The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on April 12, 2007, 08:26:50 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04122007
This is kind of cute. And is Rod still nude?
-
I guess we won't be playing much Twister.
YES.
YES.
-
A boor and a bore. They were made for each other.
-
This strip relies heavily on the gay man as nagging female replacement archetype.
-
This strip relies heavily on the gay man as nagging female replacement archetype.
Exactly.
That, plus the fact that Onstad used a homonym as the punchline, makes today's strip kind of a loser. :(
-
Unless he was structuring the whole thing to be a weird meta-pun on homonyms and homosexuals.
Y'know, sort of like the promotion for the new Nine Inch Nails album, making us do the work.
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04122007
This is kind of cute. And is Rod still nude?
He's probably wearing his towel Egyptian-style.
-
I see I lost a can of Pepper MD due to offering an adverse opinion to an Achewood strip.
Won't happen again. :-X
-
I like this one. It's always interesting seeing what happens once someone's ideals and principals come into conflict with their dick.
Also, rhubarb loins. RHUBARB LOINS.
-
Why oh why is he still naked
-
Rod suggests that Pat assuage his vegulon sensibilities by offering his hypothetical cow delicious meat products.
Unless he was structuring the whole thing to be a weird meta-pun on homonyms and homosexuals.
Homonyms the Gorilla is the less famous half of Homosexuals' circus act.
-
I've gotten the impression that consistency of clothing across persons is not a big thing in the Underground. Note that Rod Huggins has never been shown wearing *anything*, that Beef often wears a shirt and tie but no #####.
Granted there is something creepy about Rod's apparent nudity here that isn't present in other characters.. Maybe its the close proximity to his nudity-with-the-intent-to-have-maximum-cuddles.
-
They are cats and their c*ckes are retracted in their body, henceforth nakedness is okay. Besides, Rod's mounds of flab are probably pretty handy at concealing his merchandise.
-
The image of these two as a couple, trying to work desperately on each other's Problems, is kind of weirdly delightful, especially if Nice Pete gets involved in some hideous/hilarious way.
-
Rod suggests that Pat assuage his vegulon sensibilities by offering his hypothetical cow delicious meat products.
If this refers to the "brats", I'm pretty sure that's meant to be children. The gay porn cat is suggesting to the vegan cat that a dairy cow's plight approximates that of stereotypical lower-middle-class motherhood and anomie.
-
Both partners secretly believing the other to be a "project" who could only benefit from their respective loving/stern ministrations... well that's the corner stone of a stable relationship right there. Alas, if I had to call it, I'd say Rod and Pat are too similar in their defensive personality constructions to make it in the long view. Pat's over-the-top veneer of political correctness masks an ocean of insecurity ... Rod's thin layer of glib offensive patter covers... well I'm sure I don't know yet -- what happens when they pry each others tops off?
-
In a world where nudity is not just accepted, but practically the norm, Pat dresses up just to show that he's superior to everyone else at it.
-
One wonders what Nice Pete will make of Rod Huggins.
A rug?
-
If this refers to the "brats", I'm pretty sure that's meant to be children. The gay porn cat is suggesting to the vegan cat that a dairy cow's plight approximates that of stereotypical lower-middle-class motherhood and anomie.
Well damn, don't I feel stupid now. That does make a lot more sense (also note that Pat calls it a hopeless cow, not a helpless one), although I still like the image of feeding the cow bratwurst to alleviate its suffering.
That's probably a bad idea anyway though dogg I mean ain't that how mad cow got started
One wonders what Nice Pete will make of Rod Huggins.
A rug?
Pete might actually be down with this. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04032003) There is a complicated power dynamic in that house.
-
Pete might actually be down with this. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04032003) There is a complicated power dynamic in that house.
We know Pete is gay. But we also know that he's homicidally irritable over mundane things, and is probably very possessive of Pat. This can not end well if Pete decides Rod is encroaching.