The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Toaster on June 08, 2007, 08:14:16 am

Title: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Toaster on June 08, 2007, 08:14:16 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06082007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06082007)

Wow, I thought 'Stad was kidding, but there it is. I love Lyle's expression of... I don't know what, in the second panel. He looks somehow vulnerable, mildly shocked, taken aback. He's clearly proud of his skill; skill, not talent, as his dialog makes me think that he has done this many times before. Eww.

It's true what he says about spiraling. I tend to do it naturally because my frickin' OCD won't let me do anything less than exactly right.

Side note: have those little "Transcribe this comic!" buttons always been there? I just switched over from IE to Firefox today, and I can see it in the latter but not the former.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: theinevitable on June 08, 2007, 08:26:19 am
I am so glad that they are having an Emergency Party.

...at the Achewood Mansion? as opposed to the Smuckles Mansion?
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Bimmicus on June 08, 2007, 08:33:43 am
This needed to happen. Thank you Chris Onstad, wherever you are.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 08, 2007, 08:54:51 am
The achewood mansion is Chris' house.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: DanSC on June 08, 2007, 09:02:24 am
As advertised!
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 08, 2007, 12:06:07 pm
One promise kept, we're still waiting on the Tomorrow Chicken.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Doc on June 08, 2007, 12:31:06 pm
Did you ever cook that Bobby? That was a pretty rad recipe.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 08, 2007, 12:36:58 pm
Did you ever cook that Bobby? That was a pretty rad recipe.

I wasn't able to find a restaurant supply shop in the area that had ballbearings of the size I wanted. I won't use regular ball bearings, I need it to be food grade.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: CortJstr on June 08, 2007, 01:11:05 pm
The Transcribe button has been there for a few months, ever since Onstad finally signed up for OhNo*****.

Chris's house doesn't have a fountain while Ray's house has both a fountain and a circular driveway (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06232004).
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: iron_felix on June 08, 2007, 02:03:55 pm
Why would Ray have a statue of his friend outside his own house, though?  I would imagine that could be rather awkward.  Anyway, if Ray's front yard featured a fountain statue of a stuffed tiger projectile-vomiting on his driveway, he'd be in no position to complain about Envelópe's rotating Josephs and what have you.

Is there another "party" arc in the works here?  It's been two and a half years; I'd reckon it's about time for a new one.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: CortJstr on June 08, 2007, 02:54:37 pm
Why would Ray have a statue of his friend outside his own house, though?  I would imagine that could be rather awkward.  Anyway, if Ray's front yard featured a fountain statue of a stuffed tiger projectile-vomiting on his driveway, he'd be in no position to complain about Envelópe's rotating Josephs and what have you.

Is there another "party" arc in the works here?  It's been two and a half years; I'd reckon it's about time for a new one.

When I started reading this I was all set to post a whole "he meant that the vomit spurt is recycled art from the fountain jets" explanation before I got the rotating Josephs part and realized you're joking. And a vomiting Lyle statue would be kind of neat.

I guess I posted it anyway.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 08, 2007, 04:04:44 pm
This is rising very rapidly in the ranks of my favorite arcs ever.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 08, 2007, 09:04:14 pm
There are times when how good Achewood at its best makes me feel really bad about myself as an aspring writer.

Like "how the hell am I ever gonna come up with something this good?"

This is one of those times.

So I will need to go play some Family Guy Chicken with my brother, wherein we turn on Family Guy and compete to see how long we can pretend to like Family Guy before one of us turns off the television in abject disgust. That always makes me feel better about myself creatively.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 08, 2007, 09:14:26 pm
And a vomiting Lyle statue would be kind of neat.


It could vomit into this:

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/ghazvini.jpg)
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: V-Adore on June 09, 2007, 12:30:13 am
Bobby, is this your attempt to invent a vile new sexual fetish?

Anyway, this is a great strip. Kudos to Onstad for actually delivering on the promise of that fabulous alt text.
Title: Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
Post by: Doc on June 10, 2007, 01:25:51 am
Bobby, is this your attempt to invent a vile new sexual fetish?

What do you mean invent?