The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jaydub on June 11, 2007, 04:10:02 pm
-
When meeting a girlfriend's family, I have to suppress the weirdest thoughts.
QFT
My internal dialog usually has to do with suppressing compliments to them on raising such a hot little number. I wonder how I'm going to handle this when my daughter gets to be of age...
"No, Mrs N, I didn't know M. won 1st place in junior AA hossback riding." No wonder she can grip my waist with her thighs so firmly "She sure has good saddle posture in that picture."
-
Story I might have told elsewhere:
When meeting my parents, a boy of mine and my father were both enjoying some bonding by gently chiding me about my then vegetarianism over dinner. The boy then said "Don't worry Mr. Side_show, I sneak into side_show's room every night and give her a hot beef injection." He didn't mean it that way, and my dad didn't take it that way, but once the words were out of his mouth,the boy and I looked at each other out of the corner of our eyes and had to suppress laughter for the entire rest of the meal.
-
The first time I met The Gentleman Caller's father, I indirectly accused him of using my laptop without permission and then realized he merely owned a laptop of the same model as mine.
Later, he insulted me at Thanksgiving dinner, which necessitated one of those talks where the Gentleman Caller attempted to explain to me that that was "just (his) dad's way."
Victory!
-
The boy then said "Don't worry Mr. Side_show, I sneak into side_show's room every night and give her a hot beef injection." He didn't mean it that way, and my dad didn't take it that way . . .
Well, sure - or else your father would have been forced to kill him with a shrimp fork.
-
I met my girlfriend's parents approximately three hours after we got together.
Given that I had used the incredibly smooth "email-confessing-being-utterly-in-love" technique and then waited at length for her to work out how to respond to that little nugget of information, I was thankfully numb to the expected fear of embarrassing myself.
The only problem is that to this day I can't remember if I did embarrass myself or not. The fact that some part of me expected there to be a funny story somewhere in this post does not bode well.
-
It's interesting how many folks would not agree with the sentiment expressed in your signature there, Ruta.
-
It's me and Rowan Atkinson against the world.
-
Well, sure - or else your father would have been forced to kill him with a shrimp fork.
My right-wing dad was completely broken-hearted when he realized that said boy was gay. That was long, long after I'd come to understand said boy would never, ever supply me with the hot beef injections I so longed for, and moved on to a veritable feast of sausage. I mean the boy and I had both moved on to other people's sausages. Okay, maybe I've driven the euphemism into the ground? I don't even like sausage. I mean... I like sausage, but I don't like sausage. I mean... ugh. Never mind. Meat.
-
It's a veritable sausage-fest in here.
That's the first time I've ever used that expression and damn it, it felt good.
-
"Don't worry Mr. Side_show, I sneak into side_show's room every night and give her a hot beef injection." He didn't mean it that way, and my dad didn't take it that way,
You know, I'm still trying to figure out what other possible connotation the phrase implies.
The literal phrase seems physically impossible...
-
I met my boyfriend's parents like a week after we met/started dating, which struck me as moving very fast at the time. The main thing I got from it was that he really liked me because his parents and younger brother (who's pretty severely learning disabled) seemed to know almost all of the basic facts of my life.
I guess meeting them so early was par for the course, I spend probably 40% of my time there now.
-
You know, I'm still trying to figure out what other possible connotation the phrase implies.
The literal phrase seems physically impossible...
I'm going to guess that the Homer's BBBQ episode of the Simpsons had recently aired. "I've got the prescription for you, another hot beef injection." "Another Whopper for the copper."
-
I met my wife's mother a few weeks ago - several years after we got married. It went much better than I had expected, probably because I am providing her daughter with food, clothing, and shelter.
-
It's a veritable sausage-fest in here.
That's the first time I've ever used that expression and damn it, it felt good.
Whoa...you spend time in Alaska and you've never said that before?
Every time I go to the bar, I always either go with other ladies, or else once I arrive I look around desperately for my friends. The first thought I always have is, "Goddamn, it's a sausage fest in here. This is creepy. Where the hell are my girls?"
-
Did I read a comment from you in which you reported that the big bar in town (name escapes me) had changed their name?
I went in there one time, just before I flew back to Anchorage, and the server spilled hot coffee on my . . . #####-area.
Then I got on the plane, and the flight attendant decided I needed a refill.
-
Did I read a comment from you in which you reported that the big bar in town (name escapes me) had changed their name?
I went in there one time, just before I flew back to Anchorage, and the server spilled hot coffee on my . . . ******-area.
Then I got on the plane, and the flight attendant decided I needed a refill.
Yeah, I just don't like to make the name of the town public. I'll PM you.
OUCH... that's a lot of #####-burnination. Twice in one day!
-
hm.
the first time I met my last girlfriend's mom, it was awkward because she really obviously thought we were dating, and we weren't yet. And... I kind of casually mentioned something about their dog, which let it out that I had been to their house before-- when she was out of town for the week. I'm not completely sure she caught on, though. She seemed like a nice lady, as did her ex-husband, who I met a while later.
When I met my first girlfriend's mom, she was reading the paper. She proceeded to read my fortune... which was that I was in for a steamy night with my new lover, or something to that effect. To her credit, despite being horrible at keeping her thoughts to herself, she did not say anything about this.