The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on July 08, 2007, 04:51:06 am

Title: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: V-Adore on July 08, 2007, 04:51:06 am
Permalink (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07092007)

Best long Achewood silent sequence ever?

EDIT: I regret nothing!
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 08, 2007, 05:26:59 am
Yes Ray, hang your head in shame.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: linnea on July 08, 2007, 05:35:36 am
Finally Onstad breaks his silence about the lolcat memes that have been bandied about the internets these days.

I'm not sure why some folks get so worked up about the PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE. I have been known to enjoy a few in my day. However, we all know that I am a crazy cat lady, one whose neighbors and coworkers thought I had actual human children because I refer to Milan and Lennybruce as "the little boys".
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Lister on July 08, 2007, 06:19:21 am
A good lolcat is awesome, but too many people think that poor spelling is all you need.

Bad PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE make Baby Internet Jesus cry, people.  Don't do that to Baby Internet Jesus.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Drastic Action on July 08, 2007, 07:58:48 am
Indeed.  There is a fine art to it, which a lot of people seem to miss.  Sort of how people started thinking that a rock band with a horn section was enough to be considered a ska band.  There is an intrinsic quality that really makes (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/lolcat_this_is_mah_job.jpg) it work (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/godspeedmooncat.jpg).  Some just fail (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/fail.jpg) because they are doing it wrong (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/cheez_doing_it_wrong.jpg).

OH LAWD (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/298994067_5bdd356e05_o.jpg)
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Doc on July 08, 2007, 09:49:23 am
The lolcat is indeed a delicate concoction, I wonder if anyone will understand this in 2 years time.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: wombat on July 08, 2007, 11:53:30 am
In any art form, probably 95% is shit, right?  That doesn't negate the 5% that is Genius.

But, wow, this one is too sad. I was all excited at a new comic on a Sunday, and now I am all sad. Way to ruin my weekend, Mr. Onstad.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Golfhaus on July 08, 2007, 03:38:10 pm
fail (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/fail.jpg)

And see, that one has so much POTENTIAL. But instead of a cute and a smidge sad "OH NOES" or something, they made it mean and stupid.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: AugustWest on July 08, 2007, 03:39:38 pm
But is Ray saddened because he's ashamed of making PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE or because he's just been mean to Beef?
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: ananke on July 08, 2007, 05:03:23 pm
OH LAWD (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/298994067_5bdd356e05_o.jpg)

Wow. That is ray's magreaux dog right there. Just wow.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 08, 2007, 06:39:04 pm
Ray cannot know shame for constructing a link in a chain of internet memes.

He is not built that way. There are very very few things an imaginary talking cat thing like Ray can feel actual shame about. Making Beef feel even worse than he usually does is one of those few things.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Toaster on July 08, 2007, 07:19:56 pm
Damn, just... damn. Not even the hella properties of King Chochacho's medallion can alleviate the harshness of these chuckles.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 08, 2007, 07:40:03 pm
Today I learned of PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE and the difference between nascar and indy car racing.
 I felt less like a loser looking at PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE, but my faveorite PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE will continue to be those found at achewood.com.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: side_show on July 08, 2007, 08:03:18 pm
I IZ ON A MESSEDGEBORED

REEDING UR POSTZ

I just spent way too much time looking at PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE.  I already knew what they were, but, there's something about them.  It's all very "car crash."  PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE mean something about us linguistically and culturally that is actually pretty fascinating in a deeply troubling way.  What we need is a war on our own continent.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: jough on July 08, 2007, 08:16:48 pm
Here's a meme that died pretty fast, though.  So much so that this strip is already dated.

Why not post a strip about Beef waiting in line for a fuck*ng iPhone.  Why not an Easter strip?


BTDT
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: linnea on July 08, 2007, 08:21:14 pm
And see, that one has so much POTENTIAL. But instead of a cute and a smidge sad "OH NOES" or something, they made it mean and stupid.

That one makes me sad. "Dammit, the baby kitty needs food! Take off the stupid space collar!"

