The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: side_show on May 02, 2007, 08:58:33 pm

Title: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on May 02, 2007, 08:58:33 pm
Help!  I am about to submit my play to theatre where I am not allowed to use my real name until after they've read my play.  I need a pseudonym.  I was going to go with the ever popular Sue Doe Nim, but I want something better.  I am in such a frenzy to get this play and a major art application in at the same time, while still working at the theatre, that I have no creative juice left.  Please help.  Also, the play is for a tween audience, so keep it PG 13.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: pmcd9 on May 02, 2007, 09:05:41 pm
Is Side Show too obvious?
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on May 02, 2007, 09:09:52 pm
My indie company is Side Show Theatre, and it is known locally, so that is definitly out.  (I'm disqualified from consideration if I am identified in anyway.)
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: wombat on May 02, 2007, 09:22:48 pm
Molly Sanders!
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Teatime on May 02, 2007, 09:23:17 pm
There's always the lazy gal's choice of Rodney Leonard Stubbs.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: AugustWest on May 02, 2007, 09:27:58 pm
Anita F. Allus
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Drygioni on May 02, 2007, 09:28:06 pm
Male:
Jonathan Darkwood
Tom Byrne
Dave Verlaine
Martin Carmichael
Stokely King

Female:
Gertrude Perkins
Sophie Loretta
Debbie Frischmann
Justine Harry
Tina James
Eleanor Weymouth
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Teatime on May 02, 2007, 10:22:16 pm
Alice Überdeutchland.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: robot_god on May 02, 2007, 10:29:28 pm
Tiffany Stokombetta
Chad Branford
Louise Bon-Docky
Michael McTheusal
Amanda Paisley
Jimmy T. Kirkhouse
Paula Shekendow
Ian Los Pontos
Kimberley Floover
Gordon Highwater
Olivia Reingowatty
Cornald James
Jamie Retinpoppa
Gerald G. Cotton
Agnes Plotten
Yogos Schveinbazogen
Jacob Sinclaire

I could do this day.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 02, 2007, 10:31:42 pm
J.T. Lancer

The name of Tom Berenger's character's name in the fake teevee show referenced WITHIN "The Big Chill".

It's androgynous, which is a plus, and moreover... it's an obscure reference within a well-known work so it'll sound good when you're asked to tell the tale later. Also, it's the fake name of an already fake character in a movie, so you have the whole meta thing going for you.

(Chance Gardner would probably be too obvious.)

Or! Or! Slash's real name: Saul Hudson. That'd be neat.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jaydub on May 02, 2007, 11:04:27 pm
Sadie Lipschitz rolls off the tongue.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: wombat on May 03, 2007, 12:31:57 am
Wait, how about anagrams? Um.... S. deHisow? OK, maybe not.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2007, 12:42:16 am
Rebecca Bass

This (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/281418557/) is Rebecca Bass and these (here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/289728231/) and here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/289713912/)) are two of her creations.  She's a friend of mine and she's totally fuck*ng awesome.  You could do much much worse than being Rebecca Bass.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: wombat on May 03, 2007, 01:02:22 am
If we're stealing names of real people - a friend just reminded me that we used to know someone called Diana Archangeli and that that name deserved to belong to somebody better.  As she put it, "It's two, two, two gods and religious systems in one."
 
 
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jaydub on May 03, 2007, 01:23:29 am
Best name evar is a cute wastrel I met through a FOAF named San Francisco Rain, though she went by Rainey.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: CortJstr on May 03, 2007, 01:41:28 am
Eliot Pilgrim
Billy Rosewater
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: V-Adore on May 03, 2007, 01:58:18 am
If we're listing awesome names that belonged to people who didn't deserve them, can I nominate Rondelle Trinidad? The dude himself was an epic cockknocker, but his name had a certain euphony.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: AugustWest on May 03, 2007, 01:59:45 am
Arvis Dunbar.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Golfhaus on May 03, 2007, 02:01:00 am
Troy Harlem.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Doc on May 03, 2007, 07:27:28 am
I've noticed a lot of asian immigrants I know change their names when they come over so I decided if I ever move to an asian country I'd change my name to Aso Donum. I have no idea whether this resembles any asian name in existence but I still like it.

