The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: guns and cigarettes on June 07, 2007, 01:43:31 am

Title: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: guns and cigarettes on June 07, 2007, 01:43:31 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072007

YESSS!
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 07, 2007, 01:47:37 am
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Also, can't wait for this Lyle strip.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: CortJstr on June 07, 2007, 01:51:44 am
I believe that's a new smile for Beef. Although I did stop clicking on the "he smiles here!" links in that other thread after the 3rd one.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: wombat on June 07, 2007, 02:00:00 am
AWWWWWW.

Wait. Onstad. Can we trust him? Is he going to break our hearts?
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: V-Adore on June 07, 2007, 02:03:18 am
Awwwwwwww.

Please, please, please let this be legitimate. Please?
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Doc on June 07, 2007, 02:17:10 am
Awwww indeed.
And that Lyle strip is going to Punish.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: jough on June 07, 2007, 02:33:09 am
Oh HELL yes.

Brought a bit of a tear to my eye.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: oball on June 07, 2007, 02:50:27 am
Awwwwwwwwww.


Also, the juxtaposition of strip and alt-text was perfect.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 07, 2007, 03:11:18 am
My girl and I actually leave notes for each other like that a lot.

It... disgusts my brother/roommate.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: AugustWest on June 07, 2007, 03:15:35 am
part of loving a woman is accepting Sting

The secret of marriage in 8 words!
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: melack on June 07, 2007, 03:48:43 am
Awwwwwwwwww.


Also, the juxtaposition of strip and alt-text was perfect.

YES! I thought the strip was really sweet, but when I read the alt text I laughed so hard that I damned near spit iced tea all over my laptop.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 07, 2007, 04:06:13 am
Definitely warmed up the old tear ducts for this one.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Bimmicus on June 07, 2007, 04:41:29 am
Best thread title ever, and so very very true.

I better see that football go at least three feet tomorrow, though.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: theinevitable on June 07, 2007, 04:49:06 am
but... his voice is so good!
I am probably screwed up for life because my dad likes sting. don't pretty it up none, guys, I can take it...
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: linnea on June 07, 2007, 06:18:43 am
God dammit, I love this one so much. The sweetness of it is prevented from becoming saccharine by the addition of Lyle and puke and a football.

I love Beef and Molly. This is why I love Achewood so much.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Drastic Action on June 07, 2007, 06:25:43 am
Um, yeah.  I have had some decent exposure to Sting.

Some friends and I realized that during our growing up, our parents played Sting a lot, and so had grown secretly fond of his songs.  To make a long story short, during a camping trip, we decided that on our arrival home, we would fire up the hot tub and outdoor speakers, and have a Sting hot tub party.  Bear in mind, this is a bunch of dudes.

I really don't want to know what the neighbors think.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: DanSC on June 07, 2007, 06:32:30 am
This made me tear up a bit, and as most have noted, the alt text was the most perfect one yet. I <3 this strip.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: smick on June 07, 2007, 07:31:16 am
*SMICK* ?

Oh...wait...
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 07, 2007, 01:13:31 pm
The wedding is going to be ruined by Leon Sumbitches.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: CortJstr on June 07, 2007, 03:36:18 pm
I'll be glad to see the back of this story arc, to be honest. It has too high a 'naus' rating for cynical old me.

Mind you, I only gave a fuck about Princess Diana croaking to the extent that it drenched my telly in pompous overblown fake emotion for about a week. What I'm saying is: Ignore me, I'm a heartless monster.

The worst part was that her funeral was the same week, possibly the same day (my memory is hazy), as somebody who actually mattered. Guess which got more coverage. Why did American TV even care about some archaic "princess" anyway?
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Golfhaus on June 08, 2007, 12:31:57 am
The worst part was that her funeral was the same week, possibly the same day (my memory is hazy), as somebody who actually mattered. Guess which got more coverage. Why did American TV even care about some archaic "princess" anyway?

Because she was hot.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: Doc on June 08, 2007, 03:15:25 am
The worst part was that her funeral was the same week, possibly the same day (my memory is hazy), as somebody who actually mattered. Guess which got more coverage. Why did American TV even care about some archaic "princess" anyway?

That would be Mother Teresa. That annoyed me too.
Title: Re: 7 June 2007 - "part of loving a woman is accepting Sting"
Post by: AugustWest on June 08, 2007, 04:01:17 am
That would be Mother Teresa. That annoyed me too.

Bravo for life's little ironies.