The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on April 25, 2007, 06:03:05 pm

Title: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 25, 2007, 06:03:05 pm
STONED LIGHTENING! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04252007)
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: evan on April 25, 2007, 06:28:48 pm
Roast Beef has a sign on his pod that says ROAST BEEF.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: CortJstr on April 25, 2007, 06:57:26 pm
Wow, I did not expect Cornelius to be there.

I just hope the game doesn't get crashed like the bathroom party. Unless that's who the other team is.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: theinevitable on April 25, 2007, 08:25:03 pm
dude, you think there's an "other team?"
Maybe you ain't get this concept.

This strip is peer-pressuring the fuck out of me, in that I have never gotten stoned, and the only person who regularly offers me a "toke" is... the guy who does the radio show after me. ie, tonight.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: chuanoplast on April 25, 2007, 08:44:08 pm
Inev, you can just stand in a little sanitary pod with glove extensions for you arms, and then the peer pressure won't be able to get you because it will be confused.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 25, 2007, 08:55:39 pm
Do *****s have a certain amount of metal hairs that they can put together into various styles?

Or are they like Lego men and there are little magnets under different pre-molded metal "wigs"?

Because a dude is cheering for the Lego theory.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: theinevitable on April 25, 2007, 09:08:12 pm
yeah, for real.

But really, my "peer pressure" drive is always overwhelmed by my "oh shit, but what if I do something stupid and get hurt! fuck! fuck! the world is dangerous!" one.

also, I have so much work tonight. shit.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 25, 2007, 09:16:06 pm
But really, my "peer pressure" drive is always overwhelmed by my "oh shit, but what if I do something stupid and get hurt! fuck! fuck! the world is dangerous!" one.

You know, I never smoked weed in college, not once, despite many opportunities to do so.  My thinking was largely like this.  Also, I was a bit concerned that I'd really really like it, and end up smoking all the time.

I don't feel bad about this, by any means.  But if I had it to do over again... I'd probably have me a toke, yeah.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: pmcd9 on April 25, 2007, 09:19:34 pm
That's fine, 'cause that's ok.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: dejavroom on April 25, 2007, 09:20:53 pm
Speaking of peer pressure... well, not exactly peer pressure, but I'm the type of person that gets salivating for a cup of coffee when I see one in a movie, so I guess the plan is to blast "Amadeus" real loud on the DVD and try to like touch the notes coming offa the speakers, you know.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: Teatime on April 25, 2007, 10:04:20 pm
Does anyone else find it bizarre how quickly this arc is progressing? My chief concern here is we will not see enough of stoned Cornelius.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: Golfhaus on April 26, 2007, 01:01:06 am
What position is Todd playing? Silly mid-on?
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: jaydub on April 26, 2007, 01:29:17 am
Left wing?
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: iron_felix on April 26, 2007, 01:30:23 am
I'm not sure whether Todd is just that out-of-it, or if he's just playing out of position to be an asshole.  Either possibility is hilarious.

Cornelius is garbed, fittingly, like another Cornelius (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/mack_connie.htm), but the Pete Rose hair wins, hands down.  That Pete Rose, is such Tough Guy!  Slidink into base with head first!  Although how one gets a ***** stoned to begin with is completely beyond me.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: dejavroom on April 26, 2007, 02:19:35 am
Man, Vlad chugs down malicious amounts of beer all the time, I can't see why he couldn't smoke - actually, he has been seen holding cigars here and there (unless of course I misremember).
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: iron_felix on April 26, 2007, 05:41:30 am
It's more a question of physiology, I think.  Vlad can toke up, but does it actually make him high?  It's hard to tell if all that alcohol makes him drunk, considering how boisterous the dude is anyway.

Also, 200 posts.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: jough on April 26, 2007, 12:34:53 pm
Dope is for dopes, man. 

The thing that most annoys me about habitual pot smokers (other than the fuck*ng music) is their tee-hee "ohmyfuck*nggodwe'resonaughty" giddiness about smoking pot.  "Oh man, I was so baked..."

Whenever I run into a dude who is high I always have the urge to cut off one of his fingers, just to give him something else to worry about other than how buzzed he is.  I realize this urge makes me a bad person.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: side_show on April 26, 2007, 01:25:09 pm
Oh god, back in my days of substance abuse, I always had this thing - this thing I was aware of, but could not controle.  When I reached the point when I was high or drunk, I would have to inform the people with me.  It was very important for me to make sure they knew I was high/drunk.  Even if I told myself not to do this, I would absolutely have to do this.  I was aware that this was the annoying thing drunk/high people do, but like a train barreling toward me I could not stop this behavior in myself.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: jaydub on April 26, 2007, 08:32:09 pm
After deep contemplation, I have concluded I have no f'ing idea why dioramas would be heresy.  I await enlightenment.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: V-Adore on April 26, 2007, 08:59:21 pm
After deep contemplation, I have concluded I have no f'ing idea why dioramas would be heresy.  I await enlightenment.

Idolatry? Someone in an iconoclastic phase, perhaps?
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: Teatime on April 26, 2007, 09:00:42 pm
This idol is all true, baby.
Title: Re: April 25 2007 - since major religious thinkers came out against the diorama
Post by: Bimmicus on April 29, 2007, 04:37:39 pm
Although how one gets a ##### stoned to begin with is completely beyond me.

Hash oil, natch.