You, however, should be Vanessa Samson.

Molly Sanders is actually a pretty hot suggestion.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Limmo on May 03, 2007, 03:53:16 pm
Dr. Eldon Tyrell.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jaydub on May 03, 2007, 03:58:13 pm
Dr. Eldon Tyrell.
Only if you want your eyes gouged out by a homicidal android.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on May 14, 2007, 06:43:55 pm
I was actually going to go with Molly Sanders, but now I'm not so sure.  There is a myriad of possibilities.  Actually R. B. Kenakasaiiisingkl (how do you spell Beef's last name?) seems pretty dignified.  After all it is a play about a teacher dying of cancer.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jaydub on May 14, 2007, 08:33:07 pm
Or Kazenzakis.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2007, 09:19:21 pm
Hey, it's all greek to me, buddy.

CAN'T!
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Doc on May 15, 2007, 06:40:18 am
Or of course Cassandra Kazenzakis.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on May 15, 2007, 10:03:22 pm
I was just thinking of the Simpson's, and I thought:" Hey, I wonder if my name could be turned into any interesting anagrams?"  Thankfully there is  and easy way to find this out. (http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html)

Some interesting ones include:

SUE ZEN BROMELIA, BLAZE ERMINE SOU, MONSIEUR LEA BEZ

or if you use my middle name too, you get two even better ones:

EBENEZER OUIJA LENSMAN  or JEZEBEL NOUMENA RAINES

I'm still not sure if I'm going with any of these...

Also a few pretty enjoyable ones come up for Chris Onstad:

A SCROD THINS
CANDOR SHITS

Check it out!  Whose name makes the best anagram.... and.......begin!
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: CortJstr on May 15, 2007, 10:18:01 pm
WILY COCK MEN
NEW LIMY COCK
MY NICKEL COW
CLONE MY WICK
ME ICKY CLOWN

W/ middle:
A CYCLIC LEEK? HMM, I WON!
A LICK ME MY OWN CLICHE
MY WOMEN LICK A CLICHE

OK, I'm giving up now. There are 55,557 of these fuckers and I'm sill in the A's.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2007, 10:25:16 pm
Unfortunately, my parents somehow managed to give me only one full vowel in my name, which makes anagrams get pretty repetitive. Here's what I have that's good, though:

MANNA HARD NAVY
AND HARM AN NAVY
RANDY HAM AN VAN

Adding my middle name improves things slightly:

SAVANNAH YARDMAN ARMY
SAVANNAH AND MARRY YAM
MADMAN HAS RAN NAVY RAY
SANDMAN ARRAY HAM NAVY
DRAMA SHAMAN YARN NAVY

Sigh. I'd like to buy a vowel...
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Drygioni on May 15, 2007, 10:33:59 pm
I have never been prouder of my name. THAT BONES CURVED is a particular highpoint.

BRANCH DEVOUTEST
HUSBAND CORVETTE
SUNBATH VECTORED
SUNBATHED COVERT
HAVEN OBSTRUCTED
OVERSTATED BUNCH
ABUTTED CHEVRONS
CAVED BONES TRUTH
CHART BONES DUVET

Haven Obstructed. I could be a sci-fi novel.

A CAB DEFT DRUNK SHIV TORN sounds like a night out for Todd.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Golfhaus on May 15, 2007, 10:51:23 pm
FIERCE LOG
ICE GOLFER
LICE GOFER
LOGIC FREE

All of those eerily descriptive.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jaydub on May 15, 2007, 11:28:04 pm
Lowland jive dacha : a happenin' vacation spot   
Jaded vanilla chow: Not this for dessert again!
Java hewn acid doll: made in the traditional way

JAVA ACNE DHOW DILL: just the unlikeliest set of words.   

