The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on May 23, 2007, 02:08:38 am
-
FALLBROOK, Calif. - A golfer died Tuesday after his golf cart plunged 75 feet off a cliff and crashed onto a road below, authorities said.
The 65-year-old man teed off with three friends on the second hole of the Pala Mesa Resort Golf Course about 50 miles north of San Diego at around 10 a.m. and then got into his cart.
The vehicle veered off the concrete pathway, traveled down a 25-foot embankment and went over the edge of the cliff, California Highway Patrol spokesman Tom Kerns said.
The victim, a recently retired real estate agent from Irvine, was ejected shortly before the cart hit the road beneath the cliff and died on impact, Kerns said. His name was not immediately released.
No one else was involved in the crash.
Investigators will inspect the golf cart for mechanical failures, Kerns said. Drugs or alcohol were not thought to have been factors in the crash.
--- END NEWS ITEM ---
I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I saw this was Roast Beef doing the same thing (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06272003).
-
Somebody got Beef split on green again!
When will people learn that marijuana and golf just don't mix?
-
Ted! Don't be drivin' that thing! You're HIGH AS HELL!
-
Was Charles Mingus nearby?
-
Only briefly. He took off the moment the cart went over.
-
That is not.... Rad.
-
I thought of Beef as well. When I saw this on the news,I turned to my mom, and explained the similarity, and she totally remembered me telling her that story.
-
Inexplicably Funny Phrases In The English Language No. 151
"Plunges/falls/tumbles off cliff"