The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on October 07, 2003, 04:13:35 am
-
There's nothing I love more than the cavalry coming to the rescue.
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10072003).
-
Onstad has lost it. Oh man, great stuff. Beef's ensemble tops it all off.
-
Beef is dressed in Devo garb a la 1982 and the "Whip It" video in particular.
My god. This is so fuck*ng good. The strip has gone off the deep end, and I'm ready to follow it.
And I was going to start a thread if there wasn't one already, and call it "Animalicious." Great minds think alike.
-
Geez, what else would you call this thread?
Well, ok, "What the Fuck?! (Oct. 7)" would have worked, too.
-
Yeah.... whoa. I'll definately be awaiting tomorrow's strip with much interest.
-
Man this is getting so good he oughta quit everything else he does and put out three a day!
Or not, but you know...
-
There's totally going to be a lot of strife in this band. It was clearly Teador's idea to form but now Beef is running things. Soon there will be animosity, then a downward spiral of drinking and drugs leading to a Behind the Music with Ray as the friend who tried to mediate but couldn't hold then together.
-
There's totally going to be a lot of strife in this band. It was clearly Teador's idea to form but now Beef is running things. Soon there will be animosity, then a downward spiral of drinking and drugs leading to a Behind the Music with Ray as the friend who tried to mediate but couldn't hold then together.
OK I can so picture that. That's become the second strip of the day in my head!
Thankyou, sincerely for all that imagery!
-
This is the first time in a while that I literally laughed out loud while reading the daily strip. I'm still smiling broadly. Score!
-
I just had to go back and read it again. There's much to love here.
I've always enjoyed sound effects in comics, and the squeak of the curtain rising cracked me up.
I'm surprised no one mentioned Téodor's hair and ripped shirt sleeves. He's so punk rock. You could not be more punk rock than Téodor is there.
-
All good bands' drummers usually die prematurely, if Spinal Tap has taught us anything. I suppose this is the end of Phillipe.
-
I like that neither Philippe nor Lyle had to change because they were already perfectly dressed for this.
Also, could Philippe look any happier than while he's drumming? I propose that he cannot.
-
And I was going to start a thread if there wasn't one already, and call it "Animalicious." Great minds think alike.
And so do we!
-
I wonder if Ray is going to sign Animalicious and we get to see their tour antics.
-
every time I look at the strip I hear devo in my head
-
Personally, I'm kinda touched by the gang's concern for Pat (and by extension Ray). It woulda been easy (and funny) to leave Pat up there on stage twisting in the wind. I guess That's What Friends Are For.
-
This RULES! First I got DEVO in my head, but now I keep seeing the musical finale from "Revenge of the Nerds". All we need is Mr Bear with a Mohawk playing an electic violin and blister and Todd joint poppin' and moonwalkin' and *****ing across the stage.
This strip is magic!
-
This RULES! First I got DEVO in my head, but now I keep seeing the musical finale from "Revenge of the Nerds". All we need is Mr Bear with a Mohawk playing an electic violin and blister and Todd joint poppin' and moonwalkin' and *****ing across the stage.
This strip is magic!
NO ON 15! NO ON 15!
Alright, so that was Nerds In Paradise, but I'm definitely there with ya, Dawg.
-
This RULES! First I got DEVO in my head, but now I keep seeing the musical finale from "Revenge of the Nerds". All we need is Mr Bear with a Mohawk playing an electic violin and blister and Todd joint poppin' and moonwalkin' and *****ing across the stage.
This strip is magic!
Dammit, now I have to go home and listen to the FenixTX song where they cover Lamar's rap from that scene.
AlohaDawg, look what you've done! (Double dammit! Now I also have to listen to Fatboy Slim - Michael Jackson)
-
Roast Beef as Devo is so perfect there aren't even words.
Just... this strip is fantastic. Wherever Onstad is going, I'm along for the ride.
-
Man this is getting so good he oughta quit everything else he does and put out three a day!
That would be awesome man, but Onstad's not going on the wagon anytime soon.
Also, this strip kicked ass. It is all about the mohawk.
-
It just occurs to me that "Animalicious" is really sort of an odd name for the band. I mean, this is the Underground -- everybody's an animal, so "Animalicious" doesn't really distinguish them. It's like... I dunno... naming a human rock band Mantastic (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=761).
(Or maybe it is a direct allusion and I'm a moron.)