The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: linnea on May 05, 2007, 12:25:54 am

Title: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: linnea on May 05, 2007, 12:25:54 am
Quote from: Somebody nice
To: kurtz@pvponline.com
Email Subject: Totally inappropriate.
My, how novel. A white dude using a black character to bash affirmative action! Hurr hurr hurrrr.
Totally inappropriate, Kurtz.
Sincerely,
Somebody nice

      

Quote from: Scott Kurtz
Somebody nice,

For your information, that very joke was taken from an actual conversation I had with the real Reggie Dixon.
So you'll need to take it up with him.

P.S. Reggie is black and blind. I guess that make the joke okay now.

Totally APPROPRIATE! In your FACE, Somebody nice.

Love,
Kurtz

What a fuckin' tool. It's the "in your FACE" that makes it classy.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: AugustWest on May 05, 2007, 12:45:28 am
My cats' breath smells like catfood.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: melack on May 05, 2007, 12:48:16 am
People actually read PvP? I've always thought of it as some abstract concept that some group of scholars talked about once in a classroom in 1972.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2007, 02:11:16 am
I shouldn't have read it. I don't like hating people.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: Lister on May 05, 2007, 02:19:11 am
Scott only listens to people who agree with him, which makes him think he is always right.  This is dangerous to do (see also: our president).

Also: fattyfattyfattyfattyfattyfatty nah nah nah nah nah
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: Drygioni on May 05, 2007, 07:39:47 am
Linnea, your email in the first place was a bit dick-ish, so dickery in return must be expected.

However, I'm prepared to overlook this because you're a charming, intelligent young woman and Scott Kurtz is a dick.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2007, 08:09:10 am
egh. The difference is, being up front when telling someone they are being a dick is... acceptable. on any level.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: linnea on May 05, 2007, 09:46:52 am
The part that really pissed me off was his asshattery at his bullshit logic.

"One black dude - Reggie Dixon, no less! -  was the one who made the affirmative action joke, so it's cool! Plus, my token n***er character is a crippled Negro who's bangin' a hawt white chick and also happens to be really a cool dude cuz I'm not racist so the possibility of cool nonthreatening black guys is totally within my awesome worldview...well, since that one black man said it...well shit! that must mean that my IN YOUR FACE argument is rock-solid. Yeah...one black man's opinion automatically covers his entire race. Sweet."

That is a statement of assholes. Sorry Kurtz, but you're a dick.





-------------------------------
Okay, I just re-read that. Wow. I'm really getting worked up over the opinion of one stupid man. I just got back from a tough call (lady miscarrying, bad scene), it's 2AM, I've been awake for 20 hours, and I need some rest. Kurtz is a douchebag and there's no reason for me to get upset because of one racist asshole.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: pmcd9 on May 05, 2007, 11:47:01 am
I don't know where Scott Kurtz comic lives so I can't judge for myself.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: side_show on May 05, 2007, 03:33:45 pm
I have no idea who this guy is or why you would write to him.

For some reason I was hoping this thread would be about Heart of Darkness.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: linnea on May 05, 2007, 04:57:16 pm
For some retarded reason I bookmarked PVP in my daily comics Firefox tab. Guy's a douche, I'm not going to read it anymore.

http://www.pvponline.com/article/3300/fri-may-04

Quote from: Scott Kurtz
You know what?

The strip, the joke, and the sentiment you're SOOO offended by come from a place of humor and friendship and laughter. Meanwhile, everything you're projecting onto my intentions and this strip is filled with bile. Where is the inappropriate meaning REALLY coming from? Me or your brain?

Thanks for reading and writing.

Scott Kurtz
Cartoonist
http://www.pvponline.com



Wow! He deftly manages to shift the blame onto me while refusing to man up and take responsibility for what he published. Awww, it came from a place of humor and friendship and laughter, plus it wuz a joke! Awesome, falling back on the "it was just a joke" defense. Brill, Kurtz. What a fuck*ng tool.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: melack on May 05, 2007, 05:24:50 pm
I have a feeling this Kurtz also lives in a tent surrounded with human heads impaled on spikes.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: V-Adore on May 05, 2007, 06:44:56 pm
I know that, whenever I accidentally read PVP, I feel like a snail crawling down a razor blade... forever.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: pmcd9 on May 05, 2007, 10:02:45 pm
Hmm, I don't know.  Not particularly funny, but not particularly offensive either.  It's hard for me to get upset by a affirmative action joke because the afirmative action debate is a lot like the abortion debate.  Both sides are right while both sides are wrong.  Scott Kurtz may be a dick, but his comic is lame is why I don't read it.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2007, 10:57:14 pm
um, jesus christ. Geordi La Forge doesn't fly the ship! He's the head engineer, and he's not blind with his VISOR!

(apparently he flew in the first season, though. hm.)
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: Golfhaus on May 06, 2007, 03:57:56 am
Scott Kurtz
Cartoonist
http://www.pvponline.com

The idea of anyone putting a job title like "Cartoonist" in their .sig makes me laugh for reasons I don't fully understand.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: smick on May 06, 2007, 10:46:20 am
That's because "Cartooneer" doesn't have the air of authority.

On that note, I will tell people I play guitar, but I will not say that I'm a guitarist.

Once, when I was drunk however, I called myself a guitartist.  I was drunk though, so I slurred, and everyone thought I said "guitardist".

They were closer than I am happy with.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: pmcd9 on May 07, 2007, 12:20:56 am
What is Scott Kurtz if not a cartoonist?  Is that not his occupation?
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: Golfhaus on May 07, 2007, 02:34:19 am
I'm not saying it's not justified. It just makes me laugh.

My mom works for a physician. One of his patients hit the lottery a few years ago. So when they have to update their contact information, under "Occupation," she writes, "Millionaire." That makes me laugh too.
Title: Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
Post by: AugustWest on May 07, 2007, 03:18:44 am
I'm not saying it's not justified. It just makes me laugh.

My mom works for a physician. One of his patients hit the lottery a few years ago. So when they have to update their contact information, under "Occupation," she writes, "Millionaire." That makes me laugh too.

I think that's what Thurston Howelll III writes too.