The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Toaster on June 01, 2007, 08:24:12 pm

Title: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: Toaster on June 01, 2007, 08:24:12 pm
I keep forgetting to post this. I don't remember ehich month it was, but there was an Achewood reference in Wizard magazine. (It's a magazine about comic books.) In an article about "Lost", there was a picture of a guy (Locke) in the present day on an old computer (in the hatch). The caption said, "Yeah, Oregon Trail still holds up."

Like this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05132003

It made me wonder how many people would get it. I mean, besides us.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: theinevitable on June 01, 2007, 09:07:35 pm
i mean... that is a real game, though. Why is that necessarily an Achewood reference?
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: side_show on June 01, 2007, 11:21:56 pm
Being a girl previously employed by the comicbook industry, I will note that Wizard is an "all references to all things dorky all the time" sort of outfit.  Basically everything written in there should have quotation marks around it.  I remember my boss would be like "Oh that's from She-Hulk #206. And that's from Bone Volume 2, issue 3.... etc." I don't at all doubt that it is a reference to Achewood.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: theinevitable on June 02, 2007, 12:45:04 am
aside: BONE IS SO GOOD.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: Nabubrush on June 02, 2007, 04:10:22 am
It's kind of like an anti-reference, because in that Achewood it isn't holding up - it's been updated.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: colmore on June 02, 2007, 04:39:25 pm
Is Wizard published out of New York?  I know some of the MoCCa folks, and the comics cognoscenti of the big Apple definitely loooooove Achewood.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 02, 2007, 11:21:13 pm
That's a real stretch, people. A real stretch. I have talked about Oregon Trail all over the internets and rarely in an Achewood context. It's got a pretty big footprint.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: linnea on June 02, 2007, 11:39:25 pm
That's a real stretch, people. A real stretch. I have talked about Oregon Trail all over the internets and rarely in an Achewood context. It's got a pretty big footprint.

Yeah, if they were talking about the seductive bartender or the extra modules in the updated version, or if they said, "Oregon Trail? Man, I used to punish at that game!" then we could draw a conclusive link.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: Nabubrush on June 03, 2007, 03:51:36 am
Especially since Beef and Ray are specifically commenting on and enjoying how the game is different now - which flies in the face of the "still hold up" concept.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: teh villain on June 03, 2007, 07:34:34 pm
i was just watching sabrina the teenage witch, and the cat was wearing a lucky chochacho medallion while talking on the phone to his dealer or something, convenently named roastbeef.

there should be laws about watching the abc family channel baked.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: jough on June 04, 2007, 02:08:56 am
Isn't there a law against posting to an internet message board about being so giddy about being baked?

Give us a call when you reach adulthood.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: Nabubrush on June 04, 2007, 02:54:49 am
Ah, the Jough we know and love.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: AugustWest on June 04, 2007, 03:38:52 am
We have missed you so.
Title: Re: Achewood reference in Wizard
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2007, 04:57:26 am
Jough! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU SO THAT I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT MY MARI-JUANA EXPERIENCE.

...not really.