The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: TheBoneOrchard on April 06, 2007, 09:47:48 am

Title: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: TheBoneOrchard on April 06, 2007, 09:47:48 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04062007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04062007)

Interesting how Rod covers himself up top when Ray busts in, much like he is "doing the ladies role".   
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Bimmicus on April 06, 2007, 10:34:56 am
Could this be love?
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: hound on April 06, 2007, 12:02:19 pm
this would have been so much more powerful if someone hadnt postulated and ruined it for everyone  8) ???
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2007, 12:18:19 pm
I have nothing to say about the strip, but I felt someone else had to post in this thread because that is such a totally freaky sequence of avatars.  Here is a nice furry animal for some relief.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 06, 2007, 03:04:41 pm
This sequence of strips could be called "What Are You Irrationally Afraid of?"

Ray is afraid of not being successful at everything. Phillipe is afraid of not understanding the adult world. Tedor is afraid of coming off as gay. Beef is afraid of everything. Pat is afraid of being discovered as a living being with a living being's needs, whether straight or gay or whatever.

And Rod is afraid of Al-Queda, for some reason.

If entire movies, such as "Blades of Glory", can be about the fear of coming off as gay then... it is good to know what kind of pointless fear rules the mind of a gay pornography star. Arab terrorism choosing to strike a cheap hotel somewhere in suburban Northern California, it seems.

Let alone the implications of there existing a talking-cat version of Al-Queda.

Trying to reconcile that with any radical militant interpretation of Islam scares me.

What would The Prophet say about a parallel world of talking cats?
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: side_show on April 06, 2007, 03:18:23 pm
I love how Huggins runs through the shower wall.  That any wall is an escape route for anything is just great.  It adds a certain bit of magical-possibility to the whole Acme hole thing being real.  Now, I know those holes aren't for real... but maybe... maybe a wall?  Yeah, it could work.  I'll try it next time I'm in a jam.  Certainly I won't look foolish as I slam into a wall and fall unconscious to the floor, leaving me prone to all sorts of horrible things.  No.  I will escape.  It's perfect.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 06, 2007, 03:45:36 pm
this would have been so much more powerful if someone hadnt postulated and ruined it for everyone  8) ???

But everyone thought that it would be Ray who came through the wall upon Pat.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 06, 2007, 03:52:08 pm
LIFE IMITATES ART (http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI43794/)

Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 06, 2007, 04:12:22 pm
Quote from: that newspaper link
[url=http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI43794/
LIFE IMITATES ART[/url]

"All of a sudden I heard a 'meow, meow' and I thought, 'Hold up,'" said Jalisa Eneias.

When officials arrived, they too heard the animal's cries. "We got a unit here and confirmed there was a cat inside the wall," said Brian Schafer of the Pompano Beach Fire Deptartment.

With hammers in hand, firefighters broke holes in the walls of Eneias' home and eventually captured a small gray kitten.

This is not the first time a cat has been found inside this home; just a month ago, Eneias says he found a kitten behind the same wall. This latest kitty makes two in just two months.

Jonas confirms he is not a cat-lover. "I don't like cats ..." But he says he could not just leave the animal in there: "Because they are living beings."

Animal control says the kitten did not appear to be hurt, just probably a little hungry.

this is an awesome story for many reasons. 1.) it involves triple quotation marks, which i dont think i have ever seen. 2.) I would hate cats, too if they caused firefighters to break my walls every other month. 3.) The author of the news piece speculates that the cat is hungry because it has been living in a wall.

In other news, Im so hungover Id rather not be alive, Also, I still refuse to read achewood until this gay cat porn crap is over.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Charles Nelson Mandela on April 06, 2007, 04:33:10 pm
Also, I still refuse to read achewood until this gay cat porn crap is over.

You may be waiting a long time. Don't you realize it's all about the

ROCK.

HARD.

CAT.

COCK?!?
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: theinevitable on April 06, 2007, 06:35:15 pm
we totally talked about Al-Qaeda in Arabic today. Huh.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2007, 07:11:16 pm
I just noticed that Ray's feel have little pads on the bottom, just like Hobbes's used to.

And Pat is apparently using both hands.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: V-Adore on April 06, 2007, 11:02:34 pm
And Pat is apparently using both hands.

C'mon, you know he would.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 06, 2007, 11:21:05 pm
C'mon, you know he would.

One hand needs to hold back the foreskin, Turtleneck Tom.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: side_show on April 06, 2007, 11:54:21 pm
One hand needs to hold back the foreskin, Turtleneck Tom.

