The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on June 19, 2007, 07:25:11 am
-
You can take that to the bank. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06192007)
Not sure I 100% get the narrative. Love that Cornelius had immigration issues.
-
Give the bbcode a shot instead of the HTML.
The time lapse continuum of Beef is confusing to me, but I like how it's greyed-out like in a dream sequence.
-
it's kind of depressing, to be honest ... I'm going to assume it's either a comment on the change in Beef's life now that he's going to be married, or that Onstad was just a bit baked when he wrote this one.
-
So, this seems to point to Onstad still reading this board. How did our whole "Soviet Russia" meme start anyway? I mean, I know it originates from comedian Yakov Smirnoff, but why did we start doing it all the time? I don't remember.
It's a relief to see Beef's TV's adjust over time. It means he's able to sort of keep up with things.
-
I am interested in Mr. Bear's ideas and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
-
the "in soviet russia..." thing is everywhere on the internet
everywhere
-
No, seriously, like... everywhere. You have no idea how many places that thing is.
I registered just to make sure you realize this.
-
In Soviet Russia, Internet is all over "Soviet Russia jokes are all over the Internet" jokes!
Wait. Did I do that right?
-
No, seriously, like... everywhere. You have no idea how many places that thing is.
I registered just to make sure you realize this.
You are totally right. It's huge on the intarwub. There are probably millions of references to "(Noun)? In Soviet Russia, (noun) (verbs)s you!" on PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE photos and messageboards and whatnot.
-
Yakov is in UR intarnets, Soviet Russia-ing UR jokes.
-
Well, this thread went to hell fast.
Anyway -- like everyone else, I'm not sure what to make of the left portion, but the right once is nice. Maybe the intent is a contrast between the way Beef formerly viewed his life (watching a TV alone until, finally, he is dead and only the TV notices) and the way things are actually shaping up (graceful and generous friends helping him to get married to his beloved)?
-
SO I HAERD U LIEK SOVIET RUSSIA JOKES?
(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p256/mru4/sovietmudkip.jpg)
Hey! That's dangerously close to a violation of rules 1 and 2.
-
Anyway -- like everyone else, I'm not sure what to make of the left portion, but the right once is nice. Maybe the intent is a contrast between the way Beef formerly viewed his life (watching a TV alone until, finally, he is dead and only the TV notices) and the way things are actually shaping up (graceful and generous friends helping him to get married to his beloved)?
Can'd for correct interpretation.
-
Exactly.
To the left, the reality where Beef doesn't have Molly to love him and be benignly-mutally-codependent with him. To the right, his buddies making sure that reality doesn't happen. No time travel necessary.
-
I just got the internet reconnected after a week, I come here and it's like the entire goddamn internet is ganging up on me, all we need is a chuck norris gag and we're good. I love you all.
Also thankyou to V, smets and rumjay for making me understand what Onstad is doing here. How do you suppose we get into Cornie's church? Can I just declare myself ordained? Is that good enough for the cartoon stuffed bear religion? Because if so I'm ordained, right here, right now.
-
The Unitarian Universalist church will ordain anyone for free. I am ordained, since small times actually. The did not care that I was an atheist at the time, and never hassled me again afterword. I did it on-line actually, but I don't remember the site. I'm sure there's lots of 'em out there if you search. I lost the certificate, but I seem to remember that they told me I could just get re-ordained. It only applies in the US though, Canada doesn't consider me ordained so, I have to cross the border to marry people. Which means my gay friends are SOL. Everyone on TOUAMB should get ordained and then we can be the Church of the Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board.
-
Yeah I've seen the universalist church, it never really gripped me, it's a title without religion. I figure I'm already a discordian pope so I don't want to trade down, but let's just say if the 'stad started pumping out dog collars with strips screen printed on the front I'd be first in line.
-
I just got the internet reconnected after a week, I come here and it's like the entire goddamn internet is ganging up on me, all we need is a chuck norris gag and we're good. I love you all.
Meh, I prefer the Alton Brown and Samoa Joe versions of those lists.
In the first, as-yet-unaired episode of Iron Chef America, Alton Brown single-handedly defeated an all-star team of Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Hiroyuki Sakai. The secret ingredient: whimsy
-
You sure it's the UUs you're talking about here? I thought UUs had each congregation ordain its own minister. The Universal Life Church, on the other hand, will ordain ministers by mail or e-mail on request.
-
I've been ordained through Universal Ministries since 2004.
http://www.universalministries.com/
I signed up just so I could tell people I'm an ordained minister. The actual ordination doesn't really amount to much. Plus...I forgot all about this until reading this thread, lol.
-
In the first, as-yet-unaired episode of Iron Chef America, Alton Brown single-handedly defeated an all-star team of Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Hiroyuki Sakai. The secret ingredient: whimsy
I heard the pilot episodes of Iron Chef america were hosted by william shatner until they realised what a terrible idea that was.
And Ben-San is right, as always.
-
I heard the pilot episodes of Iron Chef america were hosted by william shatner until they realised what a terrible idea that was.
And Ben-San is right, as always.
Back in 2001 there was a version of ICA on UPN. Shatner played the Chairman which actually worked pretty well. And it made sense because the chairman on the original IC was also a well-known actor. The main problem was that they filmed it in Vegas with a live audience who had brought in pro-wrestling-style signs. Plus the announcers were obnoxious and the chefs all seemed to care too much about appearing fun instead of stuffy.
-
Did he wear fabulous blouses?
-
Did he wear fabulous blouses?
I think they only aired one episode. So maybe fabulous blouse.