The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_god on June 04, 2007, 05:54:21 am

Title: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: robot_god on June 04, 2007, 05:54:21 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042007)

A real hit in an arc which I didn't appreciate at all.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2007, 06:28:02 am
if Molly doesn't like that ring, and breaks beef's heart, I will BE SO MAD.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: oball on June 04, 2007, 06:29:25 am
Thank you for choosing the correct thread title. 

This was a great strip, I especially like the four Cs and the alt-text.

Maybe Beef should buy Molly a ring made out of beads (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04112005).
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: pmcd9 on June 04, 2007, 06:55:54 am
They gonna dig up Africa and never find a stone better than the ring Beef has made.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Doc on June 04, 2007, 09:25:05 am
That is an engagement ring sir.
I am sure Molly will be overjoyed.

Or he will walk in on her sleeping with Ray's spanish neighbour whose name I cannot recall.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Toaster on June 04, 2007, 09:47:49 am
Or he will walk in on her sleeping with Ray's spanish neighbour whose name I cannot recall.

Envelopé.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: side_show on June 04, 2007, 12:54:11 pm
I love the idea of trash being lured out of Tiffany's with a rubber C.D.  Some alternate artists include Andrew W.K. and Nickelback.

Also, any girl would rather have a diamond.  Does Molly love Beef that much?  We'll just wait and see.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: CortJstr on June 04, 2007, 02:09:00 pm
But I diamond would probably actually be worth less than that ring. DeBeers has so much artificial control over the market that 2nd hand diamonds are basically cheaper than milk. Where as Beef's ring is a one of a kind piece of art that people who read Make would go crazy for.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: wombat on June 04, 2007, 02:25:41 pm

Also, any girl would rather have a diamond. 

I am afraid I must disagree. I would rather have Beef's ring. I have never had or wanted a diamond. But is Molly that kind of girl? I really don't know.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 04, 2007, 03:58:09 pm
I love the idea of trash being lured out of Tiffany's with a rubber C.D.  Some alternate artists include Andrew W.K. and Nickelback.

I really, sincerely like Andrew W.K.  His live performances are distilled euphoria and no one is more earnest when he says he wants nothing more than to party hard.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 04, 2007, 04:41:44 pm
I would expect that Molly will be really pleased to be proposed to, and will love the ring on its own, Beefy merits, and then help him pick a nice wedding ring.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: evan on June 04, 2007, 04:41:53 pm
Jewelry stores will take anyone's money, they don't care about the relative classiness of the person.

Is the last panel actually happening or is it just an idea Roast Beef has?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Omegatron on June 04, 2007, 05:18:30 pm
Also, any girl would rather have a diamond.

Definitely true.  All normal women want a humongous diamond, no matter how many African slave children were killed to procure it.

However, you must remember that Molly is from heaven.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: theinevitable on June 04, 2007, 05:35:34 pm
oh, shit! Isn't she from before when people gave diamond engagement rings? I feel like... she necessarily is. Onstad does not care about this, though.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: CortJstr on June 04, 2007, 07:56:23 pm
oh, shit! Isn't she from before when people gave diamond engagement rings? I feel like... she necessarily is. Onstad does not care about this, though.

She's also from before people had his and hers copies of Wired, chinese take-out, and Subway sandwich webcam porn but that hasn't stopped her from being aware of them or partaking.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Ben-San on June 04, 2007, 08:06:35 pm
Molly is from Wales (in History) and is therefore free of Romantic Notions about things dug out of the ground.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 04, 2007, 09:28:20 pm
So if Molly is Welsh, Beef should get her a sheep if it's romantic notions he's trying to inspire.

*This post brought to you by the Society To Get More Welsh Sterotypes Out There*
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: V-Adore on June 04, 2007, 09:40:49 pm
Molly is from Wales (in History) and is therefore free of Romantic Notions about things dug out of the ground.

Does this also make her a warlock born and bred?

Anyway, I like the idea of a rubber Andrew WK CD being used as bait, although I have no problems with the artist himself. Presumably you could set the CD on the lid of a trash can or Dumpster for an appropriate level of veracity.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on June 04, 2007, 11:03:04 pm
However, you must remember that Molly is from heaven.

Well played, Omegatron.  Well played, indeed.

As a side note, I expect to see several rings like this at next year's Maker Faire.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: side_show on June 05, 2007, 03:23:28 am
Does this also make her a warlock born and bred?

Anyway, I like the idea of a rubber Andrew WK CD being used as bait, although I have no problems with the artist himself. Presumably you could set the CD on the lid of a trash can or Dumpster for an appropriate level of veracity.

