The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: linnea on June 25, 2007, 06:56:44 pm

Title: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: linnea on June 25, 2007, 06:56:44 pm
Wow. I really like the new designs. The Philippe design...I bet that lots of people would ask about that one, so I'm not sure if I'd get it. I expected a picture of the last frame in the comic (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012001), I guess.

Todd, Rampant. (http://www.achewood.com/shop/appm_dspec_premt_tdd.php)
Philippe is standing on it. (http://www.achewood.com/shop/app_dmain_pdg.php)
King of the Make-Outs (reissue). (http://www.achewood.com/shop/appm_dspec_premt_kng.php)
It is impossible to have a good day (reissue). (http://www.achewood.com/shop/appm_dspec_premt_mpb.php)

Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: V-Adore on June 25, 2007, 06:58:51 pm
I'm most strongly considering the "Standing On It" shirt. Todd Rampant is an interesting design, but not quite that interesting.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: robot_god on June 25, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
I hate the new shirts.  All I have is Chochacho.  I want to get a new one since I like the way it fits, but none of these new ones are good.  Maybe I'll get the Joe Strummer one.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: linnea on June 25, 2007, 10:34:56 pm
I am going to get the Chochacho design as soon as I have another job and a paycheck. The Achewood Calling one is another that I'd like to have.

I have The Dude Has Got No Mercy, Geometry, the Anniversary Design, and Huuuugs. My biggest regret is that I can't get custom stuff anymore. I should have shelled out and gotten a Geometry hoody when I had the chance.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: wombat on June 25, 2007, 10:35:21 pm
The last thing I need is another tshirt. Where is the new cookbook I was promised???
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2007, 11:27:10 pm
I was just thinking about King of the Make-Outs, sort of wishing that I'd bought it while I had the chance.

The Todd shirt is too busy, Philippe sounds too much like something from Napoleon Dynamite or something.

I'm still waiting for What The HELL People to come in a reasonable font-size.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: linnea on June 26, 2007, 12:01:14 am
The last thing I need is another tshirt. Where is the new cookbook I was promised???

I can always use another t-shirt. However, the cookbook vol. ii would be much radder than a t-shirt.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: jough on June 26, 2007, 12:08:38 am
These shirts are kinda lackluster as Onstad's shirts go.  I mean, I dig the retro old skool look, but he's done better.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: V-Adore on June 26, 2007, 01:19:53 am
I'm still tempted to buy an Achewood Calling shirt. It's possibly the most attractive design he's ever done.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 26, 2007, 05:17:01 am
I like the Lyle shirt I have. Everyone really enjoys it. I have the impossible shirt, but I don't know how many times I've worn it, and I don't know where it is.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 26, 2007, 01:00:37 pm
I refuse all achewood purchases until the next cookbook.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: smick on June 26, 2007, 01:33:48 pm
I am tempted by the Todd shirt.

Where I live, the Toddfolk are exceptionally large, and they act as though they'd cut a bi-ped for their wallet.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Limmo on June 26, 2007, 03:31:35 pm
None of the above, though for a second I thought about the Todd shirt. 

But since I've stopped wearing T-shirts with stuff printed on them, it would be a waste of $. 

Oh well.

Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: V-Adore on June 26, 2007, 08:27:36 pm
I'm going to start calling squirrels "Toddfolk" from now on. Classic.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: theinevitable on June 27, 2007, 07:47:17 pm
man, achewood is going hell of mainstream. All making t-shirts with unintelligeble slogans on them. All having beef get married.

Onstad, instead, I am going to buy this shirt. (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/yousoldout/)
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: theinevitable on June 27, 2007, 09:35:21 pm
oh, god, I'm so sorry.

I don't know why I thought of it, personally. it is on my list of "comics I used to read, and then I realized that I had never laughed at a single one."

right now Questionable Content is on there, but, I still read it.

So yeah, I kind of want an Achewood shirt, as I still don't own one. Hm.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: V-Adore on June 27, 2007, 11:32:46 pm
I don't know why I thought of it, personally. it is on my list of "comics I used to read, and then I realized that I had never laughed at a single one."

Seconded. This is why I kinda just... stopped reading it.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: CortJstr on June 27, 2007, 11:49:48 pm
Seconded. This is why I kinda just... stopped reading it.

