board
Post by: jaydub on April 05, 2007, 08:22:45 pm
Is posting broken?

Since when do TOUAMBies let work get in the way of posting?
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: V-Adore on April 05, 2007, 08:24:41 pm
I think the threat of cat junk has made people very, very quiet.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: wombat on April 05, 2007, 08:38:18 pm
I was just thinking of posting a thread about the same thing although I would likely have been much more whiny about it.

I have noticed that traffic around here is very light this week, like half the people in town are staying home with the kids for spring break.  But if that were true universally, wouldn't staying home give people more time to post, not less?

And I am very afraid of the cat junk, but, come on people, that just makes me want more posts in the OTHER categories to distract me...
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: slink on April 05, 2007, 08:43:47 pm
I've been, paradoxically, quiet as I've had less work on this week (hit a lull after the stress of deadlines and such), and now my brother's visiting... Nowt exciting to speak of anyway...
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 05, 2007, 08:48:21 pm
I blame the over extended arc about gay cat porn.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 05, 2007, 10:24:53 pm
I just figured it was people distracted by the whole Holy Week/Passover/Spring Break thing.

Either working hard to get to a long weekend or... distracted by awesome things that are afk.

(I am told that "afk" is what the cool kids call "away from keyboard".)
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: wombat on April 05, 2007, 10:32:35 pm
I don't really celebrate any of those holidays.  Well, except that I am eating a chocolate rabbit right now.  I can't even complain about being distracted by the loudly amplified crucifixion scenes that have been taking place at the church around the corner in the evening, since now it's gotten to cold to leave the windows open.

So, anyway, for me it's like any other week of not being able to find a good book to read so I am desperately refreshing the board and looking for anything to read on the internet.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: wombat on April 05, 2007, 11:09:07 pm
I did like the seagull story. I would like to do that sometime. I'll have to remember to take some giraffe guts to the beach at least.

I almost took a boat out of Long Beach once. It was supposed to be a tour of the port, but we missed the last one of the day. And later I heard that they'd discontinued them for security reasons. I guess they thought terrorists might take the boat tour to figure out where to plant bombs.  Now my google-fu tells me that they have started them up again, but only three times a month with advance reservations. It doesn't actually say they are going to do background checks...
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: iron_felix on April 06, 2007, 12:51:45 am
There have actually been a surprising number of people on the boards in the last day or so, given how few new posts there have been.  Or is that normal, and I'm only now paying attention because there's nothing new to read?

I have nothing to say about the giraffe.  I am still getting the hang of green circle seafood.

I just figured it was people distracted by the whole Holy Week/Passover/Spring Break thing.

Either working hard to get to a long weekend or... distracted by awesome things that are afk.

(I am told that "afk" is what the cool kids call "away from keyboard".)

I have been without a car for almost a week after taking a cab home from a party and then forgetting to go back and pick the car up, so I haven't really left my apartment since then except for such as taking out the trash.  I think I will walk over to my car today and drive it back; it's only about two miles away.  I just keep putting it off.  But basically what I am saying is that I have no excuse for not having posted more.

...and, yeah, AFK.  I'm pretty sure it's AFK.
Damn kids with their music.  ROTFL!
LOL in my room!  L@FF!

OMG G2G JEOMK



I knew I would lose a can for that, but it was worth it just to actually use "jeomk" on a discussion board on the internet.  Je ne regrette rien.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: theinevitable on April 06, 2007, 01:33:23 am
hm. Tuesday I was sick. Wednesday, I was better, and working all day on catching up. Now, I am sick again (!?) or with the same thing, and have a huge-ass latin test. Right now my grade in Latin is abysmal, so. Eugh. I just took a four hour nap, so I guess I'll be up for a while.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: side_show on April 06, 2007, 05:50:23 am
I was catching up from being away from the office last week on Monday and Tuesday, and participating in a cross-displinary artist conference Wednesday and Thursday.  Also, my body was so angry at me for failing yet again to fufill my biological imperative that I wanted to lie motionless in the fetal position at certain points.  Busy + Alternative Creative Outlets + Pain = not much to say.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: linnea on April 06, 2007, 06:14:29 am
Also, my body was so angry at me for failing yet again to fufill my biological imperative that I wanted to lie motionless in the fetal position at certain points.

heheheh... best euphemism ever. I love it! Tiny can.

Also, get yourself some of those stickable heat pads. Good stores will put them next to the Feminine Stuff. I have the Thermacare brand pads, and they are seriously worth their weight in gold. I have about 5 boxes on hand because I'm terrified to be without them.

They are thin pads that heat up when you unwrap them, and you just stick them to the inside of your clothes and they deliver gentle heat. I cannot stress how awesome this is because the heat acts directly on the pain receptors to stop the pain, and also relaxes your uterus so that the cramps ain't so bad.

A+++++, would amass a bunker full of Thermacare pads.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: pmcd9 on April 06, 2007, 01:42:37 pm
Somebody nice is packing heat.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
Wow, that makes it sound even better. I'm'a get me some of those things.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: side_show on April 06, 2007, 03:03:25 pm
Thanks L, those do sound good.  We have loads of those warming hand packs, and I could easily stash a few in my bag for rough times.  It was a one-two knock-out of throbbing headache and cramps that got me.  Mostly the headache.  Nothing releaves my PMS headaches.  I have basically resigned myself to having a headache for three days straight every month.  Usually it's a bareable situation, but this time it was a severe "my head's e'splodin!" feeling combined with knife stabs to my uterus.  Now I've got every joint in my body hurting like never before.  Don't know why it was so bad this time, I've been living the same life as usual.  The SO has started to talk about getting snipped, so hopefully some day I can get off the pill and let my natural body functions take over.  Then again, it's been years since I had a non-hormonally induce cycle, so I really have no idea if things will be better or worse without the pill.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2007, 03:33:59 pm
Not to be discouraging, but I am on the pill solely because my periods are intolerable without it. But your mileage may vary.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: theinevitable on April 06, 2007, 06:36:49 pm
damn, it feels good to be a gangsta man.

I am so sorry. I am so sorry that this happens to you.
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2007, 12:17:00 am
"my head's e'splodin!"

These periods!
Title: Re: Quiet board
Post by: linnea on April 07, 2007, 01:46:59 am
Not to be discouraging, but I am on the pill solely because my periods are intolerable without it. But your mileage may vary.

I have a terrible relationship with the pill. It makes my skin clear up, and it makes my periods more tolerable. However, it makes me gain weight. So what usually happens is, I get fed up with being chunkity and so I go off the pill. I lose weight, but then after a few months I get really sick of having bad skin and extremely painful periods, so I go back on the pill. The cycle begins anew.