The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Ryabovsky on May 09, 2007, 08:54:43 am

Title: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: Ryabovsky on May 09, 2007, 08:54:43 am
I'll call Rudy in production and we'll send promo samples to convalescent homes around the world. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05092007)

Ray has recovered and he's back to getting things done.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: CortJstr on May 09, 2007, 12:50:26 pm
I really expected to see a "fin." in the corner of this one. Color me surprised.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: side_show on May 09, 2007, 12:51:31 pm
Man, I was really not expecting his recovery to occur so quickly.  There was so much potential for hilarity.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: dejavroom on May 09, 2007, 01:07:52 pm
Most bummery indeed.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: pmcd9 on May 09, 2007, 02:22:59 pm
Whoa, Dogg.  Say shucks that much on your own time..
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: theinevitable on May 09, 2007, 03:14:16 pm
Just some Knuckleheads from the Day.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: dejavroom on May 09, 2007, 03:36:50 pm
R2DTrousers, I cannot begin to describe how your avatar picture disturbs me. Can!
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: ImpyChick on May 09, 2007, 06:04:59 pm
I'm surprised to see this wrapped up so quickly as well.  Maybe Onstad didn't feel like he had a lot of outs.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 09, 2007, 06:16:16 pm
The idea of two old childhood friends sharing a blanket in a super-posh nursing home in their waning brain-addled twilight years is... so completely and fundamentally gay that it spins the wheel and somehow becomes the straightest most manliest thing ever.

It does it in the same exact way that Andy and Red have the gayest moment in film history at the end of Shawshank and yet, somehow, it is so gay that it is not gay in any matter fashion or form. It is two manly old soldiers sharing in the fading glories of two lives well fought.

It is so weird being a dude. I hope you ladies realize this.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: side_show on May 09, 2007, 07:27:24 pm
You should try being a girl and renting an empowering movie about sassy black women with your best friend and then get back to me.  The clerks give us such sly looks. 
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 09, 2007, 07:42:57 pm
Oh, I'm sure it's insane to be a lady too.

I'm just sayin'... it ain't easy for nobody.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: Teatime on May 09, 2007, 08:49:07 pm
I know that writing the retard jokes is not ideal, and I actually love this strip, but this the three arcs in a rowthat Onstad has ended abruptly. I just hope he's not totally lost the ability to hold interest. I want another G.O.F. caliber-arc someday.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: side_show on May 09, 2007, 10:05:12 pm
Oh, I'm sure it's insane to be a lady too.

I'm just sayin'... it ain't easy for nobody.

Oh, I totally think it's worse for you boys.  There's so much more pressure to appear strait if you're a man than if you're a woman (whether you are or not).  You could go crazy trying to be un-gay as a guy, and someone would still say something like "you're trying so hard to convince us otherwise, that you must be one of those fag-hating-fags," but as a chick, it's all, "Oh well - guys think it's hot anyway, so who cares!" 
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: Teatime on May 09, 2007, 10:25:16 pm
There is no way dudes can meaninglessly cuddle while watching a movie. This is most suboptimal.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: jaydub on May 09, 2007, 10:36:07 pm
There is no way dudes can meaninglessly cuddle while watching a movie. This is most suboptimal.
The best we get is firing off a Master Flick on our buddy's ear while coming back from the kitchen or can.  Casual abuse of your friends is what passes for platonic cuddles.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: wombat on May 10, 2007, 01:02:32 am
This strip is so touching. I can't remember ever wanting to go "awwww" so hard for something not involving Philippe.
Title: Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
Post by: stringph on May 11, 2007, 07:51:31 pm

How many 'aw shucks''s did Roast Beef say?

Maybe about seven million.

- Go calculate.