The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Mite on October 05, 2003, 02:54:29 pm

Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: Mite on October 05, 2003, 02:54:29 pm
Even though I don't post much, I lurk here a lot, and I enjoy the community. I know there are a few of us here in Dixie (I'm in Atlanta), so perhaps we could have a little shindig some weekend? Ribs & beer with scintillating conversation? Just a thought.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jay-ell on October 05, 2003, 04:44:56 pm
I've been trying to get this to fly for months.  I'd love it.  I'm having a Halloween party on the 31st, y'all could come to that if you wanted to.  Then you guys and my real-life friends (both of them) could mutually freak each other out.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 05, 2003, 06:49:23 pm
If everyone wants to fly to Hawaii, you can take over my house.

Seriously.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: wombat on October 05, 2003, 11:55:29 pm
There was a fairly serious sounding threat of a gettogether in DC before the old board imploded, but it never happened.  Unless you all had a party without me...

I would still be up for it if any of you want to come, with the caveat that since I work weekends and I have to get to work at 6.30 am, I'm not much of a late night party animal.

I met some people from the Wigu board once and we didn't murder each other.  Or have sex. Just tacos. I guess not all those stories you hear about the Internet are true.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: Mite on October 06, 2003, 12:02:04 am
Sweet! What city are you in, jl?
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jay-ell on October 06, 2003, 12:57:37 am
Raleigh.  Five hours from DC, six from Atlanta.  See?  It's perfect!
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: slink on October 06, 2003, 01:17:42 am
Pffft. Five hours to spend a night with you losers Dear me.

OK, so I'm just being bitter to avoid the disappointment that comes from living thousands of miles from anybody I'd want to meet!
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: CortJstr on October 06, 2003, 02:19:34 am
But there's 3 of us in the immediate DC area so we should win.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jough on October 06, 2003, 03:05:44 am
I could be persuaded to hit D.C.  You know, with the promise of head, or something.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: Mite on October 06, 2003, 04:56:19 am
Rock! Shall we come in costume?

(Speaking of Rock - check to see when the Neal Pollack Invasion is hitting a city near you. They were worth going out on a school night.)
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 06, 2003, 06:22:25 am
Quote from: "slink"
Pffft. Five hours to spend a night with you losers Dear me.

OK, so I'm just being bitter to avoid the disappointment that comes from living thousands of miles from anybody I'd want to meet!


Well. Slink, I'll meet you halfway - London is about 3670 miles from DC and Honolulu is about 4835 miles. (we are 7239 miles apart or so). Since I've visited in the UK before, I'll host you. See you soon!
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: slink on October 06, 2003, 06:30:32 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Well. Slink, I'll meet you halfway - London is about 3670 miles from DC and Honolulu is about 4835 miles. (we are 7239 miles apart or so). Since I've visited in the UK before, I'll host you. See you soon!


Now add the several hours to get from where I am to London to get a flight to DC, or Honolulu!
Oh, plus the price of flights to anywhere but a choice few countries!
<rant>I hate the UK. Stupid island in the middle of nowhere with nothing to offer and a fascist totalitarian 'left-wing' government and typically backwards laws.</rant>
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 06, 2003, 06:39:36 am
Hawii is a lot closer to the middle of nowhere than the UK. But instead of totalitarian leftwingedness we have a weird cultural melange and ineffective governance that is only good at collecting taxes. The schools are the worst in the US, the police are wholly ineffective (how does a small ISLAND have the worst car theft rates in the US??)

BUT, we've got a lot of sun, beautiful people. warm water, cool breezes and enough alcohol to make everything else not matter. I think people actually put up with the stupidity and weirness because they are somehow stupefied into believing that the natural beauty of this banana republic is worth it.

They are idiots.

Come on out anyhow, this is a hell of a place to be if you don't have to live here.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jay-ell on October 06, 2003, 12:24:50 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
But there's 3 of us in the immediate DC area so we should win.


Well, perhaps.  But I'm already having a Halloween party, see? (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/jldunston/costume_ball.jpg)  Plus, since there's three of you in DC, you can carpool.  And hotels are much, much cheaper here.  

Plus, if we meet in DC, Jough might show up!
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jough on October 06, 2003, 04:02:46 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Plus, if we meet in DC, Jough might show up!


Har dee har har.  You are so funny.  That is to laugh.

'Tis true, though.  Do you people think you're ready to meet visage-a-visage?
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: CortJstr on October 06, 2003, 04:22:47 pm
Correction, there's 5 of us in the immediate DC area. I forgot about Carlos and Anarchy_Bowling (well, when he's not in class). Take that rest of the world!
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jay-ell on October 06, 2003, 04:28:28 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Plus, if we meet in DC, Jough might show up!


Har dee har har.  You are so funny.  That is to laugh.


I try.  You saw what happened when I was trying to be evil.  

Let's do this: everyone on the East Coast who would like to meet, PM me with your location.  I will compile the data on a large wall map with color-coded thumbtacks, and use a complicated algorithm and several balls of string to calculate the meeting place that is least inconvenient for all parties.  When that's been done, we'll set a date.  

Also, anybody who wants to come to my place on Halloween is welcome, regardless.  PM me for directions.
Title: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
Post by: jough on October 06, 2003, 05:21:52 pm
Miami, FL is just KICKIN' this time of year.

I'm just saying.