BTDT

I'm retarded with acronyms. Explanation, please?
...wait,, I just googled it. "Been there, done that."

Wow. That is ray's magreaux dog right there. Just wow.
That one is pretty terrifying. "Oh lawd! (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/298994067_5bdd356e05_o.jpg)"
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: jough on July 08, 2007, 08:24:30 pm
TOMORROW: IM IN ALL UR BASE, BELOGNING TO US
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: side_show on July 08, 2007, 08:24:50 pm
Jough, there are PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE about iPhones.   (http://icanhascheezburger.com/page/5/I have seen them today.[/url)
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: DanSC on July 08, 2007, 11:36:38 pm
I just like how FURIOUSLY Ray is tasting the brocley.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Drastic Action on July 09, 2007, 12:56:19 am
Jough, there are PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE about iPhones. 
 (http://icanhascheezburger.com/page/5/I have seen them today.[/url)

There are? (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/ugotz.jpg)
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: RMJ12345 on July 09, 2007, 03:17:57 am
Whatever, I love PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE. I visit I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER? daily.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: AugustWest on July 09, 2007, 05:08:37 am
Whatever, I love PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE.

Yeah, me too.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 09, 2007, 05:10:26 am
It still seems like a pretty popular meme to me. These things take a while to spread out and are popular in different places at different times. By places I mean internet circles.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: theinevitable on July 09, 2007, 06:52:03 am
I feel that... a kid on my floor made a really good one. Involving some photoshopping... and our floor... and a big party we were having...
but it escapes me.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Doc on July 09, 2007, 07:16:10 am
Why not post a strip about Beef waiting in line for a fuck*ng iPhone.  Why not an Easter strip?

Obviously his arm is too tired from all that wife beating and whisky chugging to keep up to date on recent news.

Speaking of old memes.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: dejavroom on July 09, 2007, 12:06:46 pm
What we need is a war on our own continent.

Oh my God, you think that too? Then there's a pair of us!
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 09, 2007, 01:48:52 pm
Well crap.  I've been sitting on this for like weeks, waiting for the right thread to post it in.  And now Onstad's largely beaten me to it.

(http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/seriousbeef.gif)
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: AugustWest on July 09, 2007, 02:11:19 pm
Well crap.  I've been sitting on this for like weeks, waiting for the right thread to post it in.  And now Onstad's largely beaten me to it.


You can has tiny can.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 09, 2007, 02:46:24 pm
What we need is a war on our own continent.

YOU!
LETS START A WAR
LET'S START A NUCLEAR WAR
AT THE GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR

(N.B. This reply is lolcat compliant (http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/).)
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: jlk7e on July 09, 2007, 06:26:49 pm
Quote
The lolcat is indeed a delicate concoction, I wonder if anyone will understand this in 2 years time.

I'm fairly certain I don't really understand it now.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: side_show on July 09, 2007, 06:51:21 pm
Oh my God, you think that too? Then there's a pair of us!

If only we could figure out away to instantly rule our countries and become mortal enemies.  We'd both know it was for the better good.  Look:  you move to Seattle, I'll move to Toronto... something about who's tower is better... then my country legalizes drugs and yours declares a War On Drugs II... the rest will work itself out.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: jaydub on July 10, 2007, 02:23:53 am
I found another instance of Ray being a dick to his friend (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09102004).
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 10, 2007, 04:41:10 am
I'm sad to say that it took me until this morning to realise that Ray was making his own lolcat pictures because he's, you know, a cat.

Anyway, he is right to feel shame.
Title: Re: July 9, 2007 -- You're stupid! You shouldn't even care!
Post by: linnea on July 12, 2007, 04:50:37 am
YOU!
LETS START A WAR
LET'S START A NUCLEAR WAR
AT THE GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR

(N.B. This reply is lolcat compliant (http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/).)

Heh. Awesome. Anyway, Bobby, I thought of you when I saw this:

(http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/mmmmmmm-bacon.jpg)