Old java, lewd China: A teaset I'd like to have
Waddle in Java Loch: A scottish destination.  Bring your waders.
Cow led naval jihad: Bombarding sheep on the shore.
Jowl and leach diva: Possibly offered at high-end spas near you.

DAD JAVELIN LA CHOW: Javelin! 

Venal lad cow jihad: Dissipated youth strike back at PETA
Navel jihad aw cold: Get that damn machete offa my belly!
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: wombat on May 15, 2007, 11:50:32 pm
I was just thinking of the Simpson's, and I thought:" Hey, I wonder if my name could be turned into any interesting anagrams?" 


We talked about this... (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3662.msg91906.html#msg91906)  well no actually we didn't I guess.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Doc on May 16, 2007, 12:43:06 am
I'm at work so can't go though looking for proper names but two that I like:

A SACRED NEON NORM

A ROMANCE NERD SON
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 16, 2007, 02:48:16 am
Chris Onstad
Funny Motherfucker
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on May 16, 2007, 02:55:20 am
We talked about this... (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3662.msg91906.html#msg91906)  well no actually we didn't I guess.

Oh... sorry.  I suppose that post sunk in subconsciously.  My real name is pretty good for the anagrams.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 15, 2007, 08:26:50 pm
First Middle Last gives us:
Boner Bra Turd Story
Ban Rutty Borer Rods
Rosy Turd Banter Bro

and my favorite...

Try Turbos Rad Boner
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 15, 2007, 09:18:38 pm
Jawing clown stalks on.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: side_show on June 15, 2007, 09:37:49 pm
 The bad news: I went with A.Lias.  The good news: they liked the play and I made some money.

Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: linnea on June 15, 2007, 09:59:26 pm
Wow... I never tried that anagram thingy before.

These are some various combinations that I came up with...
Raja Sol Glory
Sonar Joy Solo
Llano Rosary Nos
Angora Joy Loss
Sorrel Rig Solo
Sonar Joy Solo

The bad news: I went with A.Lias.  The good news: they liked the play and I made some money.



Awesome, I'm glad it worked.

Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Limmo on June 15, 2007, 10:06:46 pm
Jay Limmo.  Hence...
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jay-ell on July 20, 2007, 05:20:31 pm
LIVE, thread, LIVE!  *creepy organ music*

Pedro and I came to the topic of name anagrams in an interesting way just yesterday.  Maybe you will find this amusing? 

P - You and your crossword puzzles. 
j - Laugh all you want, but when we're eighty and you can't remember your name I'll still be as sharp and witty as I am today. 
P - (old man voice) "there, I've finished my forty-ninth play.  Now time to sign it.  What's my name?" 
j - if you ever ask me what your name is it had better be in bed. 
P - (old man voice) What's my name? 
j - Oh, dude, no. 
P - Spell it!
j - a-d-r-i-a-n
P - Anagram it! 
j - A Nadir. 
P - Really? 
j - I do the jumble, too. 
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2007, 05:33:18 pm

j - Laugh all you want, but when we're eighty and you can't remember your name I'll still be as sharp and witty as I am today. 


S'true.  My beloved grandmother did the crossword puzzle everyday and was sharp as tack when she died at 94.  She also had two large vodkas on the rocks at cocktail hour everyday.

I miss her a lot.
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: jay-ell on July 20, 2007, 05:44:27 pm
I found my pornstar name. 

Jasmine Donut.  As in, "smile like a..."

I also liked:

just no median
jade omits nun
amid none just
Title: Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 20, 2007, 08:08:20 pm
LIVE, thread, LIVE!  *creepy organ music*

Pedro and I came to the topic of name anagrams in an interesting way just yesterday.  Maybe you will find this amusing? 

(Couple playing word games with each other redacted.)

Jeremy's . . . Iron?