The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on May 30, 2007, 02:05:09 pm

Title: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 30, 2007, 02:05:09 pm
http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuadfnpc2

I can't decide if Chevy is offensive or not. 

Also, I'm amazed that no one's opened a thread for this one yet.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: MSC on May 30, 2007, 02:22:37 pm
In the restaurant name, nice homage to Chevy Chase's SNL Gerald Ford impersonations.  Though if all the waiters do pratfalls when leaving the kitchen, makes for a lot of broken plates.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: CortJstr on May 30, 2007, 02:27:56 pm
Absolutely nothing! There is nothing in the box! Stupid! You are so stupid!



Red snapper. Very tasty!
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: wombat on May 30, 2007, 02:41:26 pm
The waiter is somehow deeply disturbing to me. The hair, I think. I got stuck staring dumbly at the fifth panel for quite a long moment. I wish I could remember that it is best not to read this comic before one is fully awake.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: linnea on May 30, 2007, 03:09:14 pm
Wow. Beef needs to move fast with that ring. 39 Achewoodians agree: Molly is a class act and Beef better hurry up and do right by her.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 30, 2007, 04:30:01 pm
Of COURSE Beef would go to a restaurant where all the owner does is insult him.

It is so clear! It is so true! How could I have ever wondered?

My brother's girlfriend is of Thai descent though she was raised in Van Nuys and Palmdale so, if anything, she has a very mild "Valley Girl" accent and... it always seems to surprise people that her voice is coming out of her mouth. It is pretty rad.

But most importantly, any thread that involves a UHF reference is totally awesome.

A Japanese man jumping out of a supply closet to surprise a man and yelling "Supplies!" is about as funny as anything human civilization has ever put forth unto itself on purpose.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: dejavroom on May 30, 2007, 06:49:47 pm
That's insanely massive kvetching even for Beef; the hell get going already (maybe Onstad's still deciding who gets shot at the party).
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: wombat on May 30, 2007, 07:30:26 pm
(maybe Onstad's still deciding who gets shot at the party).


NOOOOOOOOO
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: melack on May 30, 2007, 11:14:15 pm
I think this same guy works at a Subway here in South San Francisco. He called me "stoopet' three times and "fuckface" once when I asked for a type of bread they don't offer.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: Noah on May 30, 2007, 11:15:44 pm
chris onstad doesn't seem like the type to make random homages to chevy chase, i thought it was more just like chevrolet/ford.

am i completely off on that ??
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: theinevitable on May 30, 2007, 11:51:32 pm
I want to know more about this, but I am afraid of Ass-Bar. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3645.msg93166.html#msg93166)

(Ass-Bar !== Ass-mar)
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: wombat on May 31, 2007, 12:28:22 am
OK! I have returned from braving Ass-Bar again to steal links for the youth of TOUAMB!

http://viewsbythebay.blogspot.com/2003/12/sam-wo-813-washington-san-francisco.html (http://viewsbythebay.blogspot.com/2003/12/sam-wo-813-washington-san-francisco.html)

http://www.fudcourt.com/samwo.html (http://www.fudcourt.com/samwo.html)
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: linnea on May 31, 2007, 01:30:45 am
I think this same guy works at a Subway here in South San Francisco. He called me "stoopet' three times and "fuckface" once when I asked for a type of bread they don't offer.

Oh, god... you didn't... you didn't...actually let him make you a sammich, did you? You went to another restaurant to eat, right?

That sounds like a recipe for food poisoning. Or something.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 31, 2007, 02:54:09 am
(Ass-Bar !== Ass-mar)

Sucks to your Ass-Bar!
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: melack on May 31, 2007, 03:47:31 am
Oh, god... you didn't... you didn't...actually let him make you a sammich, did you? You went to another restaurant to eat, right?

That sounds like a recipe for food poisoning. Or something.

I did, which was a poor idea. The sandwich tasted more like poop than I'm generally comfortable with.
Title: Re: the tiny flaming giraffeing cabin of the man (May 30, 2007)
Post by: Toaster on May 31, 2007, 06:49:59 am
OK! I have returned from braving Ass-Bar again to steal links for the youth of TOUAMB!

http://viewsbythebay.blogspot.com/2003/12/sam-wo-813-washington-san-francisco.html (http://viewsbythebay.blogspot.com/2003/12/sam-wo-813-washington-san-francisco.html)

http://www.fudcourt.com/samwo.html (http://www.fudcourt.com/samwo.html)

Education.