The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: DanSC on June 14, 2007, 06:32:05 pm

Title: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: DanSC on June 14, 2007, 06:32:05 pm
I wonder if he ever checks out the boards.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 15, 2007, 03:49:45 am
I wonder if he ever checks out the boards.

Oh man, look up member "Chris Onstad" and read his posts sometimes. It's a good time.

Long story short, from a noob spec: Onstad lurked and then piped up, and at first was pretty nice despite people calling him all kinds of things because they thought he was faking it. After proving his reality, he made a couple of cracks at the expense of (I believe) wombat and jough, they bit back (as people here are wont to do no matter how much they like the person), he didn't get it and got all whiney and offended, and left.

Two years later: AssetBar.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2007, 04:47:58 am
Or go way farther back and check out the Dumbrella boards (moderated by Onstad himself). 
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 15, 2007, 05:00:07 am
Or go way farther back and check out the Dumbrella boards (moderated by Onstad himself). 

Do those still exist?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: jaydub on June 15, 2007, 05:29:01 am
Do those still exist?

Maybe in the Wayback machine (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://dumbrella.com)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2007, 11:57:06 am
Huh. I tried to get the Dumbrella boards from the Wayback Machine once and couldn't, none of the internal links to the actual threads worked, but now some of them do. I'm not sure I needed to know this.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Onstad!
Post by: linnea on June 16, 2007, 03:56:34 am
Happy birthday to the man.  And Ash... Jim Gaffigan once noted that birthdays are special things. "Can't believe I have to work on my birthday!" or "Can't believe I'm paying for sex on my birthday!"