Ah  memories!  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,540.45.html) it was fun reading that thread again.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: pmcd9 on June 05, 2007, 04:44:41 am
Ah  memories!  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,540.45.html) it was fun reading that thread again.

Good times...
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: ImpyChick on June 05, 2007, 08:25:18 pm
Definitely true.  All normal women want a humongous diamond, no matter how many African slave children were killed to procure it.

However, you must remember that Molly is from heaven.

False.  Like wombat, I've never had or wanted a diamond.  A white gold 1/4 inch band will do just fine when the day comes.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2007, 08:56:58 pm
My SO tried to talk me out of getting her an engagement ring. She finally relented and is now insisting that she doesn't want a wedding ring because it would be redundant and wasteful to get a 2nd ring.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: theinevitable on June 06, 2007, 07:11:27 am
...they're separate rings?

I know that I knew that. Because I remember saying "THEY'RE SEPARATE RINGS!?" before. But... goddamn. That is so much bling to give a lady.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: MrCB on June 06, 2007, 09:17:26 am
But the wedding ring is less blingy isn't it? Like just a plain band of gold or what have you.

Or am I completely mistaken?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: linnea on June 06, 2007, 06:18:37 pm
The engagement ring is the bling. Molly hasn't gotten the matching wedding ring yet.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 06, 2007, 09:34:33 pm
I love the idea of trash being lured out of Tiffany's with a rubber C.D. 

I think it's not just that he's trash, but that he's a cat, and this is a human jewelry store.  Humans lure unwanted cats away with rubber giraffe or with rubber kid rock cd's.  It's because humans think cats are so dumb that not only do they have low tastes (dead giraffe, kid rock) but they'll even be tempted by rubber imitations of the objects of their base desires. 
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: oball on June 07, 2007, 12:48:49 am
this is a human jewelry store.

The Underground has animal-run Subways, so why not a Tiffany's?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 07, 2007, 01:30:32 am
While some franchises, like Subway, have Underground equivalents, others, like American Idol, do not.  It definitely could be that there's an Underground Tiffany's, but my theory is that this is not the case.  I think this because luring someone away with a rubber toy seems to be what humans do to cats, and not what cats do to other cats. 
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: wombat on June 07, 2007, 02:02:08 am
I think this because luring someone away with a rubber toy seems to be what humans do to cats, and not what cats do to other cats. 

At first I thought this was absolutely right but... wouldn't cats know this about cats? That this sort of thing works, even though they feel stupid about it?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 07, 2007, 04:51:47 am
Hmm, could be.  And now that I think about it again, Beef does seem to think the rubber kid rock ruse would work.  Although he's also afraid that the Tiffany's people will throw a shoe at him.  I'm only afraid of someone throwing a shoe at me if that person is maybe ten times as big as I am. 
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: oball on June 07, 2007, 06:14:27 am
I assumed the CD was rubber because they didn't want to have a real Kid Rock CD in the store in case it infected them or something.

I stand by my assertion that the store is not a human store.  If it was a human store, wouldn't the door be a lot larger in relation to Beef here (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06042007)?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 07, 2007, 06:38:49 am
Maybe he is standing on a stool (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01312007). 
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: oball on June 07, 2007, 08:14:30 am
Touché.

And now, for a riposte link: if he was outside the Undergorund on business, why wasn't he wearing a hull (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08302005)?
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 07, 2007, 05:46:22 pm
Perhaps he was wearing a hull, avoiding notice by disguising himself as a common housecat. 

A common housecat standing on a stool.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Alternate on June 07, 2007, 10:15:16 pm
if he was outside the Undergorund on business, why wasn't he wearing a hull (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08302005)?

Okay.  I've reconsidered, and determined that

A) Beef is probably going to Good Vibrations in that strip. 
B) If Beef can go to Good Vibes without being thrown out for being a cat, the same is probably true of Tiffany's. 

So you win this time, Oball.  But I'll be back.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: oball on June 08, 2007, 02:58:13 am
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/clawx.jpg)
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: side_show on June 08, 2007, 01:12:52 pm
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/clawx.jpg)

Awwww, hell yeah!
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: Golfhaus on June 08, 2007, 10:09:13 pm
One of a very few things I disliked about the Inspector Gadget movie (and yes, I liked it) was that they showed you all of Dr. Claw. Fucker's supposed to just be the hand, man.
Title: Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
Post by: side_show on June 09, 2007, 03:56:45 am
One of a very few things I disliked about the Inspector Gadget movie (and yes, I liked it) was that they showed you all of Dr. Claw. Fucker's supposed to just be the hand, man.

What?  What?!  What?!!!  They show Dr. Claw?  What?  You like it otherwise?  What?  What?