The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on June 29, 2007, 02:48:04 pm

Title: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: AugustWest on June 29, 2007, 02:48:04 pm
Kindly check your gmail, sir.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 29, 2007, 07:49:17 pm
que?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Nabubrush on June 29, 2007, 07:51:46 pm
que?

There's nothing to see here, people. Move along.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: side_show on June 30, 2007, 02:27:58 am
Why does this all seem so ominous?  AW, make sure to leave a trail of bread crumbs behind you.  Or better yet, just be on the look out for a frivolous lawsuit, okay?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: AugustWest on June 30, 2007, 11:11:35 pm
I met the great man in person last night.  Rest assured I remain hale and hearty.  I found El Guapo a gentleman, a scholar and a gracious host. 

And annoyingly lucky.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2007, 11:37:01 pm
Are there pictures?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: pmcd9 on July 01, 2007, 03:35:25 am
I expect pictures from the both of you.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 01, 2007, 04:33:24 pm
I can do you better.

Video of myself and CortJstr meeting Jough. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: pmcd9 on July 01, 2007, 04:43:14 pm
Bloody Hell, that video has over a million views.  I found that I couldn't look away.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 01, 2007, 06:58:48 pm
A friend of mine and I have perfected the STEALTH rickroll. Witness for example this (i guess, theoretically, NSFW) porno (though the clothed, speaking part):

...which then leads to the RickRoll... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkDWhciNi8)
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: theinevitable on July 01, 2007, 09:27:22 pm
um.

so yeah, Jough's voice is weird. And his self. I'm sure he's nice and all, but his music video scares me.

He has my sunglasses, except he probably has the real Ray Ban ones.

wait, so, is Jough is a gay man?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: linnea on July 01, 2007, 10:48:22 pm
A friend of mine and I have perfected the STEALTH rickroll. Witness for example this (i guess, theoretically, NSFW) porno (though the clothed, speaking part):

...which then leads to the RickRoll... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkDWhciNi8)

Heh... "Waitaminute, she's not makin' out with the dude! This is just RickRoll!!"
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: AugustWest on July 02, 2007, 01:10:31 am
Jough took pictures.  I forgot to pick up my camera on the way out of the hotel room.  Since I am on the wagon these days, out outing was pretty staid.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: theinevitable on July 02, 2007, 02:38:35 am
I am a huge fan of such phrases as "On the Wagon," "On the Bus," "A Friend of Dorothy," etc.

Not to say that Not-Drinking is the same as Man-Loving. But, you know, similar phrases.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: jough on July 04, 2007, 06:19:59 pm
Bill W is a good friend to have.  I may have to make his acquaintence soon, although at the moment I have a drinking solution not a drinking problem.  And I can go for the better part of most weeks without having a drink.  And I'm not hiding my drinking yet.  So there's hope I can kick this thing without public humiliation.

Anyway, it was a pleasure meeting Mr. AugustWest (aka Cousin Frank), and had I known he was on the bus I may have suggested another place to meet (or at least not gotten a drink myself) but really, if you're ever in Chicago, you must see the night view from the top of the John Hancock center.  There's really no better view of Chicago than the top of the 'cock.

I have a couple of photos, but they're in my camera.  I left the house without bringing the SD card that was still in my reader, and so I have to find the driver disc to get the photos out of the in-camera memory, then find the cable, etc.  It's a chore. 

Soon to be Flickred, though, I'm sure.

And I have hit a run of good fortune lately.  It's making me nervous.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: wombat on July 04, 2007, 07:20:15 pm

And I have hit a run of good fortune lately.  It's making me nervous.


I feel exactly the same way. I'm trying to believe that it's just evening things out for the run of bad luck that I am coming off of.  But by that logic, the next run of bad luck is inevitable...

And are we going to get the full story on your good fortune?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Nabubrush on July 04, 2007, 08:14:52 pm
Congratulations, both of you!
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 05, 2007, 01:12:53 pm
OK, AW, spill:  How do you pronounce his first name?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: AugustWest on July 06, 2007, 01:25:17 am
OK, AW, spill:  How do you pronounce his first name?

Still don't know, he didn't say it.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Nabubrush on July 06, 2007, 01:42:29 am
Still don't know, he didn't say it.

You were supposed to continually call him "Joog" until he corrected you.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: jaydub on July 06, 2007, 04:16:22 am
Still don't know, he didn't say it.
You just went around saying, "Hey, you" all day?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: AugustWest on July 06, 2007, 04:28:36 am
You just went around saying, "Hey, you" all day?

A) We were together no more than an hour and a half.
B) Dude wants to keep some mystery about himself, s'okay with me.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: linnea on July 06, 2007, 04:30:27 am
A) We were together no more than an hour and a half.
B) Dude wants to keep some mystery about himself, s'okay with me.

A similar example is YHWH, where nobody is supposed to know how to pronounce it. Is that the truth, el Jefe?
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Doc on July 06, 2007, 12:01:49 pm
You know with spanish-style pronunciation and enough imagination Jough could just about equal YHWH.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: Nabubrush on July 06, 2007, 01:56:50 pm
You know with spanish-style pronunciation and enough imagination Jough could just about equal YHWH.

I did always maintain it was pronounced 'Jah'.
Title: Re: Paging El Guapo...Would El Guapo please pick the White Courtesy Phone...
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 06, 2007, 03:11:23 pm
Quote from: Doc
You know with spanish-style pronunciation and enough imagination Jough could just about equal YHWH.

With that, an internet messageboard cracked the Bible Code.

Partly cloudy today, with an 85% chance of toads and locusts.