The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on June 26, 2007, 11:37:36 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06262007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06262007)
I did not realize there was a class component in the long standing debate regarding helicopter death. Isn't death by helicopter mainly something the rich need to worry about? When are the poor going to be using helicopters?
-
Wow, wow, wow, WOW I am laughing so hard still. New favorite Achewood. Amazing.
-
Outstanding, would read again, *****, A++
-
Razor blade helicopter would never leave the ground. No lift.
Besides the whole problem could be avoided by getting copped at the neck. Aint like the thing got to whack you in the shnoz to kill you.
Also, Helicopter death is not worried about by the poor, its something planned as a fancy alternative to whiskey death or shotgun sammich.
-
Typically, A-CAP takes into account the actual aerodynamic requirements of a propellor.
-
People, what about air shows? Mega opportunities for hell of helicopter death.
-
And has Lyle ever heard of glasses (the drinking type)?
-
Absolutely classic, especially the fact that Ray is talking about helicopter death with his mom. Hot damn.
-
Sorry Mom!
-
I'd say the winner here is Lyle. Helicopter blades need to have an airfoil shape to them (like an airplane wing), since they employ the same basic principle of generating downwash to lift the craft upwards. Sharp blades would just cut through the air with no opposite reaction to lift you up.
But, yeah, I took an aeronautics class in college. That doesn't change the fact that this strip is the funniest in months.
-
With a lot of other online comic strips, the major gag of the strip would be that it turns out he was talking to his mom and the premise would be heavily telegraphed.
In Achewood, the joke is two weird creatures seriously debating the merits of varying methods of helicopter decapitation in the exact same way you and your friend would and the fact that he is talking to his mom is... a tiny throwaway line at the end.
Which completely renews the funniness of such a gag.
It would be such as you and your friends starting down the path of a "Who's On First?" routine that descends into trying to figure out whom of Jeter and A-Rod is the top and the bottom when they sexually couple and... like... somehow near the end, you glance back off the "Who's On First?" riff again.
Which would be awesome.
-
so...
I feel that originally he was talking about how Lyle's glasses are not Sharp, and then he tried to make a save?
is no one getting that vibe at all?
-
Perhaps. I thought maybe Lyle just *thought* he was talking about his glasses, since he is probably a little sensitive about them, and then started dishing out the opinions since he was already worked up into a fury. Man, this was a good strip.
-
so...
I feel that originally he was talking about how Lyle's glasses are not Sharp, and then he tried to make a save?
is no one getting that vibe at all?
I never saw it that way, but yeah...I mean, getting into a fight with Lyle is like getting into a fight with a meatpacking plant (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05042004).
-
I never saw it that way, but yeah...I mean, getting into a fight with Lyle is like getting into a fight with a meatpacking plant (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05042004).
Like that would bother the Son of Rodney.
-
Like that would bother the Son of Rodney.
We've already seen that Ray has a problem with fighting a friend, though. Lyle would have no such qualms.