The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on May 16, 2007, 06:03:20 pm

Title: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: RMJ12345 on May 16, 2007, 06:03:20 pm
Shouldn't that thing be bloody? I thought your ad said you guys were the best. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162007)

I am LOVING this. I think it's off-the-wall and hilarious, like the Ray gets sort-of stoned sequence.

When has the exterior of Ray's house been shown before?
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: dejavroom on May 16, 2007, 06:34:27 pm
Re: Ray's house: Oh my God. Dude is sick and pulls off this kind of art. Arc is lame so far, but the rendering of Ray's house oozes with "I-care-about-it"ness. Brings a tear to the appropriate duct...
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: MattFish on May 16, 2007, 06:40:02 pm
Someone clue me in to the 'whaletail' comment.

Pretty sure that's when a woman's thong is visible over the waist of her low rise pants
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: RMJ12345 on May 16, 2007, 06:42:03 pm
Re: Ray's house: Oh my God. Dude is sick and pulls off this kind of art. Arc is lame so far, but the rendering of Ray's house oozes with "I-care-about-it"ness. Brings a tear to the appropriate duct...

Word, I noticed that too.

Also this arc is kind of topical with the recent death of Our Lady of Intolerance.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: jaydub on May 16, 2007, 06:45:41 pm
I thought it was a pretty good likeness of the divine Ms Bullock, myself.  I can see how the Celebrity Mannequin store would have a few more of Sandy around than of Sylvia Plath.  Considering the buyers market probably consists mostly of college boys with Communications, Sociology, or Recreation majors I can see how a 20th Century Lit figure would be a special order.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: RMJ12345 on May 16, 2007, 06:47:19 pm
Re: Ray's Exterior
Decided to do my own research:

 A glimpse inside Ray's Place (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03052002)
 Ray Quits Smoking (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05112004)

Interesting.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: Roger on May 16, 2007, 07:03:10 pm
One way of saving the lawn installation is calling a group of feminists to protest against Ted Hughes. When they face the anti-abortion people things could get interesting.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: mrchee on May 16, 2007, 07:11:38 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03082002 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03082002)
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03112002 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03112002)


holy shit I loved those 2 strips back in the day

chris needs to come back to that kind of stuff
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: stringph on May 16, 2007, 08:33:23 pm

This is the first time I have realised that you can completely change the meaning of Sandra Bullock's surname by adding a simple horizontal stroke of the pen.


Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: jaydub on May 16, 2007, 09:18:34 pm
From ox to ass, just like that!
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: theinevitable on May 16, 2007, 10:05:51 pm
yeah. I love his house.

Also, the whale-tail concept. I realize that it makes me crass to admit this, but it makes me warm and fuzzy.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: CortJstr on May 16, 2007, 11:39:52 pm
I like how Ray scooches his head back and they both squint because of the bullhorn.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: side_show on May 17, 2007, 01:30:02 pm
So, is the abortion protestor a midget?  On his knees?  A child?  What is going on there?

Also, I personally prefer to take the whale tail at face value.  Like, the sort of accoutriment added to a sports car for no real reason, but  bolted to the back of Sandra Bullock.  This is funnier to me than her undies peaking out is.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2007, 05:15:31 pm
Quote
Also, I personally prefer to take the whale tail at face value.  Like, the sort of accoutriment added to a sports car for no real reason, but  bolted to the back of Sandra Bullock.  This is funnier to me than her undies peaking out is.

QFU (Quoted for Undies.)

That is basically my favorite word.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2007, 05:57:55 pm
Whale Tail is one of those terms that my SO heard and immediately assumed was much more disgusting than it actually is. See also: "breaking the seal" and "come catcher"
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: dejavroom on May 17, 2007, 06:15:50 pm
I thought that it was a Sandra Bullock figurehead with a literal tail as her lower body; you know, like for a very disturbing pirate ship.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: Turbo Ninja on May 17, 2007, 08:44:35 pm
See also: "come catcher"

I have no idea how this can be less disgusting than it sounds, but I'm not going to Google it to find out.  I consider myself to be on the Worldly end of the Sick Fuck spectrum and I ain't remember hearing this one before.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2007, 08:56:02 pm
I found several entries on urban dictionary, and each one said something different. Or at least, several did.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: side_show on May 17, 2007, 10:04:53 pm
From my days as a sex ed instructor, I mostly heard the term "cum catcher" applied to condoms, but perhaps the wife was imagining some stand-in pu$$y used for the soul perpose of accepting deposits of ejaculation, or basically a super-nasty term for a prostitute?
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2007, 11:28:38 pm
I was initially introduced to the term as Smells was but was recently reaquinted with it in regards to those lower back tatoos. Seems to refer to that tatted area as a 'money shot' target in the adult film industry.

Indeed. Also called a Tramp Stamp.
Title: Re: May 16, 2007 - Dude loves to tinker.
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2007, 11:30:37 pm
yes. also, derogatory term for a lady in general. Probably never actually used, Cf. "Dirty Sanchez."