The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on May 14, 2007, 07:32:11 pm

Title: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: mrchee on May 14, 2007, 07:32:11 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05142007

Ohhh shiiiiiit
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: side_show on May 14, 2007, 07:47:05 pm
I especially enjoy the comparison of phlegm to egg yolks.  This is a good description.  It's also a little jarring to have all these random frames with Onstad's voice coming out of different characters and things.  Also, a garlic bulb smoking.  As if garlic doesn't already give you bad breath as it is.  Fantastic.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2007, 07:47:31 pm
Quote from: Onstad
Do you know how hard it is to write when you're all high on prescription codeine cough syrup?

Ask Bill Burroughs.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: V-Adore on May 14, 2007, 07:47:38 pm
I feel a bit strange about the veglegon violence here, but this strip is pretty great otherwise. Great choices of art to reuse!
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: Roger on May 14, 2007, 08:02:19 pm
I just can't remember where that last panel came from. Anyone?
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: CortJstr on May 14, 2007, 08:12:43 pm
I think the last 2 panels are new. I don't see anything familiar, anyway.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: jaydub on May 14, 2007, 08:31:43 pm
I had a school project once that I did a similar thing with.  I was supposed to make a slide show about spirituality in my life or something, but I blew it off until the day it was due, then grabbed one of my Dad's carousels that was loaded with beach vacation pics.  I told some story about how I must have gotten the carousels mixed up, then b.s.ed my way through a couple random slides of my brother and I sliding down sand dunes.  The teacher finally told me to stop and sit down.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: MattFish on May 14, 2007, 08:48:06 pm
So is that last guy Onstad's anthro-avatar?

I like breaking the fourth wall as much as the next guy, but I dunno. Wasn't the last time he did this the Téodor c*ck one-panel?
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: Tashiseisei on May 14, 2007, 10:15:17 pm
The Oblio reference automatically makes this awesome.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: melack on May 14, 2007, 11:00:51 pm
I kind of wish the art style matched the drug-induced stream of consciousness style of the writing. That would have been some shit.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: Golfhaus on May 14, 2007, 11:16:27 pm
What a ripoff. Totally reusing the art there, he is.

Get better, Onstad. Being sick sucks.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: side_show on May 15, 2007, 12:04:19 am
The Oblio reference automatically makes this awesome.

I've never heard of Oblio.  Google seems to point to a pointy headed character... care to elaborate for those of us who are clueless Tashiseisie? 
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: JorgeFabregas on May 15, 2007, 02:39:04 am
Oblio was the main character in The Point, a hippyish animated feature with a great score recorded by folk singer Harry Nilsson.

The message of the movie: it's ok to be different.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: Doc on May 15, 2007, 06:44:21 am
This Is Rad.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 15, 2007, 01:34:43 pm
I am a huge fan of The Point.

It was like getting high, for kids who didn't know what getting high was yet.

So many puns on the many meanings of the word "point".
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: applebed on May 15, 2007, 02:25:17 pm
I love the Point, I haven't seen the movie but the record is awesome. I hope Onstad is playing it to the small one.

It is kind of trippy though, especially "Think About Your Troubles."

"Sit beside the breakfast table, think about your troubles.
Pour yourself a cup of tea, and think about the bubbles.
You can take your teardrops and drop 'em in a teacup
Take them down to the riverside and throw them over the side

To be swept up by a current, then taken to the ocean
To be eaten by some giraffees, who were eaten by some giraffees
And swallowed by a whale who grew so old
He decompooo-osed, doo, doo, doo

He died and left his body to the bottom of the ocean
Now everybody knows that when a body decomposes
The basic elements are given back to the ocean
And the sea does what it oughta and soon there's salty water
(Not too good for drinking)

'Cause it tastes just like a teardrop so they run it through a filter
And it comes out from a faucet, and it pours into a teapot
Which is just about to bubble, now think about your troubles, now...

-

I wonder what the Oblio Correction might be?
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: side_show on May 15, 2007, 07:00:05 pm
Again, having never heard of the Point, this "Think About Your Troubles" is an terribly Beef-like offering.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: pmcd9 on May 15, 2007, 07:18:42 pm
I wonder what the Oblio Correction might be?

I took it to be a Mod Band that Onstad had invented.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: pmcd9 on May 15, 2007, 07:21:34 pm
Again, having never heard of the Point, this "Think About Your Troubles" is an terribly Beef-like offering.

The Point is very uplifting.  It's actually the opposite of Roast Beef.  Roast Beefs problems are within himself and often times his friend help him through the rough times.  In the point Oblio's problems all external and he uses his inner resources to overcome them.
Title: Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
Post by: applebed on May 15, 2007, 07:44:11 pm
I took it to be a Mod Band that Onstad had invented.
Yeah I get that. I meant the concept that the band would be named after... I'm just being a geek.
It's prolly just something Onstad likes the sound of.

"Troubles" is very RB stylistically. Not the mood of the song, or the theme of the album - just the introspective, silly, tangential randomness of it