The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on April 17, 2007, 04:12:06 am

Title: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 17, 2007, 04:12:06 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04172007

Achewood gets political?

Laughed for quite a while at the image of Bill Gates + Bush.

Weird end.

(Also: I would NEVER spank Bush on the butt.)
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 17, 2007, 04:29:15 am
Michael Jordan stealing the president's hat and then him and Steven Spielberg playing keep-away with it for a half an hour would be pretty damned rad.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: theinevitable on April 17, 2007, 04:30:26 am
the DELETE is my favorite part. I think.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: Lister on April 17, 2007, 04:47:07 am
I ain't wealthy, but hell.  I can put off buying a house a few more years.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: Alternate on April 17, 2007, 04:49:48 am
Roast Beef Kazenzakis:  He almost gets things done. 
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: mrchee on April 17, 2007, 05:03:01 am
Let me put it simply: Nobody likes the biggest kid on the playground. 
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: AugustWest on April 17, 2007, 05:05:56 am
Ray could and should make this happen.

I mean, isn't it obvious that as a kid Bill Gates was the victim of numerous "Whyareyouhittingyourself,stophittingyourselfs"?  And does anybody have the least bit of trouble believing that GWB was the kind of guy who took pleasure in inflicting WAYHYSHY's until at least his early 30s?  Who (given Gates type dollars?) would pass up such an opportunity for emotional fulfillment?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: V-Adore on April 17, 2007, 05:06:32 am
Never mind Bill Gates paying Bush to play "why are you hitting yourself?" Consider the revenue to be made from charging people 99 cents to download a video of this happening.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just solved America's national debt.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: theinevitable on April 17, 2007, 05:38:24 am
and then, they'd do another one with someone (Ray can decide?) doing the same thing to Bill Gates. I would buy that shit.

Basically I suddenly hate my computer so much, for no good reason, and I want to blame him for it.

My fantasy right now is that I will buy a Mac Mini over the summer. This is probably unlikely, but... maybe.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: ImpyChick on April 17, 2007, 05:44:25 am
This strip kinda made me laugh.  I actually wrote Bush a very strong worded letter a few years ago after he spoke in Topeka, KS on the anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education ruling.  He said that he was glad that discrimination was no longer a problem in America.  That pissed me off quite a bit.  Beef should've sent his letter.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: chuanoplast on April 17, 2007, 05:44:57 am
Maybe Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and George W. Bush could get into a sissy slap fight?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: iron_felix on April 17, 2007, 12:43:29 pm
This joke would be pretty "meh" in a newspaper strip, but Onstad puts a characteristic Achewood spin on it that at least makes it kind of novel.

Reminds me of this (http://www.bitstorm.org/gates/), as well as that old Dilbert where Dogbert writes a letter to Bill Clinton suggesting that he issue an executive order for everyone to march into the sea, and the few people smart enough not to listen can divide up everyone else's stuff.  Then he signed it "Ross Perot."  I don't think he threw his one away, though.

It would appear that the last few strips remain coated in a lingering residue of awkward sexual overtones left over from the Gay Cat Porn arc.  Although, come to think of it, that was kind of a thing anyway beforehand.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 17, 2007, 04:51:32 pm
This strip kinda made me laugh.  I actually wrote Bush a very strong worded letter a few years ago after he spoke in Topeka, KS on the anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education ruling.  He said that he was glad that discrimination was no longer a problem in America.  That pissed me off quite a bit.  Beef should've sent his letter.

Are you from Kansas?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: wombat on April 17, 2007, 05:01:11 pm
Never mind Bill Gates paying Bush to play "why are you hitting yourself?" Consider the revenue to be made from charging people 99 cents to download a video of this happening.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just solved America's national debt.

V FOR PRESIDENT!
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: ImpyChick on April 17, 2007, 08:27:07 pm
Are you from Kansas?

Indeed I am.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: side_show on April 17, 2007, 09:12:43 pm
There is no point in writing the president about anything.  Pretty good strip for a melancholy day.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 18, 2007, 02:56:10 am
Indeed I am.

ME TOO. I see that you're from KC - what part? I was born in Winchester and raised in Lawrence.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2007, 03:58:20 am
ME TOO. I see that you're from KC - what part? I was born in Winchester and raised in Lawrence.

Have you ever seen the Garden of Eden?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 18, 2007, 03:59:20 am
Have you ever seen the Garden of Eden?

No, why?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: jough on April 18, 2007, 04:16:54 am
I'm not sure I "get" the last panel.  He, um, got up from his chair.  Ha... ha?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 18, 2007, 04:28:31 am
I'm not sure I "get" the last panel.  He, um, got up from his chair.  Ha... ha?

Agreed.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: ImpyChick on April 18, 2007, 04:34:38 am
ME TOO. I see that you're from KC - what part? I was born in Winchester and raised in Lawrence.

Neat!  I was born in Hutchinson & now live in Overland Park.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2007, 05:17:47 am
I'm going to be in Kansas this summer.  Meet you in Salina in June.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 18, 2007, 02:57:14 pm
I'm going to be in Kansas this summer.  Meet you in Salina in June.

Unfortunately, I don't know the next time I'm going to be back in Kansas. My parents have moved to Boston and I'm staying in Virginia until graduation, then moving somewhere with my boyfriend and or going to grad school. Sad face.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: ImpyChick on April 18, 2007, 03:36:02 pm
I'm going to be in Kansas this summer.  Meet you in Salina in June.

I actually lived in Salina for a few years!  What takes you there?
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: jaydub on April 18, 2007, 04:22:09 pm
I think it's just a visual full-stop. (Period punctuation mark).  Beef deleted the impulsive email text and got up.  He did not rewrite or anything.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2007, 08:17:51 pm
I lived in Salina for a few years!  What takes you there?

Smoky Hill River Festival (http://www.riverfestival.com/2006/).
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: side_show on April 18, 2007, 08:44:37 pm
I think it's just a visual full-stop. (Period punctuation mark).  Beef deleted the impulsive email text and got up.  He did not rewrite or anything.

Yeah, he realized the message was so futile that not only did he have to delete it, but he had to get up and walk away.
Title: Re: April 17 2007 - Dear George Bush: As you know, everyone wants to spank you
Post by: ImpyChick on April 18, 2007, 09:16:33 pm
Smoky Hill River Festival (http://www.riverfestival.com/2006/).

Wow, does that ever take me back!!!  I loved going there as a kid.  Fun times!