The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: R2DTrousers on June 12, 2007, 11:41:38 am

Title: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: R2DTrousers on June 12, 2007, 11:41:38 am
The most tantalising teaser has to be Phillipe's terrible mistake (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/one_strip?b=M^a11f09b8576e606bcb5038dfdb92fb821&u=http%3A%2F%2Fachewood.com%2Fcomic.php%3Fdate%3D06122007).

I am thinking it could be financially crippling for the little guy. Nobody needs a big debt at that age.
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: V-Adore on June 12, 2007, 06:33:26 pm
When I was a kid, I thought that Redbook was a magazine about the wide world of the color red, featuring reviews of red objects &c. In other words, I can sympathize with Beef's confusion.
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: CortJstr on June 12, 2007, 06:39:25 pm
When I was a kid, I thought that Redbook was a magazine about the wide world of the color red, featuring reviews of red objects &c. In other words, I can sympathize with Beef's confusion.

Redbook I still vaguely know as a lady magazine. For years I thought that GQ was a nudie magazine though. And really, how can it not be with a name like that?
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: linnea on June 12, 2007, 10:15:09 pm
Redbook I still vaguely know as a lady magazine. For years I thought that GQ was a nudie magazine though. And really, how can it not be with a name like that?

Redbook is one of those retarded mags that feature crazy elaborate desserts on the front in full food-porn-glory, with huge screaming letters about the latest DIET FAD and HOW YOUR FAT ASS NEEDS TO LOSE WEIGHT BECAUSE WOMEN ARE WORTHLESS.

*twitch* I hate those things.
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: side_show on June 12, 2007, 10:54:29 pm
Ha!  My mom buys these constantly: Redbook, Good Housekeeping, Ladies' Home Journal...  And though I always tell her I do not want to read them, she dog ears pages (usually with medical advice?) and gives them to me.  Mom, I'm not taking advice from the same magazine that tells you how to lose weight by wrapping yourself in cellophane and going jogging.  And I'm not even going to read any magazine that has a fat cure and a cake made out to look like a Halloween Pumpkin on the same cover.  Blah!
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 13, 2007, 01:14:20 am
My boyfriend's mom recently gave me an issue of "Self". I have no idea why.
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: pez on June 13, 2007, 09:29:48 am
When I was a kid, I thought that Redbook was a magazine about the wide world of the color red, featuring reviews of red objects &c.

Well it SHOULD be. Editors of so-called "Red"book, are you listening? Wealthy and high-powered owners of Hearst Communications, are you paying heed? ARE YOU?!

I have never seen Redbook but I have seen a missed opportunity. The cover isn't even red, is it? What a disgusting betrayal.
Title: Re: June 12, 2007: An otherwise naked high-ranking Swiss military officer
Post by: Ruta Bagas on June 13, 2007, 09:39:08 am
To me, "Redbook" sounds like an occasional publication providing a handy reference to the RedWatch archives.

On balance I think I can deal with it being a trashy women's magazine.