The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2007, 01:05:20 pm

Title: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2007, 01:05:20 pm
http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2007/07/i-found-song-ive-been-meaning-to-find.html (http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2007/07/i-found-song-ive-been-meaning-to-find.html)

Best blog post ever. We knew the K's were fucked up, but god damn.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: wombat on July 04, 2007, 02:44:55 pm
I'm waiting for the apologies from all the Molly-haters.

But the best part of this is the offhand comment that one of her brothers is a saint.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: AugustWest on July 04, 2007, 03:13:16 pm
Wow.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: pmcd9 on July 04, 2007, 03:45:17 pm
Wow.

Wow.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2007, 03:58:26 pm
I'm waiting for the apologies from all the Molly-haters.

But the best part of this is the offhand comment that one of her brothers is a saint.

Eh, probably not one of the good ones. Probably got through when JP2 was sainting anyone who ever said a Hail Mary before television was invented.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: jaydub on July 04, 2007, 04:01:41 pm
Wow.
Wow.
Wow
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: linnea on July 04, 2007, 05:04:52 pm
Damn. That is some heavy character development. Then again...I've always liked Molly, and never understood the haters.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: ImpyChick on July 04, 2007, 06:01:21 pm
Damn. That is some heavy character development. Then again...I've always liked Molly, and never understood the haters.

Ditto.  Molly's a great chick, & the recent blog confirms it.  I loved the last couple lines.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: V-Adore on July 04, 2007, 07:22:10 pm
This is a great blog entry on a whole lot of levels, from "hey, one of Molly's brothers is a saint?" to "awwwww."
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: RMJ12345 on July 04, 2007, 07:40:51 pm
Damn. That is some heavy character development. Then again...I've always liked Molly, and never understood the haters.

Agreed. I love her. She's like the best antidote to Beef, ever.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: pez on July 06, 2007, 12:05:41 am
Wow.
Wow.
Wow
World of wow?

Molly is the balm for Beef's raw, chapped hands of life. And somehow, somehow, she speaks to all of us.
Or at least the ones up way past their bedtimes.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: kage23 on July 06, 2007, 12:36:38 am
I just want to say ...

AWWWW!

They're so cute together!
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Limmo on July 06, 2007, 03:32:34 am
That blog post was almost literature. 

Agreed: wow.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Enkidu on July 06, 2007, 04:31:04 pm
Quote
I know that when Beef actually smiles, that smile was hard come by.
Exactly.  Exactly.

Great blog post.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 07, 2007, 06:36:00 am
Bubb Rubb is a fuck*ng hero.  The driving at the end is priceless.


More california crazies:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbL_5rH1QQ
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Golfhaus on July 07, 2007, 12:32:51 pm
I've seen that before. Where have I seen that before? I thought someone here mentioned it, but on review it could have been MeFi.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Doc on July 07, 2007, 01:56:42 pm
An entire post about how Beef's family sucks and how they screwed Beef up but how she will put up with them and sees the shit that the other girls don't see in Beef (the implication being that it is she who is special since she sees in him what others do not)?

Quote from: Molly
he has his 'zine. That's fine. It's actually kind of fun.

Was there ever any clearer bitch-code for 'This quirk of his is only slightly irritating. I will let it continue, for now.'

No, this does not alter my views on Molly.
Not At All.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: RMJ12345 on July 07, 2007, 02:30:57 pm
An entire post about how Beef's family sucks and how they screwed Beef up but how she will put up with them and sees the shit that the other girls don't see in Beef (the implication being that it is she who is special since she sees in him what others do not)?

I can see that interpretation. Fair criticism.

But Beef probably is really hard to deal with. And she's right - other girls don't see that stuff in Beef, that's why he's just had the one girlfriend.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Doc on July 07, 2007, 03:36:07 pm
I can see that interpretation. Fair criticism.

See, I was trying to be ridiculously unfair to prove that no matter what I will hate Molly.
Way to go ruin it all by being understanding and even handed Rumjay.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: oball on July 11, 2007, 07:30:01 am
Ray has no idea about Australia.

No-one in Australia drinks Foster's.  No-one.  The only people I've met who have ever drunk Foster's are all American.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 11, 2007, 10:18:03 am
I haven't even read Ray's yet (save the best for last), but Pat's blog was hilarious.  Especially tantric sky fuck*ng and how he points out specifically that he doesn't respect bar/restaurant owners.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Doc on July 11, 2007, 01:14:41 pm
I sense that Ray's Australia post was all a set up for something hilarious that will happen at the resistance pool.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Limmo on July 11, 2007, 03:44:58 pm
"You can't put question marks on the table, chica." 

Onstad's on a roll.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: oball on July 13, 2007, 04:58:30 am
I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: linnea on July 13, 2007, 05:17:09 am
I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.

Heh. I've heard that real Aussies don't drink Foster's, but I never really believed it until now. That's hilarious.

Onstad knows that they don't really drink Foster's, but Ray believes whatever the glowing box will tell him. Classic.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: jaydub on July 13, 2007, 04:32:13 pm
I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.

That's Aussie good naturedness right there.  They didn't want the cat to look foolish.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 17, 2007, 10:15:06 pm
One time someone bought my dad a 12-pack of Fosters.  He wouldn't drink it so he gave it to me.  I drank it throughout a week, and by the end I kind of liked it.  I will never drink it again if it is not free, though.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Doc on July 18, 2007, 10:02:03 am
Yeah, there are many better beers here than fosters, some of which are even made in this country.
Plus it doesn't even have a good song.
Title: Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
Post by: Mr Trout on July 28, 2007, 12:03:57 am
Ray's latest "Australia" post really had me laughing. It is so perfectly Ray. It is the distilled pure essence of Ray.

The last comment about Australia being several days ahead of us really got me.