... or services the sphincter.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2007, 12:29:56 am
I'm more worried that he's getting off while still wearing his fancy shirt and a vest.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: V-Adore on April 07, 2007, 12:32:49 am
I'm more worried that he's getting off while still wearing his fancy shirt and a vest.

Yeah, I also have concerns. Regardless of whatever precision j/o-ing might be happening down there, I do not expect that to end well.

(If he has to send the thing in for dry-cleaning, will it be in another nearby town? And will he spill wine or something on the shirt first to attempt to obscure the biological nature of his laundry problem? Will he just burn the shirt?)
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2007, 12:48:31 am
Probably just bury it beef-style.

That's assuming he supports the unscrupulous CRIMINALS at the local dry cleaners.
I'm sure he's got some 'Auny Luke's lentil alcohol chemical free' bestitute dry cleaning fluid at home.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: linnea on April 07, 2007, 01:26:49 am
Jesu, this thread is like a trainwreck.

I like to think that Pat is not engaged in Onanism while watching Braveheart, but perhaps he is preparing some sort of vegan entree in his motel room.

Also, given Pat's hatred of fat women (http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2005/03/why-do-fat-women-always-think-they.html), wouldn't that logically extend to fat men as well?

Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: side_show on April 07, 2007, 01:29:01 am
No, the level of shame Pat is displaying, I'm thinking incineration will be his method of incineration.

Story time?

Once upon a time, sexy times were had.  As is sometimes the case, sexy times lead to sheets in need of washing.  As the sheets were dark navy.. the evidence of sexy times was undeniable.  So sheets were stripped off of the bed, placed in the hamper for the next laundry opportunity, and forgotten about.

A short time later, for a reason I can't pin-point now, I went away, and my meddling mother, who had been given a key for cat-feeding purposes only, decided that while she was there she would do my laundry.  With my mom, this can be definitly read as a "you are a failure because you have dirty laundry" comment.  Now... this women is a controle freak, so we can all be certain that careful sorting of colours and darks occurred.  That evidence of sexy times were unavoidably seen.  

I came home from wherever I'd been to a neat pile of laundry, horrified to see the aforementioned sheet neatly folded on my dresser, and the other laundry neatly folded and placed on the hamper.   A clear, passive agressive statement in fabric:  "I know what you were doing.  I have seperated the sheet so that you know I know that you are filthy, and that I am superior for having cleaned if for you.

Also, my mother refused to return my key after that, which made me furious.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: wombat on April 07, 2007, 01:37:03 am

I like to think that Pat is not engaged in Onanism while watching Braveheart, but perhaps he is preparing some sort of vegan entree in his motel room.

Of course!  We can't see his hands. How do we know he's not chopping vegetables?
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2007, 01:41:08 am
chopping vegetables?
Extremely intensely.
And self consciously.

Then again he could just be viewing Rod Huggins bursting through his wall as some kind of gift from above.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: linnea on April 07, 2007, 01:54:39 am
No, the level of shame Pat is displaying, I'm thinking incineration will be his method of incineration.

Story time?

Once upon a time, sexy times were had.  As is sometimes the case, sexy times lead to sheets in need of washing.  As the sheets were dark navy.. the evidence of sexy times was undeniable.  So sheets were stripped off of the bed, placed in the hamper for the next laundry opportunity, and forgotten about.

A short time later, for a reason I can't pin-point now, I went away, and my meddling mother, who had been given a key for cat-feeding purposes only, decided that while she was there she would do my laundry.  With my mom, this can be definitly read as a "you are a failure because you have dirty laundry" comment.  Now... this women is a controle freak, so we can all be certain that careful sorting of colours and darks occurred.  That evidence of sexy times were unavoidably seen. 

I came home from wherever I'd been to a neat pile of laundry, horrified to see the aforementioned sheet neatly folded on my dresser, and the other laundry neatly folded and placed on the hamper.   A clear, passive agressive statement in fabric:  "I know what you were doing.  I have seperated the sheet so that you know I know that you are filthy, and that I am superior for having cleaned if for you.

Also, my mother refused to return my key after that, which made me furious.

That story totally made my skin crawl. That's so awful. I always try to get all the contraband hidden in a secure location whenever I leave town, along with the Good Scotch so that the housesitter doesn't drink it. My mom looked after my cats once or twice, but if she snooped through my shit she was at least stealthy about it.

Ew. I can't believe your mum invaded your privacy like that. Heinous.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: jaydub on April 07, 2007, 03:15:35 am
Does Rod have extra nipples on his belly, or is that water or something?  Cats have more than we do naturally, but I don't think I've seen that before in Achewood.