That's what happened with me and Overcompensating. And Toothpaste for Dinner.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on June 28, 2007, 02:17:39 am
That's what happened with me and Overcompensating. And Toothpaste for Dinner.

I still read Toothpaste for Dinner because it takes so little effort to read that it doesn't seem like a significant waste of time the nine out of ten times it doesn't make me laugh.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: linnea on June 28, 2007, 05:28:02 am
There are quite a lot of comics that I have in my "webcomics" Firefox tab that almost never make me laugh. I just enjoy the story. I guess I approach them more from a graphic novel approach, rather than having a "funny pages" mentality.

Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic) - Well, actually I laugh at that one quite a lot.
Overcompensating (http://overcompensating.com/) - I love Jeffrey Rowland. He's hilarious.
Scary Go Round (http://scarygoround.com/) - I started reading The Englishman's work back in his Bobbins days and never really stopped.
Diesel Sweeties (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/) - I don't recall laughing out loud, but I still like it.
Perry Bible Fellowship (http://www.pbfcomics.com/) - He did a comic about triage that made me nearly pee myself laughing (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF005AD-No_Survivors.jpg#74). I forwarded it to all my medic friends. Since then I haven't found the same level of hilarity, but I love the artwork and craftsmanship that goes into each one.
xkcd (http://www.xkcd.com/) - I love this one. I laugh maniacally at most almost every single one of the strips. Pure genius.
Questionable Content (http://www.questionablecontent.net/index.php) - I really like his character development and artwork. I don't laugh much but I still like it.
Little Gamers (http://www.little-gamers.com/) - Most of the time he goes for gross-out humor similar to Penny Arcade, but it's still funny sometimes. I feel left out when he does strips in teh Swedish language though.
Natalie Dee (http://www.nataliedee.com/) - I love her so much. I know that some of y'all don't like her and don't get the humor, but I love it. They're just cute little one-liner drawings, and there's almost no character development or storyline to speak of, but I enjoy them.
Toothpaste for Dinner (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/) - same as ND. They're married, you know. I don't like Married To The Sea as much but I do read it occasionally. I would like to get a "It's Mother fuck*ng Booze Time (http://www.marriedtothesea.com/gallery-booze.php)" shirt.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: jaydub on June 28, 2007, 04:35:49 pm
There are quite a lot of comics that I have in my "webcomics" Firefox tab that almost never make me laugh. I just enjoy the story. I guess I approach them more from a graphic novel approach, rather than having a "funny pages" mentality.

Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic) - Well, actually I laugh at that one quite a lot.


That might be an archetypal (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/06/27) Penny Arcade at the moment. Or as we say in zoology, "type specimen".

(I was a zoologist, then a marine biologist, then a molecular biologist)
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 29, 2007, 02:49:02 pm
man, achewood is going hell of mainstream. All making t-shirts with unintelligeble slogans on them. All having beef get married.

Onstad, instead, I am going to buy this shirt. (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/yousoldout/)

I have that one - classic. I also have WiGU Not a Potato.

I basically never read webcomics anymore because it just takes too much time.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on June 30, 2007, 03:05:49 am
I have that one - classic. I also have WiGU Not a Potato.

I basically never read webcomics anymore because it just takes too much time.

Whenever a friend of mine (actually it is pretty much the one friend all the time) tries to get me to read a new webcomic, I usually just look at two or three, do not laugh, and think "your activities are so poorly conveyed (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01172005)" and never read another one of those webcomics again. It is a great time saver.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2007, 03:20:49 am
Reading this thread has forced me to admit that Toothpaste for Dinner isn't any good anymore. This is sad. I was happier when I was in denial about it, dammit. And I have to keep reading it in case there are more pug videos so there's nothing I can do about it.

Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 30, 2007, 03:25:08 am
Hugs, Wombles. Things like that are hard to confront, but you're better for it.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2007, 03:00:08 pm
I'm telling you people, Little Dee (http://littledee.net/) is where it's at.
Title: Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
Post by: linnea on July 01, 2007, 10:54:22 pm
I'm telling you people, Little Dee (http://littledee.net/) is where it's at.

I really like Baldwin's work. Bruno was a little pretentious and angst-ridden for me, but his artwork is spectacular. I also really like Little Dee, glad that you reminded me. I'll add it to my Firefox links.