The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 04:23:48 am

Title: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 04:23:48 am
(http://www.visitingdc.com/images/james-polk-picture.jpg)
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: RMJ12345 on June 15, 2007, 04:31:22 am
Naw, man, that's just long and slicked back. Mullets require some kind of fringe.


This is a mullet:

(http://www.plagueofthemullet.com/images/mullets/billy_ray_cyrus.jpg)

Business in the front, party in the back.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2007, 04:44:52 am
NOT THE NAPOLEON OF THE STUMP!!!
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 15, 2007, 05:44:17 am
Bishop of the X-Men had the raddest mullet of them all...

He was from a ruined future where black guys had mullets for some reason.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2007, 05:46:01 am
NOT THE NAPOLEON OF THE STUMP!!!

Austere, severe, he held few people dear!

His oratory filled his foes with fear!
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: CortJstr on June 15, 2007, 12:44:22 pm
Austere, severe, he held few people dear!

His oratory filled his foes with fear!

You'd better have a confetti cannon hiding somewhere. Don't start this thing if you can't finish it.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 15, 2007, 02:04:39 pm
Or a singing saw.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: side_show on June 15, 2007, 02:48:17 pm
Ha, ha, ha! (http://www.mulletjunky.com/picfix1.htm)  Oh, mercy!

*edit:  Looking a little further in to that site... they get a little to mean for my liking, but also, there is a term for a receding hair line mullet on the site:  the skullet.  I say Polk has a skullet.*
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 04:26:32 pm
This is my ex boss.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOUSTACHE/DSCN0542-E2-400.jpg)
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: linnea on June 15, 2007, 04:59:22 pm
that is hell of terrifying. Gah.

Anyway, back to Polk. YOUNG HIIIIICKORY, Napoleon of the stump.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: side_show on June 15, 2007, 05:03:30 pm
This is my ex boss.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOUSTACHE/DSCN0542-E2-400.jpg)

Is this the one you wanted to punch in the face? 
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: Ruta Bagas on June 15, 2007, 05:28:24 pm
I nearly ended up with a mullet a month or so ago.

It was a frightening experience, I can tell you.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 05:31:08 pm
Is this the one you wanted to punch in the face? 

The same.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 05:32:28 pm
Here's a better mullet site...

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2007, 05:53:17 pm
This is my ex boss.

Is that a prison mug shot? Because I thought it was at first.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2007, 06:45:02 pm
Is that a prison mug shot? Because I thought it was at first.

It was taken in my office.  The austere white wall and the blue jumpsuit does give it a prison mugshot feel. 

I had a mullet (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8625-E500.jpg) too for about two weeks.  Yes, I wore an ironic mullet.  Asshole ex-boss didn't seem to notice.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: side_show on June 15, 2007, 07:15:43 pm
See, with your mustache, you actually pull it off.  It is obvious from the care you take in styling it that you are aware of your mullet, that it is indeed an ironic comment, like a response in hair to your ex-bosses undignified hairdo.  I don't really know the chronology, but I imagine your mohawk to have followed the mullet, a comment on your freedom from that accursed job, the cause of cancer, as I once deemed it.
Title: Re: Polk had a Mullet
Post by: theinevitable on June 16, 2007, 06:15:01 am
I kind of look like I have a mullet right now. Every hair on my head (ie, non-facial hair) is about 1/2 inch... and when my mom helped me cut the back, she didn't really trim the neck to look shorter. So, it's all the same length... but the back looks slightly off. In a mulleticious way.