The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on April 19, 2007, 06:14:33 am

Title: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: oball on April 19, 2007, 06:14:33 am
Because I just discover a bone in my #####! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192007)

I like these flowcharts.  I wonder who will be next?  Personally, I would like to see how Lie Bot's thought processes work.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Enkidu on April 19, 2007, 06:18:54 am
That is the correct thread title. 

I'm glad he put in the 3 ***** laws, but I'm still thinking the best of the flowcharts is Lyle's.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: V-Adore on April 19, 2007, 06:21:42 am
Man, Vlad obeys Asimov's Three Laws. Epic!
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 19, 2007, 06:25:26 am
We would've also accepted "is permanent mystery".
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Lister on April 19, 2007, 06:35:35 am
The density of thought is amazing.  Thinking in accented english must waste hella cycles.

For some reason, though, I now conceptualize Vlad's thoughts in the form of a red LED scroll... kind of like Fox News, only trying to make it with the ladies:

- - HIT THE SOLENOID, IS DOLLAR BEERS NIGHT - - YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA - - HEY BABY - MIND IF WE HIT IT ALL NIGHT? - - LET US FOR ONE MORE NIGHT SPIT IN THE FACE OF DEATH - - STOP HARMINK THE HUMAN - - HEY BABY - ARE YOU A BRONTOSAURUS? - - AGH, WHY EVEN I CALL LIE BOT - - YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA - -  
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Drygioni on April 19, 2007, 06:40:01 am
Wow Lister, heck of canning going on in your direction right now.

I've got to use that Brontosaurus line. More accurately, I've got to trick someone else into using the Brontosaurus line.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: theinevitable on April 19, 2007, 07:48:56 am
I just used it on my roommate.
he found it pretty... bad. I laughed uproariously at this.

maybe... are you an archaeologist?

"are you a Classicist? What do you say we go and conjugate?"
"Man, this girl last night was so into Latin... she started doing the 5th declension in bed!"

(the 5th declension is basically a bunch of repetitive sounds such as a lady might make while having sex? what do I know.)
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: oball on April 19, 2007, 09:56:07 am
For molecular biologists such as myself:

"I wish I were DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes!"
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: mrchee on April 19, 2007, 03:35:57 pm
I really want to see Nice Pete's decision making chart at some point. Not right now, but at some point.

Nice pete's decision process?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg)
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Omegatron on April 19, 2007, 04:49:25 pm
Nice pete's decision process?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg)

No.  Do not do that.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 19, 2007, 06:10:27 pm
Nice pete's decision process?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg)

Not rad.

ETA - Deleted my previous post on this because I decided that it was also not rad.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: wombat on April 19, 2007, 07:29:03 pm
I got up late this morning and took one look at this strip and realized I didn't have time to read it before leaving for work.  That is really value for money in one's free entertainment.

Also: one of my favorite alt-text ever.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: V-Adore on April 19, 2007, 08:31:47 pm
For molecular biologists such as myself:

"I wish I were DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes!"

I was once asked at a party, quite seriously, what my favorite enzyme was. (I was a little drunk and stammered out "uh... I like holdases?") This showed me the extremely questionable value of getting smashed with prospective Neuroscience graduate students.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Muse_Of_Fire on April 20, 2007, 01:37:09 am
Are you kidding me? I would so hit that! Any man talks nerdy to me, I'm doomed. Science is my aphrodesiac; engineering's not too far behind.

I enjoy the flowcharts...and reading Vlad's speech, hearing his accent in my head, makes me giggle no matter what he's saying.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 20, 2007, 01:58:58 am
There's this brilliant ESL student from Bosnia that I tutor (I work as a tutor in my school's writing center - anyone heard of Bruffee?), who learned English from television and only started really speaking it on a daily basis about eight months ago and has these fuck*ng genius ideas and turns of phrases. Whenever I talk to her, I always think of Vlad. This only makes her even more of my favorite.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Teatime on April 20, 2007, 04:24:19 am
I am never upset to see more Vlad. I think it would be wonderful to have a story arc centered around him.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: AugustWest on April 20, 2007, 05:23:54 am
I am never upset to see more Vlad. I think it would be wonderful to have a story arc centered around him.

I too am intrigued by Vlad.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: robot_god on April 20, 2007, 05:40:18 am
If you can look at The Tasty Dudes, Vlad and Utsheyev, for three seconds without laughing, you are positive for Parkinson's.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: chuanoplast on April 20, 2007, 05:46:56 am
I think Vlad's nipples are made out of little screws.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: Doc on April 20, 2007, 09:40:36 am
I love vlad. My only complaint is the re-use of the 'spit in the face of death' line.
But I love that line too, so I guess I'm not really complaining.
Title: Re: Hey, baby - are you a brontosaurus? - April 19, 2007
Post by: iron_felix on April 20, 2007, 04:37:40 pm
Vlad's chart is the opposite of Todd's in that all decision-making routines begin with the blackout box.  Also, Lie Bot is a dick.

You'd think Asimov's Third Law would get in the way of the whole "spitting into the face of death" thing a lot of the time.  That must be why he thinks it's so cheesy.  Poor Vlad.