The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2007, 11:14:13 pm

Title: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2007, 11:14:13 pm
Ladybird Johnson has died (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070711/ap_on_re_us/obit_johnson).

My reaction (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/780776396/).
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: linnea on July 12, 2007, 03:42:17 am
Wow. I never knew that much about her until you linked that article, Paul. I didn't know that "Lady Bird" was just a nickname, and not her Christian name.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: AugustWest on July 12, 2007, 03:51:43 am
She devoted her life to beautification and put up with all of LBJ's bullshit.  She must have been one hell of a woman.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: jough on July 12, 2007, 12:27:43 pm
Yeah, especially when LBJ would pick her up by her ears to show her off to the press.

RIP, Lady Bird.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2007, 12:51:11 pm

My reaction (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/780776396/).

Aw, sweet.

The Technical Staff made a snide comment on how the picture of her they used on the TV was many years old. I said that if I lived to 94 and was well known enough to warrant an obit, they damn well better use a picture from when I was 60.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: jaydub on July 12, 2007, 04:46:07 pm
Why can't we become more beautiful with age?  Like polished redwood burl, or marbled statues.  Why we gotta get all saggy, crookedy and patchy looking?  Damn.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: Doc on July 13, 2007, 01:46:44 am
Sounds like she was a nice lady.
Also, as much as I love the 'stache, Paul can rock a beard.
Title: Re: Rest in Peace Ladybird
Post by: jay-ell on July 27, 2007, 10:06:00 pm
Yeah, especially when LBJ would pick her up by her ears to show her off to the press.

This is why I love you, Jough. 

I heard about this a few days later and took a moment of silence.  Quite possibly the greatest first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt.