The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Alternate on May 01, 2007, 06:47:18 am

Title: It's time to go
Post by: Alternate on May 01, 2007, 06:47:18 am
... to the new planet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c).  The meek can stay behind and inherit stuff. 

I am really happy about this.  Mostly I am hoping this new planet has rad oceans with giant pink marine dragons like I saw on the cover of a heinlein novel once.  (It was a very manly shade of pink... maybe you had to be there.)  If I ever do some crazy math that leads to the invention of a warp drive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Propulsion_Physics_Program#Alcubierre_drive), you will know that I only did it so I could party with the dragons on Gliese. 

Also, we should terraform Mars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraform_mars).  Assuming we can resolve all the maddening ethical concerns surrounding such a project.  And figure out how to do it. 

I am also in favor of floating cities on venus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_venus#Aerostat_habitats_and_floating_cities).  But then again, who isn't?
Title: Re: It's time to go
Post by: pmcd9 on May 01, 2007, 09:18:05 am
Alternate, marry me and we'll move to mars together (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2412.msg51685.html#msg51685).
Title: Re: It's time to go
Post by: jaydub on May 01, 2007, 04:47:02 pm
I just canned AugustWest for that tale about the layover and Prius key clusterfark in the linked thread.  I think I would have held it together until the last exchange with the dealership - then gone over the counter and ripped the pinhead's head off.
Title: Re: It's time to go
Post by: AugustWest on May 01, 2007, 05:41:11 pm
I had pretty much repressed that memory...
Title: Re: It's time to go
Post by: Alternate on May 02, 2007, 09:34:57 am
Alternate, marry me and we'll move to mars together (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2412.msg51685.html#msg51685).

Awesome, sounds like a plan.