The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: side_show on May 14, 2007, 09:05:57 pm

Title: Writers block...
Post by: side_show on May 14, 2007, 09:05:57 pm
This is not the time for this to be happening.  Shiiiiiit.
Title: Re: Writers block...
Post by: Limmo on May 14, 2007, 11:09:47 pm
Care to elaborate?
Title: Re: Writers block...
Post by: jaydub on May 14, 2007, 11:15:36 pm
Find something you put aside a while back (never finished) and get a couple more points down.  Sometimes that helps me get the juices flowing.  Also, having a pathological problem with finishing things I've started, I never lack for material.
Title: Re: Writers block...
Post by: side_show on May 15, 2007, 12:05:38 am
I have three different writing projects due in the next three weeks, and my brain just went poof.  I think it's too much stress, but I'm so uninspired.  Sucks.
Title: Re: Writers block...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 16, 2007, 02:47:32 am
As your attorney I advise you to drink a bottle of mezcal and proceed immediately to an ounce of dope.
Title: Re: Writers block...
Post by: side_show on May 16, 2007, 03:05:50 am
I don't think that would fix my writer's block.  It might make me not care about my writers block though... hmmm.

Actually, I had a pretty good jag today and finished a first draft of the play due soonest.  So now... two more... No, actually I decided two more in 15 days is impossible, especially with these being the busiest days at my other theater job, so I've mushed the two remaining projects together, and now only have to have a partial draft and a funding application about it done by the end of this month, and a rough draft over the next two months, which is a lot less scary.  I'm feeling stress since my first script is about to hit the big time - there's a lot of pressure to make the next project be just as good to sustain the attention to my work, yet what makes something "good" is illusive...  Thankfully the artistic director I'm working with is sane, reasonable and generally brilliant.