Boo on nosy, passive aggressive, self-righteous parents! (Assuming you're out of the house - and I know you were).  Well, always boo on passive aggressiveness.  That's a very annoying personality trait.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on April 07, 2007, 03:27:44 am
  I came home from wherever I'd been to a neat pile of laundry, horrified to see the aforementioned sheet neatly folded on my dresser, and the other laundry neatly folded and placed on the hamper.   A clear, passive agressive statement in fabric:  "I know what you were doing.  I have seperated the sheet so that you know I know that you are filthy, and that I am superior for having cleaned if for you.

My mother and cats do this on a daily basis. My mom will always make it clear that she knows what ive been doing by putting things where Id know she put them. My cats have a habit of seeking out condoms and parading them around the house.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: side_show on April 07, 2007, 03:31:10 am
My mother and cats do this on a daily basis. My mom will always make it clear that she knows what ive been doing by putting things where Id know she put them. My cats have a habit of seeking out condoms and parading them around the house.

Gah!  Oh that is horrible.  I breifly thought used condoms... but then I remembered that one of ours does this with unused ones and tampons in their packaging all the times.  She loves the crinkle.  And I'm sure your cat is totally proud of having found it, all showing off.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Charles Nelson Mandela on April 07, 2007, 03:45:30 am
A clear, passive agressive statement in fabric:  "I know what you were doing.  I have seperated the sheet so that you know I know that you are filthy, and that I am superior for having cleaned if for you.

Canned for the pure cringe factor, and for actually making me feel happy that I can't get laid.

Well, for about fifteen seconds or so, anyway.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: linnea on April 07, 2007, 04:54:44 am
My mother and cats do this on a daily basis. My mom will always make it clear that she knows what ive been doing by putting things where Id know she put them. My cats have a habit of seeking out condoms and parading them around the house.

Gah!  Oh that is horrible.  I breifly thought used condoms... but then I remembered that one of ours does this with unused ones and tampons in their packaging all the times.  She loves the crinkle.  And I'm sure your cat is totally proud of having found it, all showing off.

Hehehe... cats love to get you in trouble. When I was in high school, our cat Mitty giraffeed out my pack of smokes and left one chewed cigarette smack dab in the middle of the bed.

Actually...now that I think about it, my mom or dad probably saw the cat playing with it and put it on my bed where I'd be sure to find it. Mitty was also famous for getting tampons out of the box and leaving them all around the house.

Lennybruce (one of my cats) must be part raven because he loves to dig in the trash. Every time I unwrap a pad, Lenny comes RUNNING to get the plastic wrapper. I have to put them in the kitchen garbage can otherwise he'll giraffe them out of the bathroom trash can.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Drygioni on April 07, 2007, 10:16:45 am
My cats have a habit of seeking out condoms and parading them around the house.

See, I have that problem, but with younger siblings. First time, I'd accidentally left the box somewhere conspicuous, and my youngest brother just brought them to me and asked me what they were. No-one around, no problems really.

But I made the fatal mistake of telling him 'This is grown-up stuff. Don't ever open the box or look for them again.'

For the next two weeks, the bugger would search my room for them, empty the box and hide each individual packet around the house. Christ, did that take some explaining to the parents. Furthermore, I'm still missing about three, and they're not cheap.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2007, 10:19:44 am
I'd love to hear your families thought process when they started finding them. Maybe they assumed you just wanted to be ready at any possible moment, anywhere in the house.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: theinevitable on April 07, 2007, 06:11:22 pm
my mom made my dad buy me condoms when I went away to school. She thought I'd be afraid to buy them on my own and make a bad decision.

Not when I had my first girlfriend (which is when I actually needed them)
not when I had my second girlfriend (who I was still dating at the time-- but now she was 700 miles away)

my mom is weird.
This is the same woman who told me I wasn't allowed to have my girlfriend over if my parents weren't home, and wasn't allowed to close the door when my girlfriend was over.

The closest I have to anything like your stories is...
this one time my girlfriend was joking about how bad porn actresses are. And she began imitating their bad fake-orgasm sounds...
and then my mom got home.
So, I was home alone, my mom got home, and she may or may not have heard my girlfriend making really loud and obnoxious fake orgasm sounds.

I'm hoping she didn't hear, obviously.
Title: Re: April 6, 2007 - "Meanwhile"
Post by: theinevitable on April 09, 2007, 07:51:14 am
a few notes:

this is a fat dude's worse nightmare-- Al Queda.

Also: those are some flat-ass glasses. I want some of those, the thick-rimmy ones. I wanted some in like 7th grade, and now everyone has them!