The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: smick on May 25, 2007, 12:53:53 pm

Title: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: smick on May 25, 2007, 12:53:53 pm
Frank Black - May 26, 2007, 8p - 11:30p (http://www.leftyspizzeria.com/calendar/index.php?start=20070429&id=592)

Unfortunatly I will be out of the area, at Sasquatch up in George, WA that night.

Sure as hell though, I'd rather see Frank than Bjork.   This news comes as a blow.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: jaydub on May 25, 2007, 04:04:07 pm
Bite your tongue, sir.  Bjork is up there on my list of celebrity crushes, behind Gillian Anderson but ahead of Jodi Foster.  I'd watch her drink coffee, let alone perform.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: side_show on May 25, 2007, 05:09:34 pm
jaydub.... that is an interesting list of lady celebrities to crush on.  In another day and time, you would have been well to work the circus side show circuit.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 25, 2007, 05:29:36 pm
I am frightened of Bjork... however not so frightened that I would not have sex with her. She's sexy in a weird sort of way. I don't think I would... leave any sort of traceable information with her, though. She seems legitimately off her rockets. I would not call it a celebrity crush, though.

Jodie Foster is... attractive? But when a lady is that obviously not into dudes, I find my ability to crush significantly dampened. Any sexual encounter with her would involve a strap-on and the death of my anal virginity and I am not into either of those things. If I can keep strap-ons away from me until the end of time, unless I am somehow reincarnated as a hot lesbian for some reason, I will be pretty happy.

I tend to crush on girl-next-door celebrity type ladies. You seem to like... the murderous librarian sort of dame.

This world takes all kinds.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: smick on May 25, 2007, 08:22:35 pm
Oh, I'm happy as hell to be seeing Bjork live, but there's a reason I've seen Frank Black/The Pixies 7 times.  It burns me a bit that he'll be playing a few miles from my office, but I won't be around to see him.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: theinevitable on May 25, 2007, 08:39:24 pm
Girls next door, FTW (Fuck the World, not "For the Win")!
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: jaydub on May 25, 2007, 09:08:25 pm
You seem to like... the murderous librarian sort of dame.

This world takes all kinds.

Hmmm...I think that's pretty good.  I like strong women.  Not necessarily take-charge, but the kind I don't need to worry about.  They can take care of themselves, thank you, and we meet as equals - which I find more appealing than someone who looks to me to solve all their problems and protect them (and would probably take off when someone stronger comes along).


p.s.  It turns out they're all older than me, too: Foster b.1962; Bjork b.1965 and Anderson b.1968.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: linnea on May 26, 2007, 04:04:53 am
I, too, have a huge crush on Bjork. I about died with laughter with Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg penned that great song about Bjork and his love for her.

Also, Gillian Anderson is hottttt.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: pmcd9 on May 26, 2007, 05:16:23 am
I've seen Frank Black perform.  Didn't do a fuck*ng thing for me.  I've been waiting for Bjork to come to town for years.  Sadly, I am still waiting.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: Nabubrush on May 30, 2007, 02:14:13 am
I kind of stepped on my dick here, I guess. Thankfully I did see Frank play last time through. I would always go see him, though. Lots of fun. I just wish he had played Robert Onion.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: smick on May 30, 2007, 03:01:11 am
Reading some show reports, it's pretty different this time around.

Just a guitar, drum, and bass.   Frank isn't playing, only singing.  The guitar player from the opening band in Portland is now playing guitar for him.  He played Robert Onion, and covered a Fatboy Slim song.   I think the days of Nashville twang have passed for a while.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: Nabubrush on May 30, 2007, 03:10:15 am
He played Robert Onion.

Well that's just super news. I'm going to go take a bath, then.
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: jaydub on May 31, 2007, 01:07:25 am
I, too, have a huge crush on Bjork. I about died with laughter with Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg penned that great song about Bjork and his love for her.
Also, Gillian Anderson is hottttt.

hu hu, grr STAMPA STAMPA
Title: Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
Post by: linnea on May 31, 2007, 01:28:48 am
hu hu, grr STAMPA STAMPA

I...I fail to get the reference. Is that a reference to the Bjork song? I don't remember that.