The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on April 26, 2007, 01:06:23 pm

Title: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: wombat on April 26, 2007, 01:06:23 pm
Don't be such a stranger!
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: side_show on April 26, 2007, 01:18:06 pm
Jough, as the maker of my little home on the internet, thank you from the depths of my heart.  It has been a pleasure reading your posts.  I've missed your constant presence here, but I know that this must mean you're engaged in good stuff out there in the world, and that makes me happy too.  You are a king among kings.  You.  Are.  Rad.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: slink on April 26, 2007, 02:17:17 pm
Houghy Boughday. What with the magical pronunciation wizardry and all.

Have a good 'un, Cap'n. And drop by and let us know how debaucherous it is/was/will be. Then stay...
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Drygioni on April 26, 2007, 03:42:33 pm
Happy birthday, mate. Quaff some drink and get some skirt.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Limmo on April 26, 2007, 03:43:23 pm
Jough is the greatest, and I am happy he was born.  That is all.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: V-Adore on April 26, 2007, 04:06:11 pm
All sentiments seconded. Happy birthday, man.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: CortJstr on April 26, 2007, 04:37:54 pm
Enjoy a Nutri-Grain bar at every meal today, you deserve it.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: AugustWest on April 26, 2007, 04:41:42 pm
My basal nervous system wishes you a Happy Birthday, cuz.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 26, 2007, 06:39:00 pm
Will Smith told me to offer you best birthday wishes and to pass along a cigar.

Well, he actually said "birfday" but I assumed he mean "birthday". Weird accent on that man.

He also said that the cigar is "just for looks, don't light it".

Happy happy.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: jaydub on April 26, 2007, 08:38:19 pm
Chuck Norris said he'll kick your ass tomorrow instead - on account of it being your birthday today.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 26, 2007, 08:55:17 pm
Happiest of days to you!
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Teatime on April 26, 2007, 08:58:45 pm
Nikola Tesla has personally dedicated a new coil to your birthday.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 26, 2007, 09:22:08 pm
Happiest of happys g.o.d.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: theinevitable on April 26, 2007, 11:10:48 pm
I am hoping that your birthday, being today, has been and will continue to be wonderful. May today be a good day for you, today being your birthday.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: pmcd9 on April 26, 2007, 11:31:31 pm
Happy Birthday Jough. Have a great time on your birthday.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: linnea on April 27, 2007, 01:46:53 am
I just killed a kitten in honor of Jough's birthday.















heh, psych. But happy birthday wishes to the joughypantalones. Lots of <3.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: iron_felix on April 27, 2007, 03:29:55 am
heh, psych. But happy birthday wishes to the joughypantalones. Lots of <3.

I missed this the first time and found it even more amusing.


Happy Birthday, Jough, you charltaton, you.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: robot_god on April 27, 2007, 04:11:23 am
(http://www.mamamousse.com/assets/products/cakes/cake-birthday-spiderman-2-67a.jpg)
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: smick on April 27, 2007, 06:44:07 am
I just killed a kitten in honor of Jough's birthday.

I took it as a masturbatory reference, and then saw the psyche later.

I... I followed suit...  The last one was in your honor, Jough!
 
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: linnea on April 28, 2007, 05:34:44 am
I took it as a masturbatory reference, and then saw the psyche later.

I... I followed suit...  The last one was in your honor, Jough!
 

Please...think of the kittens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Every_time_you_masturbate..._God_kills_a_kitten).

Also: Cyndi Lauper's "She Bop" video. Beef mentions it in one of the 'zines.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Doc on April 28, 2007, 07:17:50 am
Happiest of birthdays oh Glorious Leader!
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: side_show on April 30, 2007, 01:08:03 pm
Huh.  Dude didn't comment on his own birthday thread.  I take it as a sign that things are awsome in Joughtown USA, but it does raise and important question:

What happens to a kid's imaginary friends when the kid grows up and leaves them behind? 
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: wombat on April 30, 2007, 02:00:35 pm
Huh.  Dude didn't comment on his own birthday thread.  I take it as a sign that things are awsome in Joughtown USA, but it does raise and important question:

What happens to a kid's imaginary friends when the kid grows up and leaves them behind? 

NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2007, 02:33:01 pm
Huh.  Dude didn't comment on his own birthday thread.  I take it as a sign that things are awsome in Joughtown USA, but it does raise and important question:

What happens to a kid's imaginary friends when the kid grows up and leaves them behind? 

Pretend I posted a link to that Calvin on Ritalin parody of Calvin & Hobbes
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: iron_felix on April 30, 2007, 10:15:50 pm
I just killed a kitten in honor of Jough's birthday.

I took it as a masturbatory reference, and then saw the psyche later.

I... I followed suit...  The last one was in your honor, Jough!
 

Please...think of the kittens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Every_time_you_masturbate..._God_kills_a_kitten).

Every time I masturbate, I kill a kitten.

Huh.  Dude didn't comment on his own birthday thread.  I take it as a sign that things are awsome in Joughtown USA, but it does raise and important question:

What happens to a kid's imaginary friends when the kid grows up and leaves them behind? 

NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old imaginary friends don't die when you grow up... at least, most of them don't. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10102002)
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Doc on April 30, 2007, 10:38:44 pm
What happens to a kid's imaginary friends when the kid grows up and leaves them behind? 

You ever see that movie where Harry Connick Robert Downey jr. (? I think) is followed around by four singing ghosts? It's like that.

Every time I masturbate, I kill a kitten.

Every time I kill a kitten, I mastur..... no, that's too far.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2007, 05:59:44 am
Happy fuck*ng Birthday You're Not Special. (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:dzfyxq8ald0e)


We all love you, Jough.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: jough on May 08, 2007, 06:20:27 am
I actually popped by here on my birthday but didn't see this thread. Apparently there are now FIVE PAGES of threads I haven't read (that's five PAGES of THREADS).  Basically I'll never catch up now.

The birthday was fun.  I went back to Philly for a visit that weekend.  I've been hell of busy.  I don't have the kind of job where I can message board from work like most of you.

I got a new camera (http://flickr.com/photos/jough/).  Expect more updates there.  Soon I'll be revising Jough.com and have more content there.

Soon.

I'm just going to read random threads.  I still have about a week's backlog of Achewood to read too.  Just not feeling this part of the internet these days.  I'm all about the eyebrows.

Thanks for all of your birthday wishes.  I got a little choked-up reading this thread a week after the fact now.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: pmcd9 on May 08, 2007, 06:56:42 am
'bout goddamn time.
Title: Re: Glorious anniversary of the birth of El Guapo
Post by: side_show on May 08, 2007, 01:37:34 pm
With the appearance of AssBar and jough's absence, I'm starting to feel like TOUAMB is a leper colony.  This is where diseased Achewood fans get exiled, away from the